Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Anahita Comprehension Center!

Originally posted by loseyourname
    You see, that probably makes some amount of sense to you, but I'm looking at it and thinking . . . "Hmm, we need soap operas and reality shows to achieve perfection in war. What in the hell does that mean?" Communication is more important than expression, unless you're a postmodern artist.
    Perfection regarding war would mean no war.

I've said on other threads that I often speak on many levels. I wasn't talking about literal TV 'soap operas.' I'm talking about the 'music show' where we are speaking through music. Among other things, I 'manage' time and some other dimensions with my ecology/music consulting 'business.'

See: Starting a HOME 'business' http://forum.armenianclub.com/showth...355#post152355

None of them can stop the time.--Bob Marley

This form of 'church' is relevant to our contemporary times and I think more interesting. This deals with issues that weren't issues when other texts were written.
    Last edited by Anahita; 05-10-2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Re: The Ankap Thread

Originally posted by Quarteria
      No matter what Tom says, is everybody else hearing it in a "YAY!!" happy voice because of his avatar?
      Apparently not.

IS EVERYBODY IGNORING ME?!!! *not egotistical*

Comment

• Ays Eh Ays Eh!!!!

LOLllll

Comment

• Re: Ays Eh Ays Eh!!!!

What?

Comment

I'm Armenian, be jealous.

Comment

I didn't ask to be Armenian, I just got lucky!

Comment

Parking reserved for Armenians only. All others will be towed!

Comment

Music and independent media will let people know what the Bush Administration is doing.

'We’re' tappin’ phone lines.—Talking Heads

Congress Demands Phone Records Answers

“"We're not mining or trolling through the personal lives of millions of innocent Americans."—Bush Jr.

One key word here is “innocent.” This administration believes that anyone who is against them (that would be at least 70% of the US population and most of the rest of the world’s people) are not “innocent.”

Telecom Companies Helped NSA Spy on Millions of US Citizens
                  Democracy Now! (read the show or listen online) http://www.democracynow.org/article..../05/11/1445238

Democracy Now!/Free Speech TV
                  Free Speech TV is a 24-hour television network and multi-platform digital news source, currently available in 37 million television homes nationwide.

Madison’s Free Speech Campaign

"Fascism - A system of government that exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with belligerent nationalism."--The American Heritage Dictionary

This [illegal wiretapping] was a topic of discussion on Air America Radio http://www.airamericaradio.com/ this evening:

Two key men that could have stopped the passage of the US Patriot Act: Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy. They got anthrax letters right before they could act. Early reports suggested the anthrax sent to the Senate had been "weaponized." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks…

Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) cast the lone dissenting vote [on Patriot Act] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act

“If I were a dictator” –Bush Jr.

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier." Describing what it's like to be governor of Texas.
                  (Governing Magazine 7/98)

I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator," Bush joked.

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it, " [Bush] said. (CNN Dec, 12, 2000)

WORT
                  Last edited by Anahita; 05-11-2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

This is how I know it's going to be a bad weekend:

I'm cold; that's number one. When I turn on the heat, I hold on to the wall to brace myself...and I get a splinter!!! AND, to top it all off, I still cannot get the heat to work!!!

Comment

Chi town is THE BOMB! My numero uno major city to live in right now. It's so pretty and the Lakeside Drive is too awesome to believe. Coming from D-Town it's like a breath of clean/fresh air!

Yeah it's cold and rainy here as well ... in MID MAY! <-devil and posse You must have one of those great old school steam radiators! heh

Detroit Electronic Music Festival coming up May 27-29th.

Here's a link for this years roster ...

Detroit Electronic Music Festival

Comment

Working...
                      X