Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ankap

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
    Idk. everything me and my brother ate, other people had also eaten, the only difference appears to be the quantity, me and my brother ate more than the others. Idk, maybe it's a stomach virus and not food poisoning, I'll head to the doctor when the symptoms lessen
    So apparently there's no stomach virus/flu. I looked it up last month when I was sick. It's likely something you ate or someone transferred it to you but it's basically the same. Unless the vomiting doesn't subside in 24 hours and the diarrhea up to 48 hrs or you are showing signs of dehydration (which would be the case if those didn't stop), you don't need to go to the doctor. Stick to Pedialyte/Gatorade as soon as you can hold down liquids. Remember tiny sips spread out over longer period of time (every minute/couple minutes, etc). When you think you might be able to handle food eat bland foods and do BRAT diet (Bananas, plain no-oil rice, applesauce, and toast) for a day or two.

Some people are more sensitive than others. I, for instance, will be the first one to get sick if the food is even remotely bad. The quantity you ate would also explain that.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I was in the hospital a few months ago for this. I can't even drink Gatorade anymore, it reminds me of those days.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
        I was in the hospital a few months ago for this. I can't even drink Gatorade anymore, it reminds me of those days.
        Yeah, associations can be a biatch. It's particularly powerful with foods that make us sick. Good adaptive value though.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

Has anybody applied for a handleful of jobs or internships, only to be contacted by one who is really interested... then after carefully examining their website, you realize you weren't really that interested?

Eh.

Comment

Has anybody applied for a handleful of jobs or internships, only to be contacted by one who is really interested... then after carefully examining their website, you realize you weren't really that interested?

Eh.
            Ha... if they're giving you some time to accept then wait and see if you get a better offer. But you really shouldn't have applied if you weren't interested. It's a waste of their time and yours.

Comment

It's an unpaid internship. I usually never get an e-mail back because there are hundreds of other applicants for these jobs. They're taking themselves too seriously for an unpaid internship that's supposed to last until June (resume, reference list, interview). By the time this process is over, ther internship date will be over as well.

I can and will do the job, it's no big deal. I'm not wasting their time, I don't mind working. It just seems less interesting now.

Comment

It's an unpaid internship. I usually never get an e-mail back because there are hundreds of other applicants for these jobs. They're taking themselves too seriously for an unpaid internship that's supposed to last until June (resume, reference list, interview). By the time this process is over, ther internship date will be over as well.

I can and will do the job, it's no big deal. I'm not wasting their time, I don't mind working. It just seems less interesting now.
                B/c you have to give them a resume and references? Don't you have that ready to go?

Comment

The HR person(s) who are conducting the interviews and looking over resumes are basically trying to justify their existence. That's pretty much what they get paid to do so that's why they take it so seriously. Or else they could be replaced by a baseball cap and some names on strips of paper. If you think the job might be something useful to put on your resume and even if you think its lame, then you should pursue it just for the sake of having another blurb to put on your resume. Its a dog eat dog world out there... some companies are just conducting interviews to keep their HR people busy and filing resumes away for the future since the job market is weak right now. Best of luck, don't expect to find everything you expected... most of the good jobs are taken
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    The HR person(s) who are conducting the interviews and looking over resumes are basically trying to justify their existence. That's pretty much what they get paid to do so that's why they take it so seriously. Or else they could be replaced by a baseball cap and some names on strips of paper. If you think the job might be something useful to put on your resume and even if you think its lame, then you should pursue it just for the sake of having another blurb to put on your resume. Its a dog eat dog world out there... some companies are just conducting interviews to keep their HR people busy and filing resumes away for the future since the job market is weak right now. Best of luck, don't expect to find everything you expected... most of the good jobs are taken
                    It's a film distribution with an office of two. Come on, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                      B/c you have to give them a resume and references? Don't you have that ready to go?
                      I make changes according to each job. That's not the point! The point is they're taking themselves too seriously. I drove myself crazy last year, applying to different internships, and ended up finding out it's a bunch of college kids working out of a house.

Comment

Working...
                      X