Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dicey!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dicey!!!

hi i didn't properly introduce myself; my name's phil allardice; i'm 18 and live in manchester, uk; im armenian/scottish.

i have the tendancy to think too much about the future like always planning xxxx; i have a life plan for fricks sake! n that is be a music therapist, yoga teacher and have a armenian wife/ kids n living somewhere sunny by the beach; thats all i need in this life baby.

ok now u know abit about me but to be honest im more interested in u than me

Re: Dicey!!!

Originally posted by Dice View Post
    hi i didn't properly introduce myself; my name's phil allardice; i'm 18 and live in manchester, uk; im armenian/scottish.

i have the tendancy to think too much about the future like always planning xxxx; i have a life plan for fricks sake! n that is be a music therapist, yoga teacher and have a armenian wife/ kids n living somewhere sunny by the beach; thats all i need in this life baby.

ok now u know abit about me but to be honest im more interested in u than me
    Welcome to the forum kind sage.

I hope you like it and enjoy your time. Everyone here is pretty friendly and warm, even though we can get a little sarcastic at times, don't let that bother you.

Feel at home and post early and post often.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

welcome bro

Comment

Welcome to the Forum
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Ah, so you are of the same heritage as our beloved Hovhaness!

What instrument do you play?

Comment

thanks dudes
            i play the tar, bouzouki, piano and guitar

my uncle plays the piano and cos my armenians like a direct translation from english, was getting pissed off at me for complimenting him by saying 'du piano lav es khraroum' he said its 'du piano lav es nivagoum' khraroum is like playing with a toy and nivagoum is like to perform on an instrument. dunno why i told you that, you probably know but ye i got so mixed up over the two words ye i think ther should be an english equivalent now

anyway cya dudes around

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
              thanks dudes
              i play the tar, bouzouki, piano and guitar

my uncle plays the piano and cos my armenians like a direct translation from english, was getting pissed off at me for complimenting him by saying 'du piano lav es khraroum' he said its 'du piano lav es nivagoum' khraroum is like playing with a toy and nivagoum is like to perform on an instrument. dunno why i told you that, you probably know but ye i got so mixed up over the two words ye i think ther should be an english equivalent now

anyway cya dudes around
              Nice. Is the bouzouki a Greek instrument? Guitar is my main instrument.

I know what you mean b/c Armenian is my second language as well. Btw the word for piano is dashnak.

Comment

haha ye i kept saying piano he didn't corrected me but thanks i learnt a new word woo!

ye bouzoukis greek.

cool that u play guitar ...electric or acoustic?

Comment

welcome dice. I'm interested in musicotherapy myself (and my main instruments are guitar and piano), but my route to pursue it would be to volunteer in a hospital that already has such a program in existence and learn from the seasoned professionals. In my case, I know one such musicotherapist and I hope to be able to commute to the hospital from school during weekdays in order to meet with him, he's already told me he's more than willing to show me the ropes, and I already greatly admire the man as a musician, I got to know him because he'd visit my guitarist in his hospital room (he has leukemia and is due to return to the hospital soon).

I'm also interested in this field because it will bring me face to face with sick people in hospitals who could really use someone to brighten their day... Most of these patients don't get many visits, it's hard to imagine how they can upkeep their moral in such a place. I also want to at least witnessing a reality other than one where everyone is healthy 98% of the time, I want to transform to be concerned more for the health of people in general, and not just my circles.

Comment

jgk3 that is awesome man,

i didnt know one could get training through a hospital i thought you had to go through the whole university crap for years...well ill check it out.

i know what you mean, i totally get you man..it's about getting rid of one's own selfishness and feelings of superiority he might have behind his ego and it's the process of facing one's fears about being ill, sick or just not feeling good or whatever and gearing your life towards becoming a compassionate/value giving and positive person who can help people express themselves and in the process expose them to their own positive energy. it's definately something that interests me also man. cool to see some like minded peeps here

Comment

Working...
                    X