Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dreams....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly, otherwise I would not need to come to you for this answer. lol That theory is all I know of him, and that alone makes him a little off as far as I am concerned. This is not to say that he wasnt brilliant. Im sure he must have been.

Comment

Ive never had a dream in black and white...I would think color is the standard since thats how we see things anyway. Black and white could just be an association with something old or dreary?

Comment

I was once told by an older,much older, person, that dreams which you have in the morning are not important, as they will not/have not actually happened... i dont know why..i am assuming that if thisis infact true it follows the fact which Madhandle mentioned that you can wake up sometimes and be half unconscious while controlling your dreams...? im not sure.. but perhaps there is truth to this.. what do you guys think>? ever heard of this?
        How do you hurt a masochist?
        -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
          I was once told by an older,much older, person, that dreams which you have in the morning are not important, as they will not/have not actually happened... i dont know why..i am assuming that if thisis infact true it follows the fact which Madhandle mentioned that you can wake up sometimes and be half unconscious while controlling your dreams...? im not sure.. but perhaps there is truth to this.. what do you guys think>? ever heard of this?
          Yeah I've heard of it, it sounds amazing, but that happens pretty rarely. I think some sites tell you how to try and do that but I dunno, it sounds like you just have to get lucky sometime.

Comment

I dont know about you guys, but i have a lot of deja-vu's. There have been instancs where i noticed a deja vu and was able to say whole sentences before the person saying it actually did.. once i freeked my sister out by this when i said it too loud... and just in general.. I get it alot... I have heard that sometimes things may feel like deja vu because you actually think of the following few seconds in your mind befor eyou say it, and this is unconsciously.. so when you do say it, it appears that you have experianced this once in a dream, when it wasonly moments ago in your unconscious mind.... Weird.

BTW, here is a bit on length of dreams.
            A. REM sleep periods, and therefore dreams, last typically in the range of 5 to 45 minutes (cf. section 6). Often, the subjective time spent in a dream is much longer. One possible explanation for this time-stretch effect is that dreams are combined from pieces (see preceding paragraph) that have their own different setting in time. You first dream of something that occurred a year ago, then - following - of something that occurred just recently, mix them up a bit and are left with the remembrance of a dream that lasted a year. But experiments suggest that dreamed actions run in "real time" - what you do in your dream takes exactly this time to dream. With external influences like the radio running in the morning, you have both the real time in which you hear something and - sometimes - the feeling that it lasted considerably longer. Anyway, time is one of the perceptions that are heavily distorted in dreams.

Comment

Last night when i went to sleep... i had my cell phone on my nightstand.. I was asleep fro about an hour when my cell phone started to ring.. i was not dreaming of anything, but i thaugt the cell phone ringer (its music) was from in my dreams, i was a mess.. i picked it up after a little while, it took me aout a minute or more to realize who it was and what was going on.. lol.. but i think i had a LOT on my mind, and that may have contributed to my lost state ofmind..

Comment

I dont know about you guys, but i have a lot of deja-vu's. There have been instancs where i noticed a deja vu and was able to say whole sentences before the person saying it actually did.. once i freeked my sister out by this when i said it too loud... and just in general.. I get it alot... I have heard that sometimes things may feel like deja vu because you actually think of the following few seconds in your mind befor eyou say it, and this is unconsciously.. so when you do say it, it appears that you have experianced this once in a dream, when it wasonly moments ago in your unconscious mind.... Weird.
                I get it fairly often too. Usually I see something and I know I've seen it before, and sometimes I know what's about to be happening with it. Once I knew what someone was about to be saying during a deja vu experience. I am not quite sure what to make of it though. I have heard that it is your brain processing things that are happening and when deja vu happening it is your brain processing it slower than normal and so while something has happened your brain makes it seem like it is happening when it already has. Hard to explain but it makes sense and I can definitely understand that as an explanation for deja vu mostly. Sometimes though, I don't know, it seems like I'm seeing something that happened a long while ago or maybe in a dream, but then again this explanation could explain it. I mean your mind can do basically anything, it's a really crazy thing that not even experts understand and the general populous is totally ignorant as to how powerful it really is.

Comment

Last night when i went to sleep... i had my cell phone on my nightstand.. I was asleep fro about an hour when my cell phone started to ring.. i was not dreaming of anything, but i thaugt the cell phone ringer (its music) was from in my dreams, i was a mess.. i picked it up after a little while, it took me aout a minute or more to realize who it was and what was going on.. lol.. but i think i had a LOT on my mind, and that may have contributed to my lost state ofmind..
                  I once was having a dream with this kinda crazy medieval type music running through it, which was really weird and different for my dreams. Well it was pretty cool and nice though, and then I woke up right after it and it turns out the tv had been left on and there was a show with that same kind of music on it. So it seems the music from the tv got into my dream. What's also weird is I had forgotten about that for a year or so until this post reminded me of it- dreams are a lot like that, you forget it as soon as you wake up but occasionally it comes back random. So our brains must shove it away somewhere deep where we never think about it but it randomly comes out occasionally. Imagine how much stuff our brain stores for a long time that we never think of or bring out- but its still there as evident by when you remember something random like a dream you hadn't thought of for a long time.

Comment

I once had a dream where i got a call from a friend and went to help, it was an emergency so the only thing somehow i found for transportation was my dirt bike.. i rode it like a mad man, outrunning cops and such.. anywho.. to make it short.. it was fun!!.. and dreams do indeed effect you physically.. cause when i woke up my adrenaline was pumping, and i felt tired.. there have been many times i wake up from dreams when im sweating from the activity in the dream.. and so on... Yes the human mind is amazingly complex, after all it evolved from monkeys right? HAHA.. sorry.. i had to add that in.. it sounds to stupid to me.. lol.

Comment

Yes the human mind is amazingly complex, after all it evolved from monkeys right? HAHA.. sorry.. i had to add that in.. it sounds to stupid to me.. lol.
                      It didn't evolve from monkies, but instead monkies and humans share common ancestors. There's a big difference between a gorilla deciding to become human and a common ancestor splitting off into monkies, gorillas, humans, etc. over millions of years.

Comment

Working...
                      X