Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh, lookit, I got such brilliant replies to my question. Psshh. Only Baron paid attention it seems! Now that we have more regular posters, someone reply, would you??
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Trying? Hmm...
      When you feel lonely, depressed and inadequate in every sense, and then two members of your family die. Luck and my lack of will got me out...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
        What has been the most catastrophic event, the most trying state you have endured, the time when you feel cornered, pushed to the limit and could almost feel your defenses cracking but there was just one way to go-- forward. What do you think is the best source of motivation, strength in such a situation?
        I would say around my 7th, 8th, and 9th grade..three years in a row three of my relatives died...I felt so helpless..like somekind of curse had been put on my family...and at that time I seriously thought that I would be the next to go, my take on it was that since all of their birthdays were in September and mine was in semptember aswell then it would be my turn soon...now that I think about it I think I was selfish for woring about my life rather than being there for my dad and mom who were more close to our relatives then I was....It was hard on our family, but we managed to move on, what else can you do, right?
        The only motivation I had to move on with my life was that in 7th grade when my cousin died, not of natural causes, he was killed, and the police didnt do shlt to find who did it, I promised myself that one day when I can afford a private investigator or someone that can help me find the a$$whole who did it, not so I can get revenge, just to know WHY?

Comment

Well, I've had a family member die every year for the past 7 years. Nobody has died yet this year, but there's 8 months left.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
            Well, I've had a family member die every year for the past 7 years. Nobody has died yet this year, but there's 8 months left.
            And you feel cool about that because???

Comment

Well, I'm sure most of you know about my father's passing this past year. That was the most difficult time of my life. In fact, the pain is getting worse as time goes by. But, I have learned how to cope with this loss by sharing my thoughts with my mother....as well as my good friends. I don't think anyone can get up after having gone through such a major ordeal all by themselves. I think it takes a strong family support to get through every day, knowing that there is a HUGE part of your life missing. Oh yea, laughing and joking also helps me a lot. Also, when I want to cry, I don't care where I am..I will find a private little space..and cry. I think it's the worst thing to have to hide your feelings or keep them bottled up inside. Let it out!!! All is well with the world when you have a strong sense of self and encouragement from your family/friends.

Armel, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on...I heard Satan's always willing to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Inna
                And you feel cool about that because???
                Where do you get the idea I think it's cool? Because of the smiley face? To me that smiley face looks like a sideways frown, not a "cool" face, so that's why I put it.

Thank You. Come again.

Emil

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
                  Armel, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on...I heard Satan's always willing to listen.
                  That is true, and he is the first shoulder I turn to when I need one.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
                    Where do you get the idea I think it's cool? Because of the smiley face? To me that smiley face looks like a sideways frown, not a "cool" face, so that's why I put it.

Thank You. Come again.

Emil
                    yes..the smiley face just gave the impression ....thanks for clearing it up for me

Comment

What has been the most catastrophic event-Lakers/San Antonio Game 6 2003 playoffs
                      the most trying state you have endured- Texas

the time when you feel cornered pushed to the limit and could almost feel your defenses cracking but there was just one way to go-- forward.- Like this season
                      What do you think is the best source of motivation, strength in such a situation? Winning one for Karl, GP, Phil's 10th championship to pass Red Auerbach. And of course the celebration

Comment

Working...
                      X