Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Where/How to meet new people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two close girl-friends that I adore...the other ones I have found to be back-stabbing xxxxxs...and based on my recent drama w/a "girlfriend" I won't be making anymore friends with girls anytime soon...but I do see how this may come off as a red flag though...don't get me wrong, I KNOW a lot girls and even hang out with some...but I don't consider them "good friends"

Originally posted by omniscient
    I've always been cautious with girls that do not have any friends that are girls. Those are the type I steer away from. If a girl tells me all her friends are guys then the alarms go off in my head and it tells me that the girl has a lot of problems.

It's like imagine a guy that says all my friends are only girls, I don't have any guy friends, Man that's bad.

Not directed towards you Mags, I'm talking in general since your post brought it up in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient
      I've always been cautious with girls that do not have any friends that are girls. Those are the type I steer away from. If a girl tells me all her friends are guys then the alarms go off in my head and it tells me that the girl has a lot of problems.

Nothing personal Mags, I mean I don't know you... so this is totally not about you. But generally speaking, from personal experience, the girls that tend to only have male friends, have some serious issues. So omniscient, good! stay away from them... they are boy hungry with jealousy issues and more! hahaha

As far as making new friends, option 4 seems to work for me the best! Why would you say it is not a fresh start? so what if your friend knew him/her first. It's a fresh start for the two of you.

Comment

I think I have an equal amount of girl-friends and guy-friends...I said I get along better with guys...not that I have more male friends

I can see where some guys would hesitate to be with a girl with a lot of male friends...but that stems from their own insecurity *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Mags
          I think I have an equal amount of girl-friends and guy-friends...I said I get along better with guys...not that I have more male friends

I can see where some guys would hesitate to be with a girl with a lot of male friends...but that stems from their own insecurity *shrugs*
          I think you totally missed the point Mags, you didn't see everything so clearly I guess. I wasn't talking about the aspect of the guy being jealous because the girl has so many guy friends, that didn't even cross my mind.

There are many problems that I see wrong with the girl having all guy friends and no girlfriends, I've experienced first hand a few years back, these girls have a lot of issues, I don't really want to get into detail right now since I really have to get rest now but maybe I can tell you why later tonight. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about and what kind of problems they might be. But that insecurity thing was funny, hell even if there were guys that were not insecure about it, I would still think it's very wrong that the girl would have so many guy friends at one time while having a boyfriend and I think many would agree with me on that one which is still beside my point. Gonna go sleep now, have a nice day.

Comment

I know exactly what you meant, and I chose to respond with the jealousy factor of the situation because that would be the most obvious

Comment

Hey I've had my experiences with a girl that had more male friends than female. Maybe you're not like the majority Mags, maybe you are one of those exceptions...but from my experiences and the people I've known, if a girl surrounds herself with guys all the time it's a clear sign to stay away. Personally I like being able to tell the difference of a male and female personality wise. Hearing a girl say "I have to take a mean dump" or seeing a girl get wasted drunk every weekend partying with guy friends isnt what I have in mind when talking to girls. Remember this isnt an attack to you, I don't know you and you could very well be an exception.

Comment

legend i like your weeg!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
                  legend i like your weeg!!!
                  ..and I <3 u sweety

Comment

Originally posted by IamLegend
                    ..and I <3 u sweety
                    behave Andre, yes, exactly i know u. U live in Tujunga, U graduated in june 2003 from Verdugo HIlls high School and at that time u had few hair, nowu r wearing a weeg. MUahahahahhahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                      It's good to know that other people have come across this problem. Not good that you have this issue, mind you, just good that I am not alone (along with a few others around here). I always kind of envy people who have remained friends from middle school, high school, used to be neighbors, whatever, because they seem to have these close circles of friends that new people are hardly, if ever, let into... I only talk to one person I went to high school with, and then it’s not very often. I especially envy these people because I feel like I am completely lacking in the Armenian friends and acquaintances department. I have two very close friends from college and both of them are white. I have no close Armenian friends to speak of.
                      Most of my close friends are those that I met in elementary, middle, and high school. I've known both my best friends since 2nd grade and although we go to different schools now we still manage to keep in touch and get together.
                      This thread is interesting b/c when I was younger I always introduced myself to new people at school and thats how most of my friendships grew. Now I'm more reluctant to do that just b/c I dont feel the need of newer friendships. Of course I still want to meet new people, but I keep thinking that too many friends causes you to lose the connection you would have if you had only a small number of friends. I like being in the type of friendship where all my friends are friends with eachother, that way you would never feel bad for spending more time with one group of friends over the other. Another thing is that I have a hard time keeping a friendship with Americans. There are only 3 American girlfriends and 3 American guy friends that I still keep in touch with today. I've always gotten along better with people from different countries (not necessarily Armenians, I actually have only one non-relative Armenian friend).

Comment

Working...
                      X