Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ankap Thread

Once there was this girl who wouldn't go and change with the girls in the CHANGE ROOM... --Crash Test Dummies

Some kinds of change are very good for you...

Comment

Jacob Dylan heard a shout out from 'the ghetto.' I do need to 'get out of the hood.' I need help getting out of the hood.

Maybe some of the millions now listening and being 'called' on my radio phone will help me out. More later.

Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play
      Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on, get paid
      (And all that glitters is gold)
      Only shooting stars break the mold

It's a cool place and they say it gets colder
      You're bundled up now but wait 'til you get older
      But the media men beg to differ
      Judging by the hole in the satellite picture

The ice we skate is getting pretty thin
      The waters getting warm so you might as well swim
      My world's on fire how about yours
      That's the way I like it and I never get bored--Smashmouth

Do you want to do your homework?
      Last edited by Anahita; 05-05-2006, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Re: THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED! No kidding.

Greg: [while Abby is dealing tarot cards] Can we just get this over with? Hit me.
        Dharma: [looks at the card] *Death*!
        Greg: Hit me again.
        Abigail Kathleen 'Abby' O'Neil: Now, Dharma, "death" doesn't always mean death. Sometimes it just means a change is coming.
        Greg: Yeah! Like a haircut.
        Dharma: [yells] I didn't dream you died in a fiery haircut!

-------

Dharma: [standing on the roof with a news helicopter overhead] I celebrate nature's awakening from her winter slumber! This is my dance to the spring!

[takes her robe off]

Greg: [watching the news downstairs]
        [yells]

Greg: Dharmaaaaaaaa!
        [runs out]

TV News Reporter: [from the TV] My God, I *love* this job!

-----
        Dharma Gaia
        Last edited by Anahita; 05-05-2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

YAY!!!! No work tomorrow!!! SLEEP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
            YAY!!!! No work tomorrow!!! SLEEP!!!

I was told that people are afraid to post here, now. That is silly. God hears and sees all you do and say. Here is no different. Just try to be respectful. I hope Mr. Tom will post something nice and brilliant...

All of you have already met God. You've met God-in-flesh, face-to-face, too. God can, and does, appear to you in many forms. God was a child looking for mommy in that store. God was that homeless man on the street asking for a dime. God-in-flesh was just born in a home in Africa, where he now faces potential starvation, if we don’t help. God was the rabbit that had been hit by a car, had a broken foot, and was lying frightened in the middle of the road-- while almost every car flew by. That is both literal and metaphor. I’m not joking about that, either. [...no 'image' of...'what do I look like?']

Keep talking. That is good, so long as you are kind. I honor difference in ideas. We can debate. There are many correct answers, but not all answers are correct (see Nihlism thread for more on that.) I mean there is not one single answer, but that doesn't mean that all answers are equally valid or correct.

Also, don't forget AM radio (the wave travel different on AM)

('Cept I kinda like disco, too.)

SPEAK! If you ignore your rights, they'll go away!
            Last edited by Anahita; 05-05-2006, 09:56 PM.

Comment

God/gods/goddesses... what the heck are you afraid of?

Maybe I am God (I AM)

Maybe Tomservo is a god (he is)
              Maybe Sip is a god (he is)
              Maybe Siggie is a goddess (she is)
              Maybe Anonymouse is a god (he is)...

Maybe many people here don't know their divinity (who are)...

Speak up. I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
              Last edited by Anahita; 05-05-2006, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Anonymouse... how could I 'steal' the 'glory' of a thread where everyone is welcome and I've been asked by admin to post...

Ani Defranco. This song (link below) played right after the one by Ani about 'one day you may be starving and eat all the words you just said." When I left here because I was 'gettin stoned' by people who shouldn't throw them....

Read 'Ani's' words...
                You might be surprised.
                Righteous Babe Records and Ani DiFranco's official web site.
                Last edited by Anahita; 05-05-2006, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
                  Anonymouse... how could I 'steal' the 'glory' of a thread where everyone is welcome and I've been asked by admin to post...

Ani Defranco. This song (link below) played right after the one by Ani about 'one day you may be starving and eat all the words you just said." When I left here because I was 'gettin stoned' by people who shouldn't throw them....

Read 'Ani's' words...
                  You might be surprised.
                  http://www.righteousbabe.com/ani/l_self_evident.asp

PENDULUM.

Remember this: I don't like all my eggs in just one basket. If they were, I'd say to the placer, "Hey, where are we going with those eggs? And, what are you doin' in that handbasket?"
                  Last edited by Anahita; 05-05-2006, 10:37 PM.

Comment

A couple of quick corrections to things I said before: Here is different. Here is public.

I can’t hear you… tin roof—rusted”-Love shack, B-52's

I believe you can hear Ani Defranco’s poetry word if you don’t like reading lyrics--this is (for adults only). She is something like a peak of a pendulum swinging in my mind.

Righteous Babe Records and Ani DiFranco's official web site.

The singer of 'Garbage' sings to me. She doesn't speak for me--but does make some points, at times.

"Ever wonder if it's all for you?"--Chili Peppers

Yes, sometimes I do 'wonder' that. I mentioned earlier to Anonymouse that by it being all about me, it is thus about everybody.
                    Last edited by Anahita; 05-06-2006, 07:10 AM.

Comment

When fossil fuels are gone, how will people heat their homes?

When you fly over the US you notice that most of the land is being cultivated—to grow food to feed to animals (that people eat.) What if we started restoring natural ecosystems, like forests, instead on that land. How about we eat vegetarian and organic food (which requires MUCH less land to feed people and will not poison us) and then by the time there is no fossil fuel, we’ll have enough forest to practice sustainable forestry without invading core protected areas.

Please see this
                      Celebrating 10 years of .xyz - over a decade of innovation! We are beginning the countdown to our decade-iversary! Over ten chapters, journey through a decade of innovation with .xyz. From its ambitious inception to quickly becoming a leader in the domain industry, each press release will unveil a year of .xyz’s history, challenges, and

Clean burning wood stoves

NO. You are not 'crazy.' You are blessed... Listen to Little Steven on MMM in about two hours... I think you'll laugh.

As the saying goes: When you talk to God it's called prayer; When God talks to you it's called 'schizophrenia.' Why do you think that modern psychology and pharmaceutical companies label god-blessed people as crazy? Because?.... hmmm.... maybe $ ? In non-industrial countries, many of these people are called the "Holy people."
                      Last edited by Anahita; 05-06-2006, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X