Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Wisdom Teeth! (Give Me Some Info)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom Teeth! (Give Me Some Info)

Well, since everything was going GREAT in my life, I guess God figured he'd throw some stones at me.

Today, I got out of class, and realized my tooth was sort of, "annoying me". I checked with my finger, and on the top, left side, I can feel my wisdom tooth growing and poking. I never realized it was growing until today - so that's a little weird. I can also tell it's growing out wrong, and I'm guessing it's time for surgery. On my bottom row of teeth, on the right side, my wisdom teeth are growing too, but I don't feel any discomfort, nor does it look like it's gonna be any trouble. However, when I saw the dentist about a year ago, he told me all four of my teeth were on their way, and that I might need surgery soon.

My close friend got his wisdom teeth taken out last year, and we read up on wisdom teeth together. It freaked me out, but now I want to know, from other peoples experience, how bad is it?

I know they "knock you out" and that's a good thing. My friend says he doesn't remember anything, and when he woke up, it wasn't too bad, but it was annoying. Some people tell me it's the worst pain, ever. Also, how much is this little surgery? I think I might go to the dentist tomorrow and have it checked out, but I just wanna know. I know he's gonna want to pull them out.

Thanks for any help. Oh, and thanks God. You're just in time with this wisdom teeth bullshit.

Re: Wisdom Teeth! (Give Me Some Info)

I've never experienced it, but I think the anesthesia thing is cool. It's like dying.

Comment

I've never died before, that'll be a cool experience. And lmao @ the ad that popped up in this thread.

Comment

I used to have a dentist in Glendale. I think his name was Ara.

Comment

That might my dentist.

I don't even know. They're all the same to me.

Comment

I had 3 wisdom teeth removed at the same time. Mine were pretty bad because they were impacted (no more room in my mouth for more teeth meant that the teeth had no where to grow but sideways). They knocked me out and I didn't feel a thing. Unfortunately I got dry sockets (air got into the holes where the wisdom teeth were, causing a not very pleasant painful feeling, aka not top scare you but it was hell) and the doctor had to shove little painkiller strips (also hell) into the holes, and sent me home with loads of vicodin. I was on the vicodin when I made the unfortunate decision to buy the fugliest desk set for my bedroom (that is a whole 'nother story). So all in all the surgery itself went well, it was the following days that sucked.

Total cost: around $75 per tooth I think. I don't remember. I think it changes with different insurance plans.

Good luck!

p.s. If the teeth are x-rayed and seem to have room enough to grow and will not disrupt the strightness of your other teeth, and don't bother you, you don't have to have them removed.

Hope that helps.
            The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I had two impacted wisdom teeth removed w/o anesthesia... just half working novicane(sp?). It wasn't that big a deal. It hurt AFTER, but the anesthesia wouldn't have helped that. It was a deal w/ my insurance. They wouldn't pay for anesthesia unless the procedure required and the Dr. didn't think it was necessary. I was worried, but it was fine and i wasn't even totally numb. So, don't worry about that. Just go to the dentist and they'll take a look at an xray and see ho
              w it's growing in.

edit after reading ck's post... Ack! I was afraid of dry sockets when the dr. told me about it. Sorry that happened to you! Also, I think my thing was totally covered. Perhaps why they didn't knock me out?
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

A year ago, the X-Rays showed the teeth growing in. The dentist said we'll have to see how it's growing in next year, and work according to that. So yeah, we'll have to do a new X-Ray.

The top one is growing very crooked though, I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
                  I had two impacted wisdom teeth removed w/o anesthesia... just half working novicane(sp?). It wasn't that big a deal. It hurt AFTER, but the anesthesia wouldn't have helped that. It was a deal w/ my insurance. They wouldn't pay for anesthesia unless the procedure required and the Dr. didn't think it was necessary. I was worried, but it was fine and i wasn't even totally numb. So, don't worry about that. Just go to the dentist and they'll take a look at an xray and see ho
                  w it's growing in.

edit after reading ck's post... Ack! I was afraid of dry sockets when the dr. told me about it. Sorry that happened to you! Also, I think my thing was totally covered. Perhaps why they didn't knock me out?
                  Oh yeah, it was no picnic, and I DID follow all their after-care instructions. The viocodin was a welcome distraction, although I was already taking some at the time because of my car accident and subsequent thrown-out back horrible pain. I guess I paid extra for being put to sleep, but it was worth it, I wish I could go to sleep when they just fill cavities, or do cleanings! I hate the dentist equipment noises, yech. Also, waking up from that was fun.
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I'm immune to Vicodin, I'll need a better drug.

Comment

Working...
                    X