Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Parev/hello from Istanbul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parev/hello from Istanbul

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Turks committed such an act. It's part of their Mongoloid nature.
    These words of yours are not nice at all. As you should know from my introduction, I am against discrimination of ALL types.

Yes, Ittihat and Terrakki fascists (and the fascist thugs they hired for the genocide) were a disgrace to humanity.But why generalise about Turks ? I will tell you more on these issues later in other sections. I will tell you what I think were the main factors behind the genocide and behind the denial that has gone on till now.

But, please, no more such words.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      Well I woundn't want to hear that you got your troat cut kneeling in front of the Ataturk's statue by your ultra nationalist brothers for denouncing the collective while you are cozying up with Armenian dogs .....those Turks don't bluff my Turkish friend.
      No nationalist is my brother or friend, man ! Just because those fascists are Turks, you don't have to relate them to me. I dislike ALL nationalists.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
        My grandfather was a commie and fought in the Greek civil war against the right. But I have never really sympathized with communism or for that matter the anarchists. Communism may be good as an idea, but in practice it doesn`t really work. On the hand hand, capitalism is far from perfect, we can see how the states bails out the banks; I mean what kind of capitalism is that? First the bankers takes enormous risks and then if things goes wrong, the tax payers will have to pay for their wrongdoings. This is so wrong.

As for the anarchists, why can`t they demonstrate peacefully? Why do they have to burn cars, shops and destroy other peoples' property? I have never really understood that.

Speaking of soccer, I`m a soccermaniac! I would love to go to Euro 2012. But personally, I think watching the matches on TV is so much more comfortable and safer I think.

Which team do you support in Turkey?
        I fully agree with your words, dear Alexandros. I sometimes go to political events and work together with communists and other leftists (in our struggle against fascists) but I actually see myself as an internationalist liberal democrat.

I like soccer a lot but I have been against the idea of supporting a team since about 10 years ago (I can tell you my reasons later). Before that, I was supporting Besiktas Istanbul. So, I am one of the few people in this world who like soccer without supporting a team

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          ^^^They have shown me photoes of mutilated bodies of PKK fighters dragged with ropes in front of Ataturks statue......Graywolf style.
          The Grey Wolves and their sympathisers are fascists. Ignore them. I mean, see them as a disgrace to humanity. That's what I do.

Don't you have fascist groups in Armenia similar to Grey Wolves ? Most countries have got them unfortunately.

Comment

Wow. It is really tiring to answer all the questions and make comments on posts, one by one But I have tried to do that.

But, I would be grateful if you mainly ask me non-political questions in this section. I can discusss the political/historical stuff in the relevant sections of the forum. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Antifascist View Post
              These words of yours are not nice at all. As you should know from my introduction, I am against discrimination of ALL types.

Yes, Ittihat and Terrakki fascists (and the fascist thugs they hired for the genocide) were a disgrace to humanity.But why generalise about Turks ? I will tell you more on these issues later in other sections. I will tell you what I think were the main factors behind the genocide and behind the denial that has gone on till now.

But, please, no more such words.
              Many Turks willingly supported the Genocidal efforts during the early 1900s, which included acts against innocent people that only backwards, nomadic tribes would do. If not participating then supporting vocally. Till this day many see the barbarism as justified - such people have no place in the civilised world.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Dear Artashes,

I am someone who feels very bad and also angry about what happened to Armenians in 1915 (and also before 1915; as you possibly know, massacres happened between around 1890 and 1915 too). So I am someone who sympathises fully with you. I will later tell you more about how I became more and more sensitive on this issue; this is the introductory section of the forum so I don't want to get too much into such stuff here in this section.
                I personally am interested in your :more sensitive comment:
                I have only met a Turk 3 times . I always walk up to within arms reach and tell them I am Armenian.
                On every occasion not a word was spoken . I did not acknowledge them from that time one.
                Except for a participant at some in this forum by the handle " Vagharshapat" who is a Turkish citizen I have never experienced a Turk that conveyed any decency or humanity.
                My family has told me from first hand experience that at no time since the very first time your kind attacked my family and throughout all of the hundreds of years of subjugation that even at the least harsh of the years your ancestors never truly treated use with respect and that their was --- always--- the understanding
                That they had the right to do physical evil to us at any time --- because they were TURKS
                I am interested in how you became ? Aware of my family.
                Artashes

Comment

I failed to include this that my family told me about their experience with Turkish subjugation :
                  :no matter how hard we worked
                  No matter how humble we were
                  No matter how decently and humanely we treated them
                  They never respected our person
                  Artashes

Comment

Sorry for multiple posts my editor is on vacation and the secretary didn't show up( again ).
                    A burning question I have for you : what are your compatriots that you walk amongst in your daily life persepsions about all the people that have ( vanished ). Do they ever question why that place has so many Turks
                    and every one else is a minority?
                    Artashes

Comment

Parev/hello from Istanbul.

I am an anti-fascist. I oppose fascism and nationalism of ANY KIND.
                      Cem
                      Paaaaaaaaaaaarev - paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarev!

I see you are a real anti-fascist, therefore you have a lot to do in Turkey; alas it will take time for you fighting 70m-50m= 20,000,000 seljuk-Turks.

But I see you are brave man and you started to fight fascism outside of Turkey; first.

Good luck and don't forget fighting the rest of fascists in Turkey, at the end!!!

But please be careful at "opposing fascism and nationalism of ANY KIND" inside Turkey. We don't have too many anti-fascist fighters there, take care.
                      Last edited by gegev; 05-14-2012, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X