Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

For The Love Of Monet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Love Of Monet

This thread is experimental. It is meant to be a workshop, a gallery, a lounge: a space where Multimedia Collages are viewed while interactively created.

The collages are created using different media such as visual artifacts, music - or other audio material - and text.
    The idea is to "paste over" - or associate to - the content of a post another material. Needless to say that the association is subjective and based on what a content inspires us.

The different posts are meant to be independent statements that - together - will hopefully create a virtual object, the collage. Please refrain from commenting the content of a post and/or replying to a text. Instead, post another content - visual, audio or textual - that suggests a different view or perspective.
    If nothing in the thread inspires you, then make a statement - no matter the medium - that may inspire others.
    Much like the "Ankap Thread," the goal is not to debate or clarify issues; the goal is to intermix and interleave - apparently - disparate material and content.

Monet is not one of my favorite painters, but his painting - Impression - inspired the name of a movement and school of painting that had an enormous impact on the techniques and themes used in that art and laid the foundations of Modern Art.

Before you leave, please, take the time to listen to the Impressionist paintings collectors' anthem For The Love Of Money

Thank you for your participation!
    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

I would love to participate if I knew how to stream music.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Interesting idea though, I must hand it to the Siamanto. I rhymed.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Claude Monet

Claude Monet

Impression: Soleil Levant (Impression,Sunrise),1873

Boulevard des Capucines,1873

The Floating Ice,1880

Gladioli

Sunset In Venice

San Giorgio Maggiore at Twilight

The Red Kerchief: Portrait of Camille Monet - probably late 1860s - early 1870s

Last edited by Siamanto; 05-01-2005, 01:21 AM.
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Claude Monet

Bathing at La Grenouillere -1869

Fishing Boats Leaving the Harbor, Le Havre -1874

Interior, after Dinner, 1868/1869

The Thames at Westminster - 1871

The Floating Ice - 1880

Last edited by Siamanto; 05-01-2005, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Modigliani

Amedeo Modiglian

Amedeo Modigliani. Beatris Hastings. 1915. Oil on canvas. 81 x 54 cm. Private collection.

Amedeo Modigliani. Monsieur Lepoutre. 1916. Oil on canvas. 92 x 65 cm. Private collection.

Amedeo Modigliani. Madame Zborowska on a Sofa. 1917. Oil on canvas. 130 x 81 cm. The Museum of Modern Arts, New York, NY, USA.

Amedeo Modigliani. Portrait of Elena Pavlowski. 1917. Oil on canvas. 64.8 x 48.9 cm . The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC, USA.

Amedeo Modigliani. Woman with Read Hair. 1917. Oil on canvas. 92.1 x 60.7 cm. The National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, USA.

Amedeo Modigliani. Seated Nude. 1917. Oil on canvas. 73 x 116 cm. Koninklijk Museum voor Schone Kunsten, Antwerp, Belgium.

Amedeo Modigliani. Portrait of Jeanne Hébuterne (1898 -1920), Common-Law Wife of Amedeo Modigliani. 1919. Oil on canvas. 55 x 38 cm. Private collection.

Amedeo Modigliani. Young Girl. 1918. Oil on canvas. 92 x 60 cm. Musée Picasso, Paris, France.

Comment

Modigliani

Amedeo Modiglian

Amedeo Modigliani. Seated Boy with Cap. 1918. Oil on canvas. 100 x 65 cm. Private collection.

Amedeo Modigliani. Portrait of Jeanne Hébuterne (1898 -1920), Common-Law Wife of Amedeo Modigliani. 1918. Oil on canvas. 92 x 60 cm. Private collection.

Amedeo Modigliani. Portrait of Jeanne Hébuterne in Profile. 1918. Oil on canvas. 100 x 65 cm. Private collection.

Amedeo Modigliani. Portrait of Jeanne Hébuterne (1898 -1920), Common-Law Wife of Amedeo Modigliani. 1919. Oil on canvas. 55 x 38 cm. Private collection.

Amedeo Modigliani. Jeanne Hébuterne in a Yellow Sweater. 1918/19. Oil on canvas. 100 x 64.7 cm. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY, USA.

Amedeo Modigliani. Jeune fille au corsage a pois. 1919. Oil on canvas. Barnes Foundation, Lincoln University, Merion, PA, USA.

Amedeo Modigliani. Reclining Nude (Le Grande Nu). c. 1919. Oil on canvas. 72.4 x 116.5 cm. The Museum of Modern Arts, New York, NY, USA.

Last edited by Siamanto; 05-01-2005, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Paul Klee

Paul Klee

Bust of a Child 1933

Mask of Fear 1932

Ceramic Mystic 1925

New Harmony 1936

Insula Dulcamara, 1938

L'arrivee Du Marie 1977

Harvest of Lemons

Oriental Garden

Park of Idols, 1939

Southern Gardens, 1919

Comment

Paul Klee

Paul Klee

Ohne titel

Red and White Domes

Landscape with Black Columns

Garten in PH, 1925

Architektur, 1923

Incendio Sotto la Luna Piena

Girl with a Flag

Garten im Orient, 1937

The Niesen

Last edited by Siamanto; 05-01-2005, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Interesting idea though, I must hand it to the Siamanto. I rhymed.
                    Oh! Kiddy Rhymes!
                    Screaming funky rhymes!
                    Old Mother Hubbard
                    Nursery Rhyme Medley
                    Nursery Rhyme

Comment

Working...
                    X