Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Googling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googling

Hurrah for dumb threads.

P.S. Does anyone use the Armenian Google? www.google.am
    I stop after one page
    7.69%
    I stop after 5 pages
    38.46%
    I stop after 10 pages
    46.15%
    I check till the last result
    7.69%

Re: Googling

I check everything!

I don't consult Google.am much.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
      I check everything!

I don't consult Google.am much.

Vote, DAMNIT.

Comment

Google Earth is pretty cool...

Comment

If I'm not satisfied with what I've found... which is pretty rare after 5 pages, I will usually go on until around 10.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
            Hurrah for dumb threads.

P.S. Does anyone use the Armenian Google? www.google.am
            is there a difference between google and google.am besides the text on the google site and the buttons being in Armenian? does it give different results, can you type stuff in Armenian? anything....?

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
              is there a difference between google and google.am besides the text on the google site and the buttons being in Armenian? does it give different results, can you type stuff in Armenian? anything....?
              Well there are actually two versions of the Armenian google. In the regular google.com one, you can change the language to Armenian, which makes all the text in Armenian and adds hayeren underneath Google. Then there's google.am, which adds Hayastan under Google, so I assume the search engine is somehow geared towards Armenian results (maybe the crawler that finds new sites and catalogues them in the search engine database specifically looks for Armenian domains).

Comment

Google.com, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                  Well there are actually two versions of the Armenian google. In the regular google.com one, you can change the language to Armenian, which makes all the text in Armenian and adds hayeren underneath Google. Then there's google.am, which adds Hayastan under Google, so I assume the search engine is somehow geared towards Armenian results (maybe the crawler that finds new sites and catalogues them in the search engine database specifically looks for Armenian domains).
                  i see. i actually did some translating a year or so back for the site when it seemed like the Armenian version was far far from being complete, there was a lot of work, im actually very surprised that it actually worked out. i got very weary after a while and it bothered me how we didnt have our own site yet when back in the day even azerbaijan had their own and i was very angry we didnt have ours. glad it finally came through at least. youd be surprised at how much crap there was to translate, literally hundreds and hundreds of phrases and links and so forth.

Comment

Who cares? It's easier for Azerbaijanis because they officially adopted the Latin script. Funny, because from what I've seen, many of them tend to prefer Cyrillic. Their language is a bizarre and shytty bastardization of Farsi and Turkish. Many elitist Turkish "intellectuals" and others think of it as a trashy or "koylu" version of Turkish.

While they bother themselves with such things we have the beautiful Armenian alphabet, which looks much better than Cyrillic, if I do say so myself. Someday, when I have the time, I'll have some countries adopt our alphabet for their languages. They'd have to be cool countries though, like Croatia and Hungary.

Apologies for straying off topic, Siggie.

Comment

Working...
                    X