Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

a poll about us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a poll about us...

who in your home does most of the GENERAL cooking, cleaning, etc... ?
    Mother (or women of the household)
    70.00%
    Father (or men of the household)
    10.00%
    I DO IT! they treat me like a slave
    20.00%
    Last edited by nunechka; 03-02-2005, 10:44 AM.

I live on my own, but I always visit my mothers and fathers everyday. I do the cleaning there for them and cook for them whenever I can. My father....well, he is the man of the house, why should he cook and clean? My brother is also male, so that is out of the question, as well as the fact that he is rarely home...the troublemaker, anyway, and my mother well....she is still recovering from her cancer treatments, she cant do things like she used too. Anyway, sometimes my father or my mother will cook, but in general I will when I visit nearly everyday.

Comment

My mom and I live alone at the moment, and she does the cleaning and laundry because I refuse although I do my share of cooking.

When we lived with my father, my mom did everything with the help of my grandmothers.

When we lived with my grandmother, my grandmother did almost everything.

When we lived with my mother's second husband, he did almost everything and she worked.

Im moving out to a dorm next year and will have to do chores on my own, although I plan to take my laundry home and have my mom do it so I dont have to use a public washing machine.

I guess we havent had enough stability to establish a real pattern.

Comment

there is a pattern and it is more then prevalent... its the women in general... 3 out of 4 living situations women did the work around the house...

Comment

I do it in my house ... and I'm no one's slave since I live alone.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

My mom usually does the cooking..sometimes my sister if she wants to try something new...I cant cook..so that isnt my department. However, I do clean. I am actually a neat/clean freak and am ashamed to admit it but there have been times where I get into the mood of cleaning that I stay up late into the night cleaning ..hehehehe.

My dad doesnt clean or cook..yet he always feels the need to tell us how to do things and whats wrong with what we do (he does however handle the grill...I give him that much credit )

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
              there is a pattern and it is more then prevalent... its the women in general... 3 out of 4 living situations women did the work around the house...
              I didnt consider that to be a real pattern. My mother is not a traditional Armenian woman. I have a hard time seeing her in such a pattern.

Inna, come to my house! I have a bedroom and bathroom to clean. Feel free. You will always be welcomed here!

Comment

i guess i just took your examples, and took the male woman ratio and came to a conclusion that 3 out of 4 different scenarios you described women were the ones doing that work.

and why is it that when THE MAN handles the grill, its some BIG deal... my dad is the same way INNA... but i dont understand why we look at the grill like its some BIG DEAL. it isnt that big a deal. i have used a grill too. i made kabob and khorvats, and i made the veggies, then i chopped them up... YUM! YUM! but i also made DOLMA! and stuffed vegetables, etc... i think its harder to cook without a grill... because with a grill it is easier to clean up... you dont need to clean the dish (the grill) after you are done, just let the fire burn off the bacteria... i guess we wash the SHISHER, but thats it man...

I dont know, but i dont get it for the life of me... it isnt that big a deal... and anyone can use a grill...

Comment

Hell yeah! Especially the Georgie machine!!! I live off mine. Steaks, chicken, you name it. Some McCormicks seasoning, and 4-5 minutes, presto! Eat your heart out, Magnum's!

Anyways.....I've lived on my own since I was 20, and I don't mean the BS college students idea of alone; roommates (because the thought of having to share with someone else's lifestyle is intolerable to me) with the financial aid of mom and dad whenever the need for some "help" arises. I mean 100% on my own. I gladly accepted the additional tedious chores in exchange for the freedom of doing whatever I want, whenever I want, and knowing I don't owe anyone anything for it.

Comment

I live alone as well, but my dad has always to some extent helped my mom with household chores. Especially after she died a few years ago, my dad had no trouble taking over shopping, cooking, cleaning and all that. He still does it. He comes over to my house and starts cleaning up!
                    At his own house, I have to pull him away from the sink, or he'll be doing dishes all night.
                    My brother has sort of taken after my dad. He cleans and cooks, usually together with his girlfriend, but sometimes alone, esp. when she's not around.

Comment

Working...
                    X