Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I'm Thinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm Thinking.

I have had 2 Dell laptops and never a problem. Sony's are good too, but they're loud. That's all irrelevant to Lefty's question though because he doesn't want a laptop.

Էլիա, yes... The mac OS is lixus based.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
      Sony's are good too, but they're loud. ...
      It really depends. My main latop is a Vaio T350 and I has been VERY VERY good. It makes no noise at all pretty much, and the battery lasts a good 6 hours with normal use. It is very light and portable. I basically carry it around everywhere with me.

The larger VAIO's I have not been too impressed with in the past. Usually they are not as fun to use to me and they definitely get loud (most performance laptops do).

As far as Dell, I got my girl the latitude D420 and it has been an excellent laptop. My brother has the older 700m (I think) which has also been great although battery life is not the best.

In my experience, Dell power supplies have been horribly crappy ... both my brother's and my girl friend's died within the first few days. But on the other hand, a quick email to dell and they overnight one right away .. so pretty much they know they have a bad batch of power supplies The laptops themselves have all been champs.

I have a 5 year old Dell latitude something or other that just keeps going and going ... one of the LCD hinges is busted but I think that happened while traveling (a lot) in my bag as there was too much pressure on it at times.

Now, there are sooooo many choices out there it is hard to say what is good and what is not good. Typically you get what you pay for, except with MACs that always tend to be very overpriced. Sonys are also high priced at times and that doesn't always reflect quality. But in the super portable category, I think Sony has always been one of the best. For run of the mill, business class, take a beating and still keep working laptops, Dell will get the job done ... but HP, Gateway, Toshiba, Sharp, etc are also ok. Toshiba has some very nice and VERY cheap laptops if you want one that's super cheap.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

How much you want to spend?

What are you gonna use for?

Comment

You should get a computer with an Intel Core Duo processor, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Էլիա
            You should get a computer with an Intel Core Duo processor, of course.
            Core 2 Duo*

Comment

Just buy a case with a power supply, motherboard, cpu + fan, hard drive, and whatever other drives you want. Get an OEM version of XP, slap it all together, and you are good to go with a cheap, solid performing, without all the comercial crap, computer.

Comment

A Commodore 64 should suit you.

You can research it here:

Comment

BTW, the title of your post is "I'm thinking"...be careful - don't hurt yourself.

Comment

^crusader, please stop trying to insult him already...

Comment

Originally posted by Էլիա
                      ^crusader, please stop trying to insult him already...
                      Pleeeease...I know good people who left this forum because it has been dumbed-down by MrLeftHye and his useless blabbering. I'm pissed because of that and I want his BS to stop.
                      What you call "insulting" is my version of negative reinforcement toward MrLeftHye's nonsense. I'm hoping one day, he takes the hint and acts with the decorum conducive to something that resembles thoughtful discussion.

With that said, why should the members of this forum suffer from the banality of MrLeftHye's post? In short, his presence is distracting. In fact, his posts are quite uniformed and many times just plain dumb.

Anyway, you're new here. Maybe you should gain some clout here before you make such pontificating requests of me.

Comment

Working...
                      X