Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Where/How to meet new people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where/How to meet new people?

Do you ever get sick of the people you already know and just wanna go out and meet new people? This happens to me sometimes, and it aint too easy meeting new people for me anyway. So I suppose this thread is about ways to meet new people (for friendship, or possibly even an interest)

1- Meeting people online first

This works sometimes but the problem is, sometimes people can be completely different in person. A good thing about chatting with people online is.... well the person has to at least be able to somewhat operate a computer, and in this case, browse forums.... so that filters out a lot of morons.

2- Randomly going up to someone and saying hey, whats up/ commenting on something like what they're wearing or how they look

This is usually what happens when guys try to meet girls.... "Akhchi allo!!! Anoonut Asa!?!?" or "HeY wUsS yO nAmMe GuRlL" This type of behavior can be observed while cruising in a car or walking around aimlessly on streets trying to scope out the scene.

3- Meeting people at a party

..... what kinda people can you even meet at a party? Lustbuddies? Alcoholics? Druggies? ...the party thing aint for me

4- Meeting people through friends

...Well this kinda defeats the purpose, if you meet someone through a friend its not really a clean fresh start with a new person with no connections anywhere to your past friendships or relationships...

To sum it up: Well maybe I just dont get along with people or im too picky who knows, but I find it hard to meet new people.... what about you guys?

I have an excellent idea for you my neighbor, go here: http://eharmony.com/core/eharmony?cmd=home, they'll help you find the perfect person for you.

Comment

Haha, I was refering to people to hang out with.... friends you know... male or female...

Dating services are mainly suposed to help you find "the love of your life"

I'm mainly interested in making new friends and am curious how other people do it.
      Last edited by IamLegend; 01-23-2005, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IamLegend
        To sum it up: Well maybe I just dont get along with people or im too picky who knows, but I find it hard to meet new people.... what about you guys?
        I agree almost entirely with the way you depicted those situations (though a lot of morons have no trouble finding their way into chat rooms ). I don't think it's being too picky at all. The reason you find it hard to get along with people is because the bar/standards for having substance and quality have dropped off SEVERELY for people over the last few generations, and I don't see it getting better any time soon. I mean, I've tagged along with this person, or that person to parties here in there for whatever reason I got myself into that situation, and I can't believe how many times I've watched a mother at those parties sit there WITH their 15 year old daughter, and get trashed. WTF are you doing??? It's your child. Try being a parent, not a "cool friend". Just because you handle your life problems through getting belligerently drunk, doesn't mean you should start teaching your hardly in puberty children the same. What ever happened to kicking the crap out of your kid if you caught him/her doing such things? Ehhhh....it's a lost cause. I don't even say anything anymore. I used to get into big arguments and go off on tangents with people like that, but I just don't care anymore. I have my small, inner circle group of friends that I can tolerate, and that's about it. The rest of the planet can continue its cycle of voluntarily f*cking itself over.

As for meeting people, there's been a few people I met through work who no longer work there (been on my current job 9 years, now) that I still hang out with. The only people off the net that I've met up with were from car clubs of similar vehicle interests. Otherwise, just the concept of meeting someone off the net bothers me. Don't know why. Have to tell you, though. I find it interesting/refreshing that someone as into metal/music as you are has such selective taste (ie - what kinda people can you even meet at a party? Lustbuddies? Alcoholics? Druggies? ...the party thing aint for me). In any event, the last thing you want to do is drop your standards so that you can "get along" with more people. And that's my $ .43.

Comment

Music is a part of me, but it doesn't define who I am... I have my morals and the more morals you have these days... the less friends you can have **at least around this age** it seems. I don't like what most people do for fun because it's often times selfish and too focused on the present.... no concern for future reperussions for their behavior. It's a bit depressing at times, "friendship" is as replaceable as a flat tire... just toss it away and get a new one. I look at my parents, I look at family friends and I see bonds that have lasted 30-40+ yrs. What about my kids someday? Will they even understand what a family friend is? I wish more younger people considered these things once in a while.

Comment

I choose not to meet new people, because the people here in the city I live in are 100% focused on drinking and sex. There is more to life than that! Well...I think that anyway. So yeah, I stick to my small circle of armenian friends. lol

Comment

sad_eyes, where do you live? Drinking and Sex? Is it really yellowknife?

Comment

Dont any of your old friends suddenly **change** head towards wrong paths.... and just turn into morons? This is what has happened to many of my older "friends" which is why I'm asking to see how people actually do get to make new friends.

Comment

oh, Legend. It happened to me.

I was close with this one guy, but he just left without saying anything, and said he didnt want to be seen around us because we had nothing good to offer.

that is a diss!

So I found out hte best way to get back at him is be friends with his friends and I am eager to have sex with one of the girls he was friends with .

Comment

Why would I want to meet new people? I would like people to go away in general. What's better than an empty gym, no traffic, and no lines at the bank??

Sad Eyes you and me have the same kind of nose by the way

Comment

Working...
                    X