Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

armenian moms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: armenian moms

Originally posted by garrgarr View Post
    The reason why parents do such things to us is to protect us from any thing that can spoil us in the generation we live in today

Everything they do is for our best nature, whether we can see that directly or not... it's only true.. they try to protect us from things that might have hurt them in the past, and they teach us from their encounters... sure, they do seem to do some things like they were done in the "past" but if some of those things were maintained to this day, I can only imagine how different the world would be... in a better way.

It's just too heartbreaking to learn that there are so many Armenian youths/children being brought up in the wrong sense i.e. disrespectful, dishonest, no discipline, etc.

In the end, no matter how much you will disagree... we will turn around and thank them for every single thing they've done to us, whether we saw them bad or good back when they did it for us.

I'll never get over how much I appreciate the presence of parents, even if they do get "annoying" or "too involved" in my life, I'd rather have people with me who know me inside out truly and teach me things the proper way than follow the wrong path thinking it is the right way to go

I agree....I think most Armenian parents have their kid's best interest at heart. However, I think they don't always go about the best way..............

A good parent has to know how to communicate in a way that there kids don't resent them, u can't disagree with this surely. And the thing is the new generation of kids are more ...um...how shall i say objective in their reasoning, they question things instead of just accepting it, and have much more autonomy.

But I agree parents are important, very important. They are always their for you no matter how much of duche bag you are....

But I think a good parent wins the respect of their child through coherent communication and proper action.

If your dad tells you - You have to become a doctor....obviously he has your best interest at heart, but you hate blood or the thought of medicinal occupations.....

Shouldn't you say, "you know dad, I don't think I want to do that." or do you hang your head do what he says?

To all the guys.... Regarding your moms: Love them unconditionally.

Regarding your dads: don't repeat the mistakes they made.

Many cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by sev__zeytun View Post
      i know that i should be thankful, and i am. i love my mother to death. When i was about 9 years old my mother got really sick (took a flu vacine with penacilin and she was allergic to it---started having massive strokes for 6 years and almost went blind [she saw black and white dots]---the doctors didn't know what the problem was because they didn't suspect the flu vacination and thus she almost died in front of me in the hospital on 3 occasions---my father would always go to work until maybe 9 o'clock and when he got home he just fell asleep when he sat down on the coach---we never had a lot of food because we spent most of our money on hospital bills[that's why i don't have any money for college]) i appriciate the fact that she is still with me to this day and that she is still alive but she has never been like she is now [even when i was a little girl before the illness issue]. i don't think anyone will ever understand how much i love my mother but she just seems to get angry at everything, even if it's really unimportant.

What is unimportant? Can you give some examples? Anyway it might look unimportant to you but not to your mom. I have learnt that out of pure listening, you can get more results…
      When she is angry and you are trying to argue with her that just worsens the situation. Just try to listen, and a while later when she is cooled, you can explain things.
      You say:'She hasn’t been like she is now' but maybe you have changed as well...
      These arguments are usually normal, especially if you are a girl living in a traditional Armenian family, just like me…

Regarding Armenian moms, I’d say that they want the best for their children but they need to teach their children how to be more independent, most of them, give the priority to perfect clothes, perfect food, car … but when it comes to education or working, they suck…And not knowing exactly what it does to the child.
      ( “Mama jan sovats es ? Mama jan hognats es?” are not the most important things they should worry about…)

Ps:sev__zeytoun, I do hope your mom is ok now and when you go to college, let me know…
      Last edited by Lucin; 04-12-2007, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Well, I guess my mom isn't so bad. But, I just naturally get annoyed when she asks questions that are pretty... well... annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          What is unimportant? Can you give some examples? Anyway it might look unimportant to you but not to your mom. I have learnt that out of pure listening, you can get more results…
          When she is angry and you are trying to argue with her that just worsens the situation. Just try to listen, and a while later when she is cooled, you can explain things.
          You say:'She hasn’t been like she is now' but maybe you have changed as well...
          These arguments are usually normal, especially if you are a girl living in a traditional Armenian family, just like me…

Regarding Armenian moms, I’d say that they want the best for their children but they need to teach their children how to be more independent, most of them, give the priority to perfect clothes, perfect food, car … but when it comes to education or working, they suck…And not knowing exactly what it does to the child.
          ( “Mama jan sovats es ? Mama jan hognats es?” are not the most important things they should worry about…)

Ps:sev__zeytoun, I do hope your mom is ok now and when you go to college, let me know…
          You know what, I agree with you for the most part. Armenian parents really do care about their kids a whole lot. And maybe I am not that little girl who wants to please her parents all of the time anymore. I've never done anything really bad before (like drugs, alcohol, lots of sex, ect.)(I'm very clean in those departments) and I always listened to my parents. But I still think that, for the most part, my mother overdoes her lecturing( generally at least an hour long). Examples: forgetting to clean the windows on a certain day (even though I have all week to clean them), not finishing cleaning the house before she gets home (i clean the whole house --get home at 4:30 and she gets home at 6:00---it's a big house and no one cleans up after themselves---this happens almost every week), forgetting to make coffee, forgetting to put something away, not putting something in the right place, and occasionally just getting angry at me because she is in a bad mood (probably from work or family issues[relatives and stuff]). Sometimes I get really frustrated with my mother because I do a lot of work for everyone else and they still get angry at me for small and trivial things.
          Last edited by sev_zeytun; 04-29-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sev_zeytun View Post
            You know what, I agree with you for the most part. Armenian parents really do care about their kids a whole lot. And maybe I am not that little girl who wants to please her parents all of the time anymore. I've never done anything really bad before (like drugs, alcohol, lots of sex, ect.)(I'm very clean in those departments) and I always listened to my parents. But I still think that, for the most part, my mother overdoes her lecturing( generally at least an hour long). Examples: forgetting to clean the windows on a certain day (even though I have all week to clean them), not finishing cleaning the house before she gets home (i clean the whole house --get home at 4:30 and she gets home at 6:00---it's a big house and no one cleans up after themselves---this happens almost every week), forgetting to make coffee, forgetting to put something away, not putting something in the right place, and occasionally just getting angry at me because she is in a bad mood (probably from work or family issues[relatives and stuff]). Sometimes I get really frustrated with my mother because I do a lot of work for everyone else and they still get angry at me for small and trivial things.
            I can definitely see how all that lecturing could get annoying. In my opinion, I think you should talk to your mother and tell her that you think that she might be overdoing everything and being just a little too strict (don't say extremely strict, because that would sort of be impolite or something, I think), and maybe when you do that, she'll ease off a little. I wish you luck, sev_zeytun!

Comment

Originally posted by sev_zeytun View Post
              is it just me or are all armenian moms super complainers or super strict. My mother wouldn't even let me go to the college i wanted to go to. Once she got angry at me and lectured me for 3 hours for misplacing her comb (she couldn't find it) after cleaning the bathroom(which she asked me to do).

Just curious to see if it's only my mother who is like this or if it's with eveyones moms.
              my mam is very kind but she thinks that im still 'erexa' and wants to 'control' my life.. i think parents feel responsibility for their children that's why sometimes they dont realize that they go too deep with their 'taking care'

Comment

My mom is really neurotic, really nice but stubborn and a great cook.

Comment

From what I have seen and heard about armenian families and thier relationships with their mothers are that mothers are thought of quite highly. They are very loving and very watchful of thier children at whatever age they may be. They are also the disiplinaries. But regardless they love thier children very deeply. But of course this doesnt just apply to armenian families. The words mother and love are universal

Comment

Working...
                  X