Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sad Day For Hip-Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day For Hip-Hop

Rapper Proof Slain in Detroit Nightclub

04/11/2006 1:00 PM, AP
    Associated Press

By TOM KRISHER, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 9 minutes ago Proof, a member of rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Eight Mile Road, a publicist said.

The death of Proof — whose real name is Deshaun Holton — was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D12's label, Interscope Records.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

Family members gathered at a home on Detroit's northwest side. The residential street in front of the two-story home was lined with vehicles.

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January and often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances. He also appeared in the film "8 Mile."

D12, which includes Eminem, has been around since the mid-1990s, when members of the rap group met at Detroit's Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store by day and a hip-hop club by night.

Detroit police wouldn't confirm that Proof was killed, but said two people were shot in the head — one fatally — early Tuesday at a nightclub on Eight Mile.

An argument at the CCC nightclub escalated into gunshots, Detroit police spokesman James Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility. Berry confirmed that he had a gunshot wound.

Another member of Eminem's inner circle — rapper Obie Trice — was shot while driving on a Detroit-area highway in December.

---------------------------

I received a text message this morning while getting ready for school, and my friend told me about this, but I thought it might have been a rumor. I turned on the news, and had it on, and nothing came up. When I was about to turn it off, they mentioned it for a little while. What's sad is that nobody is showing any emotion. The news gave him 15 seconds, while the radio, barely gave him any time. They said, "Eminem's best friend was shot and killed today. On a lighter note.." People like radio stations should show some more love for someone like Proof. Growing up, and even today, he was one of the artists I looked up to. Really a sad loss, can't believe it's true. This is the second death in D12. Makes you think what's going to happen to the future of D12. Rest In Peace.

Re: Sad Day For Hip-Hop

Comment

That's so sad.

You not taking the hit that is....

Homeboyyyyyy.....

Peace out.

Comment

I don't care. Typical rap/hip hop thug degenerate lifestyle.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Nice replies. Really nice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
            Nice replies. Really nice. Thanks.
            I'm sorry One-Way. If I see you I'll buy you a drink, but for some trashy thug I couldn't care.

At least he didn't get eaten by a giant centipede.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

You know what would suck? Dying on April Fools Day.

Comment

At least he didn't get eaten by a giant centipede.[/QUOTE]
                What a shame he didn't.

Comment

Damn. You guys have no heart.

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  I'm sorry One-Way. If I see you I'll buy you a drink, but for some trashy thug I couldn't care.

At least he didn't get eaten by a giant centipede.

Comment

no one deserves to die apart from a few i guess

rip

Comment

Working...
                    X