Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Cartoons watched as a kid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Dants
    Also, pleaaaase refrain from using the word "normal" instead of "eastern". Makes it sound like I talk an alien dialect.
    But you do Baronik...

Comment

well now that you guys started giving anectdotes i might as well.

My dad was telling me about how when he first came to the US he was doing odd jobs to make some money and he said he was working at this Armenian's house and was tightening a bolt in a garage and the guy he was working for was Western Armenian so when he told the guy that tightening the bolt was breaking the material in between the guy said
      "dzeke". And my dad was like dzekumem dzekum. And the guy kept telling him dzeke dzeke chess haskana. And my dad was like ay anasoon dzekumem kez asumem jartvuma, and so on and so on for about another 30 seconds. so yes there are some miscommunications and they can be hilarious as in this case.

By the way Dzeke means leave it alone in western Armenian and in Eastern Armenian it means to tighten.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
        well now that you guys started giving anectdotes i might as well.

My dad was telling me about how when he first came to the US he was doing odd jobs to make some money and he said he was working at this Armenian's house and was tightening a bolt in a garage and the guy he was working for was Western Armenian so when he told the guy that tightening the bolt was breaking the material in between the guy said
        "dzeke". And my dad was like dzekumem dzekum. And the guy kept telling him dzeke dzeke chess haskana. And my dad was like ay anasoon dzekumem kez asumem jartvuma, and so on and so on for about another 30 seconds. so yes there are some miscommunications and they can be hilarious as in this case.

By the way Dzeke means leave it alone in western Armenian and in Eastern Armenian it means to tighten.
        And it's those crazy little stories that make us one big happy family. (I tried to make a barney the dinosaur ending out of the whole thing)

There are still many words in arevelahayeren that I don't know, but a month or 2 in Armenia should fix that. What was weird was that this summer, when I went to Armenia with a Canadian-Armenian group, there were many people who had noooooo idea about what was going on. I played the "translator" for a while, but I eventually found out that it was a lot funnier if I just watched the whole scenario. Once again though, I attribute those cases to laziness, as I don't think that NO UNDERSTANDING WHATSOEVER is possible between arevelahayeren and arevmdahayeren.

Comment

it's laziness and/or being slow 8)
          It's like western Armenian has always been what my schools have taught me... and my whole family speaks western Armenian... and the first time I actually heard someone speak eastern armenian was when I was 18... but I mean... I fully understand it... and I could even pull speaking it often...
          if you guys wanna call this a show off... be my guest!

Comment

What's a show off? :?

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
              it's laziness and/or being slow 8)
              Neither...not everyone is as talanted as you are...

Comment

What is "gor" guys? :?

Comment

I thought this thread was about cartoons.

Comment

oh yeeeeeeaaaaaaahh... cartoons!

like this one

go go gadget ....

next time gadget, next tiiiiiiiime!
                    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

The Adventures of Little Koala on Nick Jr.

If you guys want a helpful website with all the shows and cartoons you used to watch go to this link.

http://yesterdayland.elsewhere.org/popopedia/shows/decades/saturday_1980s.php

This might be a better link.

http://yesterdayland.elsewhere.org/popopedia/shows/categories/saturday/_._.html

It leads to the main place where you have the option to look at various shows from various decades. Hope this helps everyone in their memories and nostalgia.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X