Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Betrayal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betrayal

Let's say in the near future, some closer than others, you finally find your significant other. You get married, the kids are on their way (well, if you want to breed, that is), and everything seems to be perfect. Then...dun, dun, dun...tragedy strikes and your life turns into xxxx. Why? Your soul mate decides that s/he needs a new kick in his/her life...s/he cheats...

So...which is worse for you (and you HAVE to pick one)...emotional or physical betrayal? Why?

Now, don't go all saying that you'd never forgive either choice. This is just a matter of what is more important to you. So pick the worst one of the two, and pour your heart out.

definitely Emotional...
    when the person in love with me decides to go out and have casual sex one day...I'd probably weep but I think it's fixable, since we're human... we make mistakes...
    but when the person "in love with me" falls in love with someone else (which I"m guessing is the emotional cheaeting) that's not even a mistake... that's just the end of it... they don't have feelings for me anymore...

Comment

Re: Betrayal

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs
      Let's say in the near future, some closer than others, you finally find your significant other. You get married, the kids are on their way (well, if you want to breed, that is), and everything seems to be perfect. Then...dun, dun, dun...tragedy strikes and your life turns into xxxx. Why? Your soul mate decides that s/he needs a new kick in his/her life...s/he cheats...

So...which is worse for you (and you HAVE to pick one)...emotional or physical betrayal? Why?

Now, don't go all saying that you'd never forgive either choice. This is just a matter of what is more important to you. So pick the worst one of the two, and pour your heart out.
      This was a psychology question posed for a study. I remember that most women answered that they would rather their husbands be physically having an affair with someone, as opposed to emotionally, the men answered vice versa.

As for me, I believe both are important, and I won't lie this is my biggest fear, and as I'm sure everyone in their life questions their soul mate or imagines the unthinkable. We all hang by a thread and that fragile moment we must deal with in sacrificing ourselves to love.

Faithfulness is an admired thing, but nowadays it's not exactly practiced nor preached. Everyone seems to be more about themselves than anyone else. Sacrifice is non existent. This thought is a deep fear I have buried inside, I don't know about you. I've never had a girlfriend so I have no idea what it means to be emotionally attached to someone and if I do, I'm afraid of that gamble, that it will take toll on my soul.

For this reason I avoid anything serious. I probably suffer from paranoia.

Cheating, whether emotional or physical, is in my code of ethics, wrong. One spurns from the other. Where emotion ends, physicality takes over, where physicality begins is back with emotion. Emotion is in the mind, it breeds thought, and though breeds action. Our actions are tied to our character, we act how we are, how were bred to be, and how our characters were set to be by divine providence. Therefore, I PERSONALLY believe that these two are mutual and one stems from the other. You cannot cheat and just call it physical, for it is the emotion within that yurned for the physical.

Anyway, I talk too much and I am pretty buzzed and I believe half of that is rambling.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Both are bad. If I had to choose one, I would say emotional. I am not very emotional now, but I am sure that when I do find some chick worthy of a relationship, I will be emotionally attached, especially in marriage. To betray me, and especially the vows made before God, I take very seriously. I would not take it. I would grab my eight children and leave.
        (We chose to breed...a lot.)

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          Cheating, whether emotional or physical, is in my code of ethics, wrong. One spurns from the other. Where emotion ends, physicality takes over, where physicality begins is back with emotion. Emotion is in the mind, it breeds thought, and though breeds action. Our actions are tied to our character, we act how we are, how were bred to be, and how our characters were set to be by divine providence. Therefore, I PERSONALLY believe that these two are mutual and one stems from the other. You cannot cheat and just call it physical, for it is the emotion within that yurned for the physical.
          Although you are entitled to your personal opinion, so am I...and I disagree. Physical and emotional betrayal do not necessarily go hand in hand. Don't get me wrong...both are ethically wrong and unacceptable. Although they CAN coexist, one has the ability to exist without the other.

Physical betrayal, in my opinion, is the less severe of the two. I'm not saying that I would automatically forgive a physical affair...HELL NO. All I'm saying is that emotional betrayal is FAR worse, as jahannam mentioned.

Whether you agree or disagree, humans are animals. That's a fact. They might be the most dangerous and highly evolved animal on the planet, but they are still vulnerable to many flaws. Therefore, in the heat of passion, one might engage in an act that s/he will later live to regret (physical betrayal). Now, you can't possibly say that sex doesn't exist without love. To claim this is to say prostitution doesn't exist, as a rough example. The truth is, humans do engage in sex on the basis of animal instinct. Whether it's an impulsive thing, or simply being drunk off your ass, physical betrayal can occur without emotional betrayal. Also, physical betrayal can occur in a matter of minutes, and does not need much time to flourish and develop into a serious thing.

Emotional betrayal, on the other hand, takes time. It's not something that happens in an instant. It takes time to take form and is therefore more complex and unacceptable. Like jahannam said, emotional betrayal is the end of it. You've hit rock bottom and have nowhere else to go.

Comment

Very good point and articlated very well. In the question you asked if it was your soul mate, someone whom you are spiritually connected with. Emotional would definetly be the worst. Emotional betrayal is not only betraying the physical person, but betraying a covenant with the almighty. Emotional betrayal involves lies, and because emotional betrayal deals with spirituality, you lie to the soul which is connected with God. Or for those who dont believe, a higher power, or something more special.

Comment

Perhaps I wasn't clear. My point was that emotional and physical betrayal are one in the same thing because it takes a certain amount of emotion for a person to have ( xxxxx ) to resort to the physical. If your spouse cheated on you with another person purely for physical pleasure, that physical pleasure he craved only derived from his emotional side, to satisfy those deep rooted and subconscious emotional yurnings. That was all.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anon...I think you totally changed what you had to say after being attacked by Flames ....
                but I still love u! :twisted:

Comment

How did I change what I said? I'm still saying the same thing, that both are tied in to each other and there is only one form of betrayal. I'm still sticking to the same position. Perhaps if you point out the discrepancy Ill admit.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Anyway, I talk too much and I am pretty buzzed and I believe half of that is rambling.
                    i heartily agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X