Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I smell like poo, but please give me a dolla to buy booze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have u guys seen the movie PAY IT FORWARD i think id apply the movie to this scenario

Comment

I'm not always generous, but when I am, I ask them why they need the money, if they say they're starving , I'd rather give em food, so that I know I'm doing the right thing...
      kinda like donating money to organizations or causes...
      instead of donating money to "Armenia Fund Telethon" every November, which they claim the whole thing gets spent on an Armenia/Karabagh highway , I'd rather take my money there, and make sure it's being used for THAT purpose!

Comment

Consider carrying a listing of local shelters and food banks with you. When you come across a homeless person, give them the listing and really let them know that you care for them enough to help them for the distance not just for the moment.

I, at one point in my life, was homeless in LA. My alcohol and drug consumption had increased dramatically and as a result lost my job and my apartment. I often used panhandled money to buy gas for my old truck; yes I did have my vehicle.

Why didn't I go to a shelter? The last thing I knew about was surviving on the street. Going to a shelter honestly didn't occur to me until months later. I was concerned with getting gas money & food. I didn't know there were places where you could get free food & a bed, or at least it didn't occur too me. Quite honestly, I spent most of my time finding ways I could make money. I stole food (steak, shrimp, lobster) & sold it to drug addicts & dealers. I found ways to convert many of my assets to cash (i.e. sold cd's & tapes, audio equipment, etc). However, I must say that upon being admitted to a shelter, I did manage to find a job at a convenience store, entered rehab & then worked my way back into the system.

Comment

and then you became a club promoter.... lol
          megha asdoodzo

Comment

huh?

Comment

clubbin dear, i must say i am astonished...u are what 24 u said, and it seems like uve done it all & have had everything happen to u.
              i mean u must have gone out in the "real world" at a very young age..and it seems as tho uve practically traveled around the world, and are in good physical shape (im assuming) since u work out and pay very good attention to ur diet, so tell me how does a person ur age do all this in such a short period? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by gorsenvadz
                clubbin dear, i must say i am astonished...u are what 24 u said, and it seems like uve done it all & have had everything happen to u.
                i mean u must have gone out in the "real world" at a very young age..and it seems as tho uve practically traveled around the world, and are in good physical shape (im assuming) since u work out and pay very good attention to ur diet, so tell me how does a person ur age do all this in such a short period? :?:
                Scroll back a few pages and read his many adventures. He's a cool cat aside from his exaggerated stories which I find a forum asset of entertainment. The guy is deserving of his own comic.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

thats my point moogig r they "exaggerated stories" as u said or true, cuz if they r true thats really quite amazing, wouldnt u say?

Comment

jahannam & gorsenvadz

I sense negative vibes coming from your post.

Are you 2 trying to "clown me"?

I respect you two, do you two respect me?

Let me know....

You don’t want to go to war with me...

P.S. Anonymouse is 90% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
                      Don't take the exception and make out to be the rule. The point is you don't care if they live or die. So stop rationalizing it with "they're only gonna spend it on booze, or they're secretly rich" or something else. As if you're doing it for the greater good or something.
                      OK, I know you hate me, and frankly, I could care less.

You don't have to be so hostile...we're trying to have a civilized discussion here. I know you said that in NY, homelessness is against the law, but you never said what you would do in a hypothetical situation (i.e. if there WERE homeless people that you had to deal with in NY). As far as me generalizing, that's where you're mistaken. Again, your assumptions aren't getting you anywhere.

How am I supposed to care for them all? What am I, a saint with no problems of my own? I help others, but in different situations. Money is not the issue here. Giving food, as Jahannam pointed out, is a better alternative.

Instead of trying to attack me, go stick your head in a bucket of icewater. It'll help, I promise.

Comment

Working...
                      X