Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ankap Thread

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    Anahita the crazy caper has cauterized the thread with catatonic convulsions.
    Mouse is high on ‘high culture,’ while sitting in an ‘impeccable,’ agile and slightly ambidextrous and rat-like, yet lovable, creature stance.

(I think you'll hear a reference to that in a radio song in the future, Anonmymouse--maybe dealing with a cat.)
    Last edited by Anahita; 05-01-2006, 12:30 AM.

Comment

I believe in both free speech and free thought. [/B] If I disagree I WILL point that out sometimes, though. Actions are different.

http://lists.wort-fm.org/testsite/stream.shtml

DemocracyNow! streaming (at this moment)

Amy Goodman has already talked about: War, Bush and signing statements, Genocide in Africa, huge environmentalist protest in South America and more (most of the issues I've talked about on this forum>)

If you missed the program, you can listen to the show later at http://www.democracynow.org/streampage.pl

A daily TV/radio news program, hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez, pioneering the largest community media collaboration in the U.S.

Headlines for May 1, 2006

- Millions Expected to Join “A Day Without Immigrants” Protest
      - Three Years Ago: Bush Declared Missions Accomplished in Iraq
      - Report: Cost Of Iraq War To Pass Cost of Vietnam
      - 100,000 Iraqis Forced to Flee Homes Due to Violence
      - Report: Bush Claims Authority To Disobey Over 750 Laws
      - U.S. Gov’t Seeks Dismissal of Domestic Spy Suit Against AT&T
      - FBI Issued Over 9,000 Subpoenas to Monitor U.S. Citizens
      - IAEA Report: Still No Proof Iran is Pursing Nukes
      - Bolivia Signs Trade Pact w/ Cuba and Venezuela
      - Rush Limbaugh Arrested on Prescription Drug Charges
      Last edited by Anahita; 05-01-2006, 10:35 AM.

Comment

There's more to the picture than meets the eye...--Neil Young

"WE'RE gonna give them something they've NEVER SEEN before."

This is one game in THE GAME OF LIFE (Also see the thread in the intellectual lounge.)

I'll feed some of the basics to everyone Many people did not understand at first... I was vague and good things can take some time. Pay close attention to what I post:

For example, the "haircut" cartoons I've posted here are 'jokes with a message' (another example is a pic of Ghandi "another skinhead for peace.") Most important, is the message in the photo, music, or webpage. I've said before, I often speak on many levels.

First, see this thread:

The hardest riddle on net . There is a link to a page of lyrics for Timbuk3, after Mr. Tomservo correctly answered my question... (e.g. those lyrics, "I'm gettin good grades... I'm a peepin tom teckie" and lyrics for "Hairstyles and Attitudes." That is one example of thousands of 'hints' like ... (Not all music is 'for good' in my opinion, so don't pull messages out of just anywhere.)

THIS IS A FUN GAME, WITH LOTS OF PURPOSE

I believe we're going towards world peace and do many other good things by playing and getting more to play! (I told Tomservo that I'm sorry if I? 'painted' him into my 'movie' game and he didn't know? Some others are also in the game, too.)

Originally posted by Anahita
        On the other hand, some issues that I believe are actually preferences are treated as moral issues (and sometimes imposed on others.) A favorite hair style is not a moral issue....[and some morals are treated like hairstyles]"
        at
        http://forum.armenianclub.com/showthread.php?t=6897 (read the whole thread, if you can)

IMAGINE THE PLANNING IT TOOK GOD TO MAKE THIS WORLD PEACE, LOVE AND ECOLOGY "GAME."

If you want to play, you'll get more out of it (and more fun--plus it will blow your mind) if you listen to the radio... (I'm playing with you, too.) Play whenever you want, but also do what you need to do. Lets laugh our way to peace and a better way....

Tell your friends!

MMM (3M) Radio: http://www.madison.com/mmm/

Love, "Anahita" (one of many 'names'--like 'baby.')

PS: You also might want to take notes on a few threads: e.g., Irony of religion, God Father and Mother, Global Warming, and some others. I've said a few things incorrectly earlier (I'll try to remember mention those on the GAME thread.)
        Last edited by Anahita; 05-01-2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED! No kidding.

"WE'RE gonna give them something they've NEVER SEEN before."

THIS IS A FUN GAME, WITH LOTS OF PURPOSE (I believe we're going to work towards creating world peace and much more by playing and getting more to play)! (I told Tomservo that I'm sorry if I? 'painted' him into my 'movie' game and he didn't know? Some others here are also already in the music game, too.)

This is one game in the bigger GAME OF LIFE.

You guys had NO IDEA how important Armenian Club was, did you?

I'll feed some of this to everyone: Many people did not understand at first... I was vague and good things can take some time.

Here are a few hints: Almost every picture (and sometimes even the http:// of the links to get to the pictures or other places) speak 1000 words.

For example, the "haircut" cartoons I posted on Ankap are 'jokes with a message' (another example is a pic of Ghandi "another skinhead for peace.") Most important, is the message in the photo. I've said before, I often speak on many levels.

First, see this thread:

The hardest riddle on net thread. There is a link to a page of lyrics for Timbuk3, after Mr. Tomservo correctly answered my question... (e.g. those lyrics, "I'm gettin good grades... I'm a peepin tom teckie" and lyrics for "Hairstyles and Attitudes." That is one of thousands of things like that I've done here.

Originally posted by Originally Posted by Anahita
          On the other hand, some issues that I believe are actually preferences are treated as moral issues (and sometimes imposed on others.) A favorite hair style is not a moral issue....[and some morals are treated like hairstyles
          "
          at
          http://forum.armenianclub.com/showthread.php?t=6897 (read the whole thread, if you can) As well as "Irony of Religion" and some others.

IMAGINE THE PLANNING IT TOOK GOD TO MAKE THIS WORLD PEACE, LOVE AND ECOLOGY "GAME." It's fun, too.

If you want to play ('work'), you'll get more out of it (and more fun--plus it will blow your mind) if you listen to the radio... (I'm playing with you, too.) Play this game whenever you want, but also do what you need to do. Lets laugh our way to peace, a healthy Planet and MUCH more. A better way for all...

Tell your friends!

Last edited by Anahita; 05-01-2006, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Re: THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED! No kidding.

LOVE YOUR ENEMY (Notice the very different hand gestures of Bush and Bono.)

One man to overthrow... --U2

Let's impeach the president... --Neil Young

Check out THESE lyrics!
            NYA contains the complete archives of Neil Young. The site is designed for a chronological exploration of artist output including music, books, films, & videos. Music is streamed in high-res with Xstream by NYA. A living document, NYA is always being updated with new information, content and news.

Important Photo

Breaking Cincinnati news, traffic, weather and local headlines from The Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper.

There's more to the picture than meets the eye...--Neil Young

If I could change the world-- Eric Clapton

Let us work (in the 'game of life') on making our HOME--EARTH--a better place for ALL living beings, and future generations (and have some fun in the meantime.)

I am both playing and co-creating the game as we go...

So, here we go.
            Last edited by Anahita; 05-01-2006, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I don't really understand.

Comment

Neither do I. As is typical of Anahita and her posting style, yet another thread about nothing. It's always nonsensical and about herself or about nothing or both.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  Neither do I. As is typical of Anahita and her posting style, yet another thread about nothing. It's always nonsensical and about herself or about nothing or both.
                  Thank you ANONYMOUSE!

I'm frusterated
                  Celebrating 10 years of .xyz - over a decade of innovation! We are beginning the countdown to our decade-iversary! Over ten chapters, journey through a decade of innovation with .xyz. From its ambitious inception to quickly becoming a leader in the domain industry, each press release will unveil a year of .xyz’s history, challenges, and

Comment

"Hey, I was just thinking if it DOES rain today, there will literally be a lot of wetbacks." -- Caller on a radio show about those marching in Chicago May Day 2006

Comment

You easily earn the most incoherent poster award.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X