Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ankap Thread - Goal of 2006 - 333 Pages

Yep, we came in 9th (out of 40 teams) because we screwed up...we didn't read the intructions before setting off to solve the puzzles...we both were supposed to be on the pictures taken, but the we only found that out when we were on our 5th challenge, so we had to go back to the first 4 and do it all over...we lost about 1 hour just on that...I'm sure we would have finished within the first 5 teams if it wasn't for that...

But it was helluva fun...(not counting the fact I screwed up my knee)

Comment

ahh, so it was double the fun for your knee then. yikes

I need a new wallet, my old one is ... old.

Here are some things that would make our body less xxxxty.

1. The area between our brain and our skull should be filled with a jellow-like substance that protects the brain during wiplash. Even cheap ass helmets have padding for our heads, why don't our thick skulls. In the future, maybe, we could get Dr. Scholls to create a skull insole, so our brain would be gelllin 24 hours a day.

2. I'm scared of flying in a plane, even though it's filled with all sorts of backup and redundant systems, and yet our bodies only do back-up kidneys and lungs. There's a whole right part of the chest that's being wasted when it can contain an entire back-up heart, which would kick in when the primary one fails.

3. What's with the need to produce pounds of smelly waste by-product every day. Our nervous system is an infinite-state machine, a super-computer of such complexity and yet we rely on such unimaginative technology that is our waste removal system. Didn't the ancient Romans have a plumbing system not much less primitive than the yards of pipes we call our digestive tract. There's gotta be a better system that doesn't require me to accept another man's or woman's (gulp) finger in my rectum when I turn 45 years old.

4. Why doesn't our gene copying mechanism employ some basic error-correction methodology. I mean it's only 4 xxxxing letters, how hard can it be to make sure TGCC doesn't turn to TCGG so you won't have to deal with colon cancer before you turn 20. It's defective and I can't believe there isn't a 30 year warranty on this xxxx.

Well other than that, we're pretty amazing actually, ... unless you take into account the myriad of little annoying defects and annoying xxxxups that we learn to accept from very early on as normal operation.
      Last edited by karoaper; 10-08-2006, 12:47 AM.

Comment

1. We don't have jello, but we have fluid! I think it might need some movement and that's why it's not locked in?

2. I would be willing to be wider to accomodate some back-up organs.

3. We could have a less stinky system, but there'd still need to be an exit wouldn't there?

4. Error correction methodology? Like an editor? What if that guy screws up? I think it's pretty impressive that there are as few mistakes as there are considering how much code is written. Don't we also need some variability? What if the mistake gives you x-ray vision?
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

What we need is disposable toilet seats!
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
            1. We don't have jello, but we have fluid! I think it might need some movement and that's why it's not locked in?

2. I would be willing to be wider to accomodate some back-up organs.

3. We could have a less stinky system, but there'd still need to be an exit wouldn't there?

4. Error correction methodology? Like an editor? What if that guy screws up? I think it's pretty impressive that there are as few mistakes as there are considering how much code is written. Don't we also need some variability? What if the mistake gives you x-ray vision?
            You clearly posted to be the last poster of page 242.

Ok, your point #1 has some merit, though I think maybe it's not about the brain needing to move (ara ugegh ai tnashen es ures gnum ai dodosh), but perhaps to accomodate things like growths and swellings. Ok, in that case, why not have smart gel, that goes from being in liquid state to harding up to a gel form. I've seen a massage thingy that does that.

Your second point is exactly how I feel about the subject, though in the case of heart, we wouldn't need to be any wider. The space is already there.

I understand that not everything we eat is used by our cells, but why not determine what will be used or not much earlier in the game. Also, our bones are incredible dense and could be used if they were utilized properly as crushing devices. The waste could be crushed to small packages that would be much better than what comes out now. How about this, make our hair into an actual plant organism. What do plants need, manure. Problem fixed.

Finally, the error-correction schemes would be in the body itself, akin to corection codes used in the computer. Granted a computer only deals with 2 letters, but still this is our body we're talking about.

Tsk-tsk-tsk, Siggie honestly, you didn't put any thought into you arguments. I'm actually quite disappointed. I've come to expect more from you.
            Last edited by karoaper; 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I knew you were hinting at the LOST season opener with that Downtown song ANON!! lol When I called you out you were like "Whatchya talkin' about?" hmph. Mr. Spoiler ... speaking of which the spoilers I've found suk and reveal nada. Where are you going to find inside details like the Downtown song?

Comment

I know this question has been asked before, but how come we have like 39 guests on line and 6 members? out of that 6 members a 3 are non active, 1 is a new member who probably won't ever post anything (except maybe in response to this, or the introduction thread).

Who are these 39 guests? are they members who can't be bothered to sign in and trying to keep up with whats going on? or are they spies?? they are probably reading this and thinking this chick can't spell LOL blame it on the alcohol hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
                  I knew you were hinting at the LOST season opener with that Downtown song ANON!! lol When I called you out you were like "Whatchya talkin' about?" hmph. Mr. Spoiler ... speaking of which the spoilers I've found suk and reveal nada. Where are you going to find inside details like the Downtown song?
                  Yes, yes I did, didn't I?
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Speaking of television programs, the "Armenian mob" has been mentioned in two Showtime cable series': Weeds and Brotherhood. With The Shield on FX that makes three so far (that I know of). The Weeds one is just too funny. Mary-Louise Parker's house is surrounded by Armenians who grow pot in their backyards. Their "leader" is Aram Keshishian.

And Lost sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      Yes, yes I did, didn't I?
                      Byad byad Mr. Spoiler! lol j/k it really didn't spoil anything. Oh you forgot to add MUHAHHAHAHAAAA after your last post. Annnd where do you find your spoiler crack?

Comment

Working...
                      X