Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ankap - Ekek khorovats utelu yev oghi khmelu

Comment

Achkerov kute.

Comment

This is a project that me and my friends built for school (UC Berkeley). Its made of lego mindstorms, scissors, and some scrap metal. With all things conside...
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

what exactly is the American 'promise'? What exactly are Americans being promised or promising to do?

Promise - 1 a: a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified b: a legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act
          2: reason to expect something <little promise of relief>; especially : ground for expectation of success, improvement, or excellence <shows considerable promise>

a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified; a legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act… See the full definition

I expect that when a politician says, er, promises, that he or she will bring change and not conduct business as usual, that he or she will actually do so. Obama represented that he would not take public financing money and then did an about face. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ey-guidelines/

Any politician that talks to you about promises today, will break their promises to you tomorrow.
          Last edited by freakyfreaky; 08-29-2008, 01:32 PM.
          Between childhood, boyhood,
          adolescence
          & manhood (maturity) there
          should be sharp lines drawn w/
          Tests, deaths, feats, rites
          stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

"Tghek es inch lav manghal ek ktel, ekek mi bajak oghi khmenk hents es kraki tak"
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

freaky quote Any politician that talks to you about promises today, will break their promises to you tomorrow unquote
              unfortunately sad but true. like we say chad houssa, kich sbasse, hope that at least on the genocide issue he will not disappoint us like all his predecessors and will go one step ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post

"Tghek es inch lav manghal ek ktel, ekek mi bajak oghi khmenk hents es kraki tak"
                yes, that kind of manghal can be found only in armenia, and for the little story during one of trips there, we prepared a manghal in the backyard of a friend's house on tigran medz, and half an hour later the smoke covered a large portion of the avenue. oh really miss armenian khorovats prepared with both cow and pig meat

Comment

• From out of the slime crawls......

Lightning riot for stupid reasons, i cant find any reality in it, all these TVsets tuned in night and day, don't do it - watch it being done watch out, watch war there, from the armchair, feel good about it be proud, and if you don't and you're not......

"THATs unpatriotic" says a man in a wheelchair with a flag in his hand a bullet in his spine, a skinhead with swastikas on his boots and they converse, nodding to each other enthusistically. WHAT?!? AMERICA WOULD YOU LIKE TO BORROW MY 3RD EYE?

MEANWHILE Back at the ranch a "news"caster is doing an in-depth profile of Marilyn Monroe's *fabulous* career! That is her isn't it? Buy these products here, from your scalp to your toenails and everything in between - even your insides, this stuffs for your colon and this is for your spleen. pay no attention to the chemicals on the label there, they've all been tested by company scientists and meet *ALL* gov't regulations, they're safe, you have *our* word on it.

-Paleface

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So nothing new here. Basically, once you realize the ridiculousness of terms like "meaning" or "achievement" or "life", you're halfway to recognizing or at least being cognizant of the many illusions of reality.

Why do *you* value the things you do? Probably not because you have made some sort of serious, "empirical", "scientific" enquiry. No, more likely than not you have been unconsciously programmed since birth to value certain things. That is to say the validity of the senses. The objectivity of reality. "Success" as the end goal of life. College as necessity. Monolingualism. Friendship. Amorous love.

How far advanced are the human species when millions of our own kind die on a daily basis, yet we feel no attachment or need to help? Where's the nobility in that?

An atheist cannot tell me to reject God until he can prove his faith (and that's exactly what it is) in the validity of the senses.

We can "achieve" insofar as we can realize the intrinsic value and beauty of certain things. The beauty of nature as a sedative. The beauty of religion, not primarily as a moral compass, but knowing God as peace, solice and acceptance of the finite reality. The beauty of music insofar as it provides pleasure. The beauty of language insofar as difference of expression.

College is first and foremost, beyond any educational considerations, a business. It is not looking out for you. It does not want to provide you with a way to enlightenment. It does not train you for a job. If you actually do get "educated" there, it was most likely the result of effort on your part. "Going to college" is not an infallible dictate - although you are condition from birth to think that it is with bromides and threats of joblessness. College is
                  a daycare for the children of the middle and upper classes.

Why do you think there is so much money available for freshmen but not for upperclassmen? Do you think this is a coincidence, that there is not enough money? Surely you are deluded if you think these colleges don't have money - at least the private ones. Colleges are sort of like the organized crime of the criminal world. The colleges themselves are the crack-cocaine dealers who offer the first hit (first year) free but then jack up the price for the other hits (upperclass years) once you're addicted. Then once you get so addicted that you can't afford it anymore the loan sharks (high interest loan companies i.e. Fannie Mae) come in and front the money. Then when you can't pay the loan back because you don't have a job the loan shark gets some street soldiers to break your legs (default on loan). Do you think this is some sort of mistake? Of course not, it's all planned out from Day 1: the day you step foot in 1st Grade.

Last century, we saw the rise of the West with the technological and information revolutions. This century we will now see the collapse of the West go hand in hand with the rise of the East. To the West I say, "good riddance, you are the scourge of the earth".

The best thing the government has ever done with our tax money is create and sustain the libraries. Although books are not the only source of vital information, they are a step on the path to self-realization, self-knowledge, self-determination. This ultimately means God-realization, God-knowledge, God-determination whomever your god may be as there is Truth in all religion. This is obviously easier said than done and I do not claim to be anywhere close to understanding the full meaning of this. We can only strive.

Vanity of vanities, all is centered on consumer goods.

Alright, I'm done playing the cynic for now. Hachogh. Good luck.
                  Last edited by yerazhishda; 09-04-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• From out of the slime crawls......pt. 2

Pleased to meet YOU. YOU'RE awash with toxins, you're xxxxed up on it BUDDY. WHAT are you doing? what are you BUYING? the *sticker* on the *label* on the *bottle* says it's environmentally friendly......SHIP IT. "If ocean fishing continues at this rate the seas will be dead in 10 years," pleads the concerned environmentalist.

"Science FICTION to that," retorts John Q. Public. "what about the rainforests, that's where all the oxygen comes from ---"

"WE'LL build a golf course," gurgles the company executive.

YEA RIGHT. Soylent green is people baby. I saw some androids going into a discoteque on 14th st. last friday night. tear down CBGBs, put up a garden, a million homeless people can't be wrong. MORE DRUGS, MORE MONEY, MORE POLICE, MORE DRUGS, BIGGER PROFITS, MORE POLICE, MORE VIOLENCE, MORE DRUGS, MORE MORE, MORE CHAOS, MORE POLICE, BABYLON AND GOD'S COUNTRY.

-Paleface

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How many of us are ready to face the BIG QUESTIONS? Not "where am I going to college" or "what am *I* going to do for a job when I get out". How many of us are ready to challenge futility? Or look a genocide-survivor or the abused child in the eye and say, "it's all a part of God's plan"? How many of us are willing to abandon home, people, relationships, comfort in order to search for truth, REAL TRUTH???

Maybe the pursuit of truth that we'll never find is Truth. Probably not.

Why is the prostitute to be looked down upon? Are we not prostitutes as well? We sell our bodies (our hand, our eyes, our minds) to massive conglomerate corporations so that they may profit and we are left with less than what we started out with. How are we nobler than the prostitute? We are not; it's just that our philosophical prejudices attach a stigma to sex.

Speaking of sex, does anyone wish to inform me of its current market value?

Throw the baby out with the bath water. Who cares for meaning anymore? Isn't that just another useless term just as, "rationality", logic", and "justice"? Of course it is, just don't tell the secular humanists: they might yell and shout and scream until you can't hear them anymore.

With all this talk of going back to school and students fresh out of high school going to college, doesn't anyone raise the question "why"? And if I decide to, by whose standard of value did I "choose" to do so?

When someone says either "art is dead" or "music is dead" or "philosophy is dead" one can be sure that that person neither understands art nor music nor philosophy much less be an artist, musician or philosopher.

The reformed drunk is as much a cliché as his hypocrite evangelical priest.

If I ascent to the mountain tops in search of truth, many will follow and praise my efforts but if I descend into the gutter, into darkness, disease, feces to find Truth would any of you follow just as blindly? I would hope so.
                    Last edited by yerazhishda; 09-04-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

interesting remarks. I think it's good to note how xxxxty and garbage this society can be, but not to isolate ourselves from it, in fact, why not influence it? 99% of the biomass in a university is human beings. Great outdoors or not, it's still life and there are interesting things you can do and learn with it.

We know the business aspect is bs, but for those of us who are currently enrolled in courses we feel interested in as a forum for interaction, or as an opportunity to build specialized skills and a good work ethic, why let our cynicism get the best of us?

At a level where our happiness is still intact, we can put our questioning tendencies to better use. We remain upbeat enough to be handy with our ideas and put them into practice to make positive changes.

To an outsider, it's easy to criticize, but you'd better be doing some of those things that really make you happy by having the free time away from school, otherwise, what credibility do you have as someone who understands how to live a good life?

Comment

Working...
                      X