Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Animal cruelty-- for fur (Warning:Graphic Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, anyone has his/her definition of luxury. For my part, I don't really call it luxury wearing what our ancestors used to wear hundred thousand years ago when they needed to catch an animal, skin it alive with bare hands and finally wear that....material ...

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
      Don't project your petty little jelousies on me mouse. I did, after all, go to the University of Spolied Children. To be jealous there needs to be something someone else has that is unattainable to you that you desire. I choose not be in the market for animal fur. Woe is you.

Tough luck. I suppose you can say that for people who are murdered because people want to take their money or steal something they own, right? Tough luck, they had something someone else wanted. The animals have fur, people want that fur, tough luck for the animals. *shrug* That kind of attitude is just so frustrating I don't even know how to respond to it!

As for market demand, just because there is a demand for it doesn't mean I can't look down on the vile disgusting excuses for human beings who wear furs. I can, and I do. I also look down on people who act as though common human decency and protection of things that cannot speak for themselves are secondary to what the market demands. But people want fur! Let's give it to them then! It's true, money rules the world, it also rules people and I pity people who are so ruled by money, the 'market', the need to make more money, keep more money, and follow everyone else in the pursuit of money and in doing so miss out on what it actually means to be living.

Enough lectures though, it's not as though I am trying to change anyone's mind. I already have my own convictions and 'popular' or not they're mine to stand by, not something I am following because everyone else is.

As Tibor Machan once wrote,

"Given this, how can we seriously entertain the idea that animals have rights like human beings do? If this were true, all the inter-species brutality in the animal world would have to be construed as out and out criminal. But, quite sensibly, it isn’t. Why so? The reason is that animals operate as their instincts dictate, and in many cases instincts dictate that animals kill their own kind. Fish often eat their young, as do lions when they are impelled to do so by their genetic disposition, presumably to rid their pride of bastard offspring.

Why, on the other hand, do human beings get prosecuted if they engage in similar conduct? Why is it brutal, barbaric – and should be criminal – to kill children for fun, profit or even survival? The reason is that human beings are fundamentally different from their animal kin in the wild. They have the capacity to make choices, they possess free will and have the responsibility to act ethically and respect the rights of other human beings. Why? So these others can carry out their morality responsibilities on their own initiative. Human beings, in short, are free and morally responsible. And it is this fact that gives rise to their having basic rights that others ought to respect and they may protect with force and law. These rights carve out a kind of fence – or sphere of personal authority – around persons, something they all require in order to carry on in a dignified manner when in one another’s company."

There are many ways human beings can be guilty of mistreating animals. Perhaps even the law should make some provisions to ensure that wanton torture and mistreatment of animals are minimized. But this is not because animals have rights, which they cannot have given their nature as instinctually driven beasts instead of moral agents. Talking, therefore, about animal rights is a confusion and misguides our thinking about our proper relationship with the rest of the animal world.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        As Tibor Machan once wrote,
        etc etc etc using someone elses words
        Tibor Machan, when was the last time an animal ripped off another animals skin and wore its hair as a pretty covering?

Yeah, I thought so.
        Last edited by ckBejug; 04-13-2005, 02:05 PM.
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Tibor Machan, when was the last time an animal ripped off another animals skin and wore its hair as a pretty covering?

Yeah, I thought so.
          You can get emotional all you want about that, the man has a point, and one which you cannot but ignore.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            You can get emotional all you want about that, the man has a point, and one which you cannot but ignore.
            It's funny that you have the tendency to belittle comments made by others, however strong or weak they may be, by claiming that they are being 'emotional.' Is that just to make yourself feel better for lack of a better response?

Furthermore:

The reason is that human beings are fundamentally different from their animal kin in the wild. They have the capacity to make choices, they possess free will and have the responsibility to act ethically and respect the rights of other human beings. Why? So these others can carry out their morality responsibilities on their own initiative.

Who is to say that hunting for fur and the 'accepted' practices of ridding animals of their fur in order to make clothing is moral and ethical? Who decides these things? I think that it is immoral and unethical to hurt another living thing. We have to respect the rights of other human beings, we should also have to respect that we're not the only living things on this planet and we have certain freedoms, it's true, to use from nature, plants and animals, what is necessary for our survival. Beyond that, torturing animals for our own luxury, that is unacceptable in my point of view. Of course, as with all things, I think we should just agree to disagree. If hell does exist though, conscience intact I will wish upon those who hurt animals like that to have their own skin ripped off a few times a day, just so they can know what it feels like.

By the way, do you have any pets mousey? A dog perhaps? I think I feel like a dog-fur coat and I'd like it to be from your dog.
            The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

It's funny that you have the tendency to belittle comments made by others, however strong or weak they may be, by claiming that they are being 'emotional.' Is that just to make yourself feel better for lack of a better response?

Furthermore:

The reason is that human beings are fundamentally different from their animal kin in the wild. They have the capacity to make choices, they possess free will and have the responsibility to act ethically and respect the rights of other human beings. Why? So these others can carry out their morality responsibilities on their own initiative.

Who is to say that hunting for fur and the 'accepted' practices of ridding animals of their fur in order to make clothing is moral and ethical? Who decides these things? I think that it is immoral and unethical to hurt another living thing. We have to respect the rights of other human beings, we should also have to respect that we're not the only living things on this planet and we have certain freedoms, it's true, to use from nature, plants and animals, what is necessary for our survival. Beyond that, torturing animals for our own luxury, that is unacceptable in my point of view. Of course, as with all things, I think we should just agree to disagree. If hell does exist though, conscience intact I will wish upon those who hurt animals like that to have their own skin ripped off a few times a day, just so they can know what it feels like.

By the way, do you have any pets mousey? A dog perhaps? I think I feel like a dog-fur coat and I'd like it to be from your dog.

I wasn't trying to belittle your comment, but only stating the obvious. You don't have to like that. But then again, you shouldn't perceive it as such. I never said I like wearing animal fur, nor do I personally condone such practices, but who am I to tell others what they can or can't do, and not to mention that there is a market for this worldwide. Oh those poor animals, so what? So we have to respect all the rights of all living things? Even insects? What if I accidentally step on one, or kill a fly? What if I run over a cat if it is running across the street as I drive, I guess I am violating animal rights. Oh please, this mentality sounds silly. As far as pets, I've had pets before, what is your point? I've had a hamster and a xxxxateil.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

dude f*ck her. she has no soul. i say a gang hunts down her and skins her, we will make a greay J-Lo coat, then burn it.

Comment

Animal Fur

Well I was wondering if you guys think whether wearing animal fur is right or not. I just saw this video of men taking the fur off animals and it just amazes me how people could live with themselves after doing something like that.

Anyways here's the link if anyone wants to see.

Comment

Working...
                  X