Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Little Armenia Clean up Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahannam
    ummm, khoskt meghrov gdrem, 8) I dunno yete Tashnagtsootyan khosk ge zarnessgor... but when has that happened?
    when have spiourkahye marmins made decisions about Haiastan's interior policy or whatever...??

lol, khoskt meghrov gdrem...good stuff..

The whole point of a goosagtsootyoon is to get involved in Armenia's interior policy. Tashnagtsootyoon, for instance, has about 10-13% of the seats there. My whole point is, if you are not living there, you shouldn't be affiliated with a party that wants to make policy there.

Maybe we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

WOW I lost lot of things this past period. I cam to add my thing too for AYF

OK Dashnaktutiun was the only kusaktutiun which kept the armenian spirit
      for generations in Spiourkahye communities. All the rest are crap. U can't compare dashnaktutiun of Armenia with the one in Spiourk, because they are totally TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. the one in armenia is for pure political reasons, but the one in Spiourk NOT. ARF anf AYF are the major organizations who do the Haykakan Dastiarakachutiun among hyes.

I lived among ramkavars, protestand hyes, and no one had a clue whats an ARMENIAN. Unlike kids who had been involved with AYF, and etc, they
      knew their language, their history, their religion and of course they were feeling HYE. and i join these group because i feel that way!

And I never saw any Ho-He-Ta organization from Spiourk to get involved and give instructions to the Armenian Government. And if it did, for sure
      Robik would listen to them, mmmhmmm!

closing my speech, Ho-He-Ta is for one and only reason: Staying hye,
      H-Y-E! that's all. (just to mention i was talking about spiourk)

PEace 8)

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
        WOW I lost lot of things this past period. I cam to add my thing too for AYF

OK Dashnaktutiun was the only kusaktutiun which kept the armenian spirit
        for generations in Spiourkahye communities. All the rest are crap. U can't compare dashnaktutiun of Armenia with the one in Spiourk, because they are totally TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. the one in armenia is for pure political reasons, but the one in Spiourk NOT. ARF anf AYF are the major organizations who do the Haykakan Dastiarakachutiun among hyes.

I lived among ramkavars, protestand hyes, and no one had a clue whats an ARMENIAN. Unlike kids who had been involved with AYF, and etc, they
        knew their language, their history, their religion and of course they were feeling HYE. and i join these group because i feel that way!

And I never saw any Ho-He-Ta organization from Spiourk to get involved and give instructions to the Armenian Government. And if it did, for sure
        Robik would listen to them, mmmhmmm!

closing my speech, Ho-He-Ta is for one and only reason: Staying hye,
        H-Y-E! that's all. (just to mention i was talking about spiourk)

PEace 8)
        Interesting and valid points. However, you can not claim that the Ho Hi ta is the only thing keeping armenians armenian, and that all armenians who pass by there are amazing armenians. You also cannot compare the "particular" armenian community of LA to the armenian communities everywhere else. On the whole, the ARF has done a pretty good job in keeping the Armenian Diaspora armenian, although I will always disagree with the stance it had towards Armenia in the Soviet Era, but that is strictly an opinion. However, the ARF has also created a certain segregation between Tashnags and non-Tashnags, which I find is unhealthy for our people. Many have even fallen into fanaticism, which is, in my humble opinion, exaggerated.

So what am I saying (once again)? Diasporans are all looking to preserve our culture right? Miootyoone zorootyoon che? Would we not be more powerful if we all worked together, and dropped these allegiances with political parties who, as you said, do not even exist in the same form as they once did?

Comment

hahahaha.. Fire.. it's like you read my mind!!!
          I just didn't wanna say it out loud so that people don't start calling me a racist. I applaud you. you had the guts!
          "Mah gam Azadootyoon" all the way...
          8)

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
            hahahaha.. Fire.. it's like you read my mind!!!
            I just didn't wanna say it out loud so that people don't start calling me a racist. I applaud you. you had the guts!
            "Mah gam Azadootyoon" all the way...
            8)
            "Mah gam azadootyoon", or even more amazing "miayn zenkov ga hayots prgootyoon". Very beautiful stuff to sing, and many scream it at the top of their lungs. What if, heroo ella, a war did break out? I believe only a few young armenians (regardless of political affiliation) would be willing to go, and from them, the fathers of many would object saying it's too dangerous. Take the Artsakh war, how many people from Montreal went to fight? 10? How many had been screaming AZAD ARTSAKH, ANGAKH HAYASTAN, MAH GAM AZADOOTYOON the whole time leading up to the event? Thousands and thousands. Barab khosker. Even now, there are songs being sung about how "Istambule bidi lini aryan dzov". Words that no longer have any relevency, yet thousands cling on to them as if they were written by God himself.

So talking about Ramgavars or non-ARF members makes you a racist? Are we not part of the same race anymore? This is what I was talking about when I mentioned segregation between armenians. apsosali...

Comment

not literally a "racist"... perhaps a revolutionist? is what I meant to say...
              come on ... as we all know... as soon as we say something like "tashnagtsootsagans are the most hairenaser" and stuff ike that, non tashnags get all offended inch kidnaminch.
              it's like come on... don't just try to deny... PROVE yourself...
              and I'm pretty sure you just got kinda mad cuz I said this!
              hehe
              it's all good

Comment

Have I proven myself yet?

I know of many tashnags who haven't. My point? amen goghmen amen inch ga. But yes, I will admit that tashnags usually SHOW their hayrenasirootyoon more than others. They are also more into the historic, fedayi aspect of Armenia, and it's quite normal that stories of Serop, Sosse, Antranig, yevayln will give you this surge of patriotism. I am personally against putting our flag EVERYWHERE, as I find that it cheapens it, and I'm also not much of the turkish flag burning type, so at first glance, you might think that I am not as patriotic, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. Also, screaming "GETSÉ HAYASDAN, CHARTENK TOORKEROON" etc, does not provide me with much satisfaction. Does that mean I care less about TODAY'S Armenia, I think it's quite the opposite.

And btw, I was only mad at your use of the word "racist", cause it was a flagrant proof of what I had been saying all along about goosagtsootyoons seperating armenians instead of uniting them. I would like to think that that was just a really bad formulation on your part. Besides that, I NORMALLY won't get angry at you for having your way of thinking, as long as I can keep mine, and we can work TOGETHER.

Comment

You're right too Baron, but still Ho-He-Ta RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't mind me I'm just postwhoring through.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

hyem yes hyes du vax ko tsav tanem yes

Comment

Working...
                      X