Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Devil's Rejects worth seeing? I heard mixed reviews from several people.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Liked it very much. It was better and more mature than House... for sure.

The dialogue was truly entertaining. The entire flick is full of witty remarks and jokes or twisted and effective monologues or off-the-wall expressions and well-crafted conversation that draws out character's so well. I can imagine getting that DVD and it becoming a quotefest that never grows old. Rob Zombie must be quite interesting as a personality to be able to come up with stuff like that and so much of it. I would go as far as comparing it to Tarantino's dialogue -- comparable wordy wit.

But it's not only the dialogue. The way it was shot did not have that amateurish feel to it that its predecessor had. The scene compositions were well thought out with real quality imagery. There's some imagery that really sticks in ones head. Good stuff. The special effects were also very good. The gore was well-done and did make you uncomfortable at times, like the road kill part and whatever lead up to it. Fantastic!

It is worth it, if you haven't already, to sit through the first one so you can see this one. It is not disappointing. It is not your typical Hollywood movie. It is a surprise because it doesn't feel like a movie made by the singer of a metal band who wanted to use his musical success to fund other useless self-indulgent projects. I enjoyed the first one because of its ridiculousness. This is different. It's not cinematic genius but it's quite good.

Comment

• 2046 is the same characters from In the Mood for Love but in the future?

My most anticipated films are that as well as Broken Flowers, A History of Violence, The Constant Gardener, Art School Confidential, and The Corpse Bride. I'm sure there are more, but I'm looking forward to those.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomServo
          2046 is the same characters from In the Mood for Love but in the future?

My most anticipated films are that as well as Broken Flowers, A History of Violence, The Constant Gardener, Art School Confidential, and The Corpse Bride. I'm sure there are more, but I'm looking forward to those.
          Supposed to be a stand-alone movie with the same characters.

I'm not interested in The Constant Gardner and I don't like Zwigoff. But I'm also excited for the others, along with Where the Truth Lies, The Brand Upon the Brain!, and The Brother's Grimm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stark Evade
            Supposed to be a stand-alone movie with the same characters.

I'm not interested in The Constant Gardner and I don't like Zwigoff. But I'm also excited for the others, along with Where the Truth Lies, The Brand Upon the Brain!, and The Brother's Grimm.
            Hahaha, I was hoping that Where the Truth Lies would take the Golden Palm. Didn't happen. The Dardenne brothers got it instead. I haven't seen Rosetta (which got them the prize in 1999) but many people say that it was a undeserving winner.

Comment

• I was hoping that it would just get some recognition by neither that nor History of Violence did.

It is a very good movie for sure but I am tempted to say that Almodovar's film
              was better. I don't know the others that were in the competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stark Evade
                I was hoping that it would just get some recognition by neither that nor History of Violence did.

It is a very good movie for sure but I am tempted to say that Almodovar's film
                was better. I don't know the others that were in the competition.
                Can't you see why it didn't get recognition? Fatih Akin was on the jury.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomServo
                  Yeah I threw this fettucini alfredo away. It was gross. I guess it's pizza pizza time.

How was the pizza??? and where is my joke????

Comment

• Originally posted by Crissy
                    How was the pizza??? and where is my joke????
                    Never got to the pizza. Skipped lunch today.

I don't feel like telling the joke right now.

Comment

• What if taking a shyt was like Tetris. Instead of flushing you just lined up the different shapes of your turd into a row.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X