Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sexual Network Of An Entire High School Mapped Over 18 Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual Network Of An Entire High School Mapped Over 18 Months

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/chains.htm

COLUMBUS, Ohio – For the first time, sociologists have mapped the romantic and sexual relationships of an entire high school over 18 months, providing evidence that these adolescent networks may be structured differently than researchers previously thought.

The results showed that, unlike many adult networks, there was no core group of very sexually active people at the high school. There were not many students who had many partners and who provided links to the rest of the community.

Instead, the romantic and sexual network at the school created long chains of connections that spread out through the community, with few places where students directly shared the same partners with each other. But they were indirectly linked, partner to partner to partner. One component of the network linked 288 students – more than half of those who were romantically active at the school – in one long chain. (See figure for a representation of the network.)

...etc...
    Here's the chart:
    Achkerov kute.

Does romantically active mean sexually active as well? Lookit that circle!! Does this mean that 288 students basically had sex with eachother through all the connections? Woah.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
      Does romantically active mean sexually active as well? Lookit that circle!! Does this mean that 288 students basically had sex with eachother through all the connections? Woah.
      Did you read the article?

I found a bisexual.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        Did you read the article?

I found a bisexual.
        I read the article now. Damn one guy went out with nine different girls. Whata man wh0re!! The bisexual girls dated the same guy, at different times?

tsk tsk, naughty highschoolers.

I would love to see how circular and twisted and knotted this same study would have looked had it been done in a bigger school without just a mainly white population.

James Moody looks like a big geek.
        Last edited by ckBejug; 01-31-2005, 06:32 PM.
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
          I read the article now. Damn one girl went out with nine different guys. The bisexual girls dated the same guy, at different times?

tsk tsk, naughty highschoolers.

I would love to see how circular and twisted and knotted this same study would have looked had it been done in a bigger school without just a mainly white population.

James Moody looks like a big geek.
          Yea I spotted the bisexual dude on the chart actually, toward the top. You can see two blue dots connecting each other. It's pretty funny.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

So who in that list sleeps around the most?

As near as I can tell without enlarging the chart there's one guy who's slept with 9 different girls, and one girl who was with 6 guys.

In a 6 month period. That's pretty slu-ty on both their parts.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              Yea I spotted the bisexual dude on the chart actually, toward the top. You can see two blue dots connecting each other. It's pretty funny.
              Actually, on the upper right hand side, the two little groups, the one on the left has two girls in it who are connected.

I don't see the two guys, except for the one where the two dots are touching, I think because of lack of space.

Comment

How was this information obtained? I find it hard to believe something like this can be done accuratly.

I think there were more than a few guys that went through the roster and said:

Did her
                Banged her
                Did her
                Oh yeah her too

That doesn't mean any of that is true. Girls would skew the data in the other direction. If all they used was interviews, this thing is unreliable. A novel concept though.

Comment

There is at least one bi girl too, on the right. Maybe they are still finding themselves. lol

Funny

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
                    There is at least one bi girl too, on the right. Maybe they are still finding themselves. lol

Funny
                    Most women don't end up finding themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X