Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I do feel a tad depressed today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do feel a tad depressed today...

I'm glad I'm not alone. Who else feels like crap?

'I don't like Monday 24 January' Story from BBC NEWS:

Misery is expected to peak on Monday, as 24 January has been pinpointed as the worst day of the year.

January has been long regarded as the darkest of months, but a formula from a part-time tutor at Cardiff University shows it gets even worse this Monday.

Foul weather, debt, fading Christmas memories, failed resolutions and a lack of motivation conspire to depress, Cliff Arnalls found.

GPs say exercise and reading up on depression are ways to beat the blues.

"Yes, we do see lots of people with depression and anxiety in the winter months.

"The message is it's not a terrible disorder, people do get better," Royal College of General Practictioners spokesman Dr Alan Cohen said.

JANUARY BLUES DAY FORMULA
    1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA. Where:
    W: Weather
    D: Debt
    d: Money due in January pay
    T: Time since Christmas
    Q: Time since failed quit attempt
    M: General motivational levels
    NA: The need to take action

"Exercise and bibliotherapy - reading a number of books to allow people to understand their own symptoms and how to control them," were initial treatments, he said.

The formula for the day of misery reads 1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA.

Where W is weather, D is debt - minus the money (d) due on January's pay day - and T is the time since Christmas.

Q is the period since the failure to quit a bad habit, M stands for general motivational levels and NA is the need to take action and do something about it.

Dr Arnalls calculated the effects of cold, wet and dark January weather after the cosiness of Christmas coupled with extra spending in the sales.

He found 24 January was especially dangerous, coming a whole month after Christmas festivities.

Any energy from the holiday had worn off by the third week of January, he said.

By Monday, most people will have fallen off the wagon or abandoned the nicotine patches as they fail to keep New Year's resolutions.

That compounds a sense of failure and knocks confidence needed to get through January.

The fact that the most depressing day fell on a Monday was not planned but a coincidence, he said.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Originally posted by ckBejug
    You're lucky; you only feel like this today.

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient
      You're lucky; you only feel like this today.
      awwwwwwwwww... you're making me feel worse! Now I feel even crappier that you feel crappy a lot.
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

*raises hand*
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I personally feel great. There's so many things I can do today. I need to buy a tire, and return a book for $26 dollars back. But right now I can either play Day of Defeat or Fallout 2. Then I was going to go rock climbing, and do those two things. Maybe even hang out w/ friends later. Currently I'm listening to rap and reading the forums.

Comment

awwwwwwwwww... you're making me feel worse! Now I feel even crappier that you feel crappy a lot.
            Actually today is a bad day because I'm supposed to go to Vegas tomorrow as planned and I got influenza 2 days ago along with a bacterial sinus infection so I have been dying. I am so determined to go that my condition that usually takes weeks to overcome is going to take less than a week, I'll show those little bacteria creatures what I'm made of!

I just ate cereal with a protein shake so I can take my antibiotic. Then I took a Mega Man multivitamin along with a amino acid pill. I also took Claritin, Echinacea, Airborne, and even a dosage of steroids to help boost my testosterone lol, yup I have lost it. In another half hour I'm gonna finish up with a half a Valium and a Vicodin so I can fall asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
              I personally feel great. There's so many things I can do today. I need to buy a tire, and return a book for $26 dollars back. But right now I can either play Day of Defeat or Fallout 2. Then I was going to go rock climbing, and do those two things. Maybe even hang out w/ friends later. Currently I'm listening to rap and reading the forums.
              Sad people don't want to hear about how you aren't sad! Hehe.
              I suspect I'd be in a better mood if I had to decide what game I'm going to play rather than what project I should try and get done first at work.
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I don't feel crappy today, it's just a regular monday for me. But it's funny, it said more depression and anxiety are seen in the winter months... I have a friend in Canada and was talkin to her last week... in winter, they have a week off from school just to read, called "reading week". She said more university students commit suicide in that one week than any other week in the year! Scary...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
                  Oh, fiiiine then! Pshhh, grumble grumble. Some of us actually have to, ugh, work for a living, and can't spend a day returning things and playing video games. lol. Enjoy your day!

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
                    I don't feel crappy today, it's just a regular monday for me. But it's funny, it said more depression and anxiety are seen in the winter months... I have a friend in Canada and was talkin to her last week... in winter, they have a week off from school just to read, called "reading week". She said more university students commit suicide in that one week than any other week in the year! Scary...
                    Damn! What kind of sad books are they reading?! lol. Poor kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X