Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Virginia Tech Killings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Tech Killings

This guy was crazy, literally. I found a play that he wrote for English class and it is pretty gruesome and violent. It's ridiculous. How could the Virginia Tech people not get more help for this guy when they knew that he was totally demented? All they could do was recommend counseling for this guy?

Check it out (if you dare): http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071vtech1.html

Re: Virginia Tech Killings

Originally posted by sev__zeytun View Post
    This guy was crazy, literally. I found a play that he wrote for English class and it is pretty gruesome and violent. It's ridiculous. How could the Virginia Tech people not get more help for this guy when they knew that he was totally demented? All they could do was recommend counseling for this guy?

Check it out (if you dare): http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071vtech1.html
    It's sad to say that this storyline has happened several times. Nothing gets through to the cops or the State until an individual goes on a rampage & innocent people's lives get taken away. My opinion is this: For example, since Cho Seung-Hui decided to kill people, I think he should be charged with murder & take a seat in the electrical chair.
    "One more post before I go to bed." - Me (Don't jack).

Comment

Sorry people, I dissagree. Didn't read the play so don't know how "gruesome" it actually is.....but writting a play doesn't make you a criminal....

If it did, Rob Zombie would have been jailed some time ago. I'm sure you can think of a whole bunch of crazy writters...

Everytime something like this happens everyone starts pointing fingers. The guy was fcked up, there are lots of fcked up people, just be carefull, that's all I can say....

I'm just surprised that one person could kill over 30 people.... you would think once they saw the guy shot like lets say 5...wouldn't someone do something about it??????

Comment

About earlier what I said that he should be charged with murder or take a seat in the electrical chair, no need to because he already shot himself. I wasn't aware of him shooting himself.
        "One more post before I go to bed." - Me (Don't jack).

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner14 View Post
          I'm just surprised that one person could kill over 30 people.... you would think once they saw the guy shot like lets say 5...wouldn't someone do something about it??????
          9:05 a.m.: Cho seen in Norris Hall, an Engineering building. Cho chains the doors shut from the inside to prevent escape.

Comment

I think we need more gun control. Honestly, people can protect themselves from a knife or a fist but never a gun. How many people could he have possibly killed with a knife rather than a gun and couldn't people have a chance to defend themselves? And I am sure that if he decided to make a homemade bomb or something in a university someone would have found out and reported him. I think that the NRA needs to just shut it and get rid of the guns.
            Last edited by sev_zeytun; 04-18-2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I really doubt we are going to get gun control legislation passed under this administration. People felt the same way after what happened at Columbine High School and nothing got done.

Comment

If more people were packing a gun at the school, this dumb ass wouldn't have made it as far. So the "gun control" argument can go either way on this ... less guns and more guns might both have resulted in a better outcome.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

I am still on the agreement for less guns though. I heard that in European countries like England people are not allowed to own guns so the annual gunshot fatalities are 5 or 6. On the other hand, in the US the annual gunshot fatallities are over 10,000. England has 60.6 million people and the US has 300 million people. If Britain's population was also 300 million they would only be losing about 25 people a year while the US loses 10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                    If more people were packing a gun at the school, this dumb ass wouldn't have made it as far. So the "gun control" argument can go either way on this ... less guns and more guns might both have resulted in a better outcome.
                    I'm with Sip on this one. You can't take guns on a public campus even with conceal and carry permit, so no one could do anything until police arrived.

The gun control legislature does not work for the simple reason that the people who are out shooting people are not buying their guns legally and registering them, etc. The laws are targeted at the wrong people.

On the flip side of that, if guns were more widely available, I think most would think twice before pulling a gun on someone.

You can't compare to European countries because there are sooooo many other differences. Besides, the military issues a rifle to every 18+ yo male in Switzerland and they don't lose their tempers and go shoot people.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X