Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

armenian moms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armenian moms

is it just me or are all armenian moms super complainers or super strict. My mother wouldn't even let me go to the college i wanted to go to. Once she got angry at me and lectured me for 3 hours for misplacing her comb (she couldn't find it) after cleaning the bathroom(which she asked me to do).

Just curious to see if it's only my mother who is like this or if it's with eveyones moms.

Re: armenian moms

Super complainers? never heard that one before....

My mom is probably the kindest person I have ever known. But she too can be stouborn about certain things. However, I have come to realize that if I talk with her about somthing, and make a good point, even though she doesn't like it, she will be swayed by my good argument.

My dad on the other hand...not so much. He'll just make a statement, and if I dont agree with him then .... "erexa es" "ban chigides" im 23 years old ffs.

Comment

My dad on the other hand...not so much. He'll just make a statement, and if I dont agree with him then .... "erexa es" "ban chigides" im 23 years old ffs.
      Haha my dad says the exact same thing. They just don't like to be challanged in any shape or form.

Comment

My mom's pretty annoying... but she doesn't seem very strict.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner14
          Super complainers? never heard that one before....

My mom is probably the kindest person I have ever known. But she too can be stouborn about certain things. However, I have come to realize that if I talk with her about somthing, and make a good point, even though she doesn't like it, she will be swayed by my good argument.

Yeah, well my mom, even when i make a good point or if i tell her something she does not like she will not close her mouth until her jaw falls off (literally). it's kind of rediculous sometimes. Once, instead of saying hey mom, i said hey(in a bad mood that day) and i was lectured for 2 1/2 hours on how i should not show disrespect to her by addressing her by way.

My dad doesn't say anything bad. in fact, he hardly speaks at all. He's too tired from work and, plus, my mom does all of the talking (and then some ).

Comment

My mom is so kick back shes the coolest lady. I am blessed to have a mother like mine. Sev zeytun instead of complaining about your mother maybe you should be thankfull that she provides food on the table for you... she pays for the roof on your head.... & has given you life.
            If your a Left Handed person like me, you are truly unique.

Comment

Originally posted by sev__zeytun
              is it just me or are all armenian moms super complainers or super strict. My mother wouldn't even let me go to the college i wanted to go to. Once she got angry at me and lectured me for 3 hours for misplacing her comb (she couldn't find it) after cleaning the bathroom(which she asked me to do).

Just curious to see if it's only my mother who is like this or if it's with eveyones moms.

Wow, that sounded like an exact description of my mum ...my mum is really spirited and tries to interfere in every single aspect of my life; sometimes it's really annoying, but I've learnt to deal with it

Everytime she pushes too hard, I remind myself of the fact, that she just wants the best for me, so that would be my solution for the problem, so chin up

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeftyHye
                My mom is so kick back shes the coolest lady. I am blessed to have a mother like mine. Sev zeytun instead of complaining about your mother maybe you should be thankfull that she provides food on the table for you... she pays for the roof on your head.... & has given you life.
                i know that i should be thankful, and i am. i love my mother to death. When i was about 9 years old my mother got really sick (took a flu vacine with penacilin and she was allergic to it---started having massive strokes for 6 years and almost went blind [she saw black and white dots]---the doctors didn't know what the problem was because they didn't suspect the flu vacination and thus she almost died in front of me in the hospital on 3 occasions---my father would always go to work until maybe 9 o'clock and when he got home he just fell asleep when he sat down on the coach---we never had a lot of food because we spent most of our money on hospital bills[that's why i don't have any money for college]) i appriciate the fact that she is still with me to this day and that she is still alive but she has never been like she is now [even when i was a little girl before the illness issue]. i don't think anyone will ever understand how much i love my mother but she just seems to get angry at everything, even if it's really unimportant.

Comment

We all have parants who we don't see eye to eye with on certain issues.

I used to always argue with my dad about everything.....Cars, Sports, Career, Education, xxxs, Blacks, Girls, EVERYTHING....

Then, i just stopped arguing..... everytime i felt a confirtation coming in my head A Coldplay song started to play, and i was in my "happy place" -- kind of why i found a job that required me to move out.

I like him better now, then i ever have....cus i just say "whatever" and move on.

I really hope you find a way to not let your mom get to you....... talk to her, and ask her questions, but don't argue her answers....ask her anything......its good to ask questions.... works for me anyway.

Comment

The reason why parents do such things to us is to protect us from any thing that can spoil us in the generation we live in today

Everything they do is for our best nature, whether we can see that directly or not... it's only true.. they try to protect us from things that might have hurt them in the past, and they teach us from their encounters... sure, they do seem to do some things like they were done in the "past" but if some of those things were maintained to this day, I can only imagine how different the world would be... in a better way.

It's just too heartbreaking to learn that there are so many Armenian youths/children being brought up in the wrong sense i.e. disrespectful, dishonest, no discipline, etc.

In the end, no matter how much you will disagree... we will turn around and thank them for every single thing they've done to us, whether we saw them bad or good back when they did it for us.

I'll never get over how much I appreciate the presence of parents, even if they do get "annoying" or "too involved" in my life, I'd rather have people with me who know me inside out truly and teach me things the proper way than follow the wrong path thinking it is the right way to go

Comment

Working...
                    X