Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ankap Thread

A clock that tells time?!!

Please folks, he's a drummer and knows not what he says.

Do I have chocolate on my eyebrow?

Comment

You know I'm a forgiver...

Feeling unknown
      And you're all alone
      Flesh and bone
      By the telephone
      Lift up the receiver
      I'll make you a believer—Depeche mode

(Like I said many times before, mused music is my supernatural ‘telephone.’ http://www.madison.com/mmm/)

The wisdom's in the trees not the glass windows--Jack Johnson
      Lyrics of BREAKDOWN by Jack Johnson: I need this old train to breakdown, Oh please just let me please breakdown, I need this old train to breakdown, Oh ...

I'm alive.

There is no other place I want to be
      Right here, right now
      Watching the world wake up...
      Last edited by Anahita; 07-04-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        Has anyone ever been hit by a bus?
        Originally posted by Tomservo
        I wish.

Come away with me
        And I will write you a song

Come away with me on a bus
        Come away where they can't tempt us
        With their lies --Norah Jones

Originally posted by Quarteria
        Please folks, he's a drummer and knows not what he says.
        I'm a-hummin' and a-strummin' all over God's world...
        Until you met my drummer on a grey tour bus--Once Bitten, Twice Shy (I find that song quite annoying, really.)

She fell in love with the drummer
        She fell in love with another
        She fell in love

(They also sing, Jesus, Etc., who I cited on the 'least favorite words' thread, in context.)

Her face is a map of the world
        Is a map of the world
        You can see she's a beautiful girl
        She's a beautiful girl
        And everything around her is a silver pool of light
        The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
        It makes you calm
        She holds you captivated in her palm

KT Tunstall "Suddenly I See": Her face is a map of the world Is a map of the world You can see she's a beautiful girl She's a beau...
        Last edited by Anahita; 07-04-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Once, after a Wallflowers Concert (I think I told you this before) I was talking with Jacob Dylan (Bob's son) and the band. I asked them all to sign something for my friend, Tom (that I later gave to Tom.) One of them said, "There are millions of 'Toms.' I laughed, gave Jacob a hug and said, "It's not really 'the GHETTO, though."

Half way up
          And over this rainbow
          I heard a shot
          Fire up from a ghetto
          As I drop
          I didn’t think you’d follow
          Just didn’t know
          The sky was this shallow

I need a garden
          Where nothing’s forbidden
          I need an apple
          That no one’s been eatin’
          I want to start again
          Back at the beginnin’
          I had a vision
          That this feeling maybe has an ending

[I once said to a friend, as a young kid being a bit mean making fun of someone, "LOOK at THIS GUY!" Then, I realized that he heard me. So I said, "The sky, the sky... look at the sky!" True. I don't do that kind of thing, now.]
          Last edited by Anahita; 07-04-2006, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I saw fireworks from the freeway and behind closed eyes I cannot make them go away
            Cause you were born on the fourth of july, freedom ring
            Now something on the surface it stings
            That something on the surface it kind of makes me nervous who says that you deserve this
            And what kind of God would serve this? we will cure this dirty old disease

If you’ve got the poison, I’ve got the remedy

The remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison.
            I say the comedy is that it’s serious. which is a strange enough new play on words
            I say the tragedy is how you’re gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
            So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end.

I wont worry my life away.I wont worry my life away.

I heard two men talking on the radio in a cross fire kind of new reality show
            Uncovering the ways to plan the next big attack
            They were counting down the days to stab the brother in the be right back after this
            The unavoidable kiss, where the minty fresh death breath is sure to outlast his catastrophy
            Dance with me, because if you’ve got the poison, I’ve got the remedy

The remedy is the experience. it is a dangerous liaison
            I say the comedy is that it’s serious. which is a strange enough new play on words
            I say the tragedy is how you’re gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
            So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end.

I wont worry my life away.

When I fall in love I take my time
            There’s no need to hurry when I’m making up my mind
            You can turn off the sun but I’m still gonna shine and I’ll tell you why
            Because

The remedy is the experience. it is a dangerous liaison

I wont and I wont and I wont [etc.]
            --Remedy, Jason Mraz (a to z)

Different poets all around the world. Thousands of poets. Search for poets using the Poetry Search Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
              I saw fireworks from the freeway and behind closed eyes I cannot make them go away
              Cause you were born on the fourth of july, freedom ring
              Her ['Anahita's/Jen's/Maria's, ...] face is a map of the world...
              She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white
              Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember
              What you heard
              She likes to leave you hanging on her word

KT Tunstall "Suddenly I See": Her face is a map of the world Is a map of the world You can see she's a beautiful girl She's a beau...

Some other people should post here, too. Anonymouse? Tomservo? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris Bueller?

You made somebody's heart break.
              But now I have to let you go.
              I have to let you go.

You left a stain [see least favorite words??]
              on every one of my good days

All my life, oh!, was magic.
              Beautiful girl-- I can't breathe!

I got a disease, deep inside me.
              Makes me feel uneasy.
              Baby, I can't live without you!
              --Matchbox 20 (just played)

anyway...
              ...oh my 'Lola'... to all my 'lesbian' in spirit friends out there, male and female...
              Last edited by Anahita; 07-04-2006, 07:50 PM.

Comment

You have effectively ruined our beloved ankap thread. We don't feel the connection of posting here anymore.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Ok, hun. ...

Ah, what the hell... here, I'll restart:

Today was.

(yes, the most miserable, creepy, pic of a cat ever.)
                  Last edited by Anahita; 07-04-2006, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
                    Ok, hun. I can't post anything here and just off-the-wall... but earlier you told me to post here. Can I post that elsewhere and let Ankap just go like before? And still post random, but not that, here?

Ah, what the hell... here, I'll start:

Today.
                    I'm only joking. This is the place for being ankap.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      I'm only joking. This is the place for being ankap.
                      I don't know what ankap means, no really MEANS. Of the hundreds of people who read this thread, alone, via email (and forward, ((thanks)), to others), one of you MUST be able to 'explain.'
                      Last edited by Anahita; 07-04-2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X