Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use a good chocolate chip cookie right now.

Comment

• The rampant overuse of the word 'cookie' in this place is slightly disturbing and ever so funny to me, especially because it is the boys who are calling their lovely girl friends 'cookie'.

I bet you want to know why?

'Cookie' is the name of my DOG...

I keep imagining my Rottweiler every time one of you says cookie.
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• c00k13z w1|| r0x0r j00r b0x0rz.

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug
          The rampant overuse of the word 'cookie' in this place is slightly disturbing and ever so funny to me, especially because it is the boys who are calling their lovely girl friends 'cookie'.

I just use cookie for Anons sake so he can relate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug
            The rampant overuse of the word 'cookie' in this place is slightly disturbing and ever so funny to me, especially because it is the boys who are calling their lovely girl friends 'cookie'.

Actually I was the only one who used it, until the others started to mimic me, not that they call their girlfriends cookie.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

• I was walking at night in downtown Salt Lake City, arguably the whitest major city in US, and as I came up to the intersection, guess what was blaring fro some dude's car: "Halel em, Halel em" by Tata, which is my fav. song by him. What are the freagin chances that I would run into prob the only Armo in Utah playing my fav song. Nways, I started screaming "Ape, Hayes?" and I think I scared a large number of poor mormons, who surely had never encountered a crazed Armo before. The dude didn't hear me though. Funny xxxx ha?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
                Actually I was the only one who used it, until the others started to mimic me, not that they call their girlfriends cookie.
                Either way, it's still the name of my dog.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Apparently old old 'journal' entries from my AC page are still in existence, even though I deleted my account over a year ago. It's strange to read things I wrote so long ago. Almost don't remember them at all......

"Be Prepared," advises that old boy scout adage: bring rope, matches, bail money. According to my dad... WD-40 to make things go and duct tape to make them stop and stay. That's all you need in life.

Alice in Wonderland

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." The Cat only grinned when it saw Alice. It looked good-natured, she thought. Still it had very long claws and a great many teeth, so she felt that it ought to be treated with respect.

"Cheshire Puss," she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name, however, it only grinned a little wider. 'Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on. "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. "I don't much care where--" said Alice. "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat. "--so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

Summer Rain

Take a walk with me along the beach. It is twilight. Sunset has come and gone. It is the twilight of a sweltering day. The sun melted into the ocean and left across the sky a brilliant smatter of colors that words could never do justice to describe. Sit with me here. Talk to me above the sounds of the crashing waves and lonely cries of gulls and ships in the distance... Reminisce about yesterday and share my dreams for tomorrow. Hold my hand and walk with me as the warm Summer rain splashes like little fluttering fairy wings against our cheeks, falls down upon our heads, and makes our bodies glisten in the moonight. Tonight is magic. The whole world contained in a single glance when we look at one another. Worries disappear, problems are no longer. Tonight is ours to share underneath the Summer rain........ What will we do with it?

Comment

• If I won the lottery I would use part of the money to go back to school and practice (if it is possible to do such a thing) creative writing and abstract writing and just writing writing writing. All this 'writing for the scientist' has dulled my creative senses. If it were possible to miss words and the way they used to flow easily from mind to pen to paper, then I would say I miss words terribly. I do.

Comment

• How much is the Super Lotto or Mega Millions at right now?

Comment

Working...
                      X