Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

hye 4 life? or just wen ur bak home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hye 4 life? or just wen ur bak home?

Im the only hye in my area...n im proud!

But does anyone here feel somewhat isolated because there isnt enough of us lovely people round?

i Mean who actually knows what an Armenian is??
    "oh i didnt know it was a country!" - quoted!
    frustratin aint it?

I know what an Armenian is.

Comment

Originally posted by oNe-wAy
      I know what an Armenian is.
      lol....hey u must b the 1st!!
      i swear when people dont even know where it is it makes u wanna screaaaaam!!

Comment

I know exactly how you feel.

American: "So what nationality (they mean ethnicity!) are you??"
        Me: "I'm Armenian"
        American: "Oh Romanian"
        Me: "..Armenian"
        American: "Oh Albanian"
        Me: "...no..Armenian?"
        American: "Where's that??"
        Me: lecture about Armenia
        American: "wow...cool"
        Me: *sigh*

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
          I know exactly how you feel.

American: "So what nationality (they mean ethnicity!) are you??"
          Me: "I'm Armenian"
          American: "Oh Romanian"
          Me: "..Armenian"
          American: "Oh Albanian"
          Me: "...no..Armenian?"
          American: "Where's that??"
          Me: lecture about Armenia
          American: "wow...cool"
          Me: *sigh*
          She just stole one of MY quoted conversations! J/K

It's frustrating, but at the same time, kind of fun in a wierd way....because it's unique. But I make it a point to make my ethnicity known. And the stares you get around here just because you're blasting some Paul Baghdadlian on your car stereo.....priceless. But a lot of my friends have actually become enthralled with learning about the culture after I introduced them to it.

Comment

Originally posted by slickesthye
            lol....hey u must b the 1st!!
            i swear when people dont even know where it is it makes u wanna screaaaaam!!
            Lol, I'm Armenian though, I was making a joke.

Anyway, yeah. People outside of this city don't really know what an Armenian is. I gotta walk 'em through it. Tell them a few times- "No, we're not terrorists, no we don't live with Osama bin Laden.."

Comment

It's really bad at my school. There are only 4 Armenians including me and well it gets annoying after a while when you have to keep explaining where Armenia is and its Armenian not Albanian or whatever else they call it.

Comment

^ I rather have it like your school. At mine, every Armenian gets stereotyped. If I try talking to a girl, who isn't Armenian, they'll be like, "Oh he's Armenian. He probably has a Mercedes and comes to school looking like [describes rabiz people]."

Even my friends poke fun at it. They always say stuff like, "Hey Armen, how come you don't act like the rest of the Armenians?" I always say, "We're not all like that, and you guys know that by now."

Going to a school with almost no Armenians is cool because at my cousin's school, they look up to Armenians. My cousins act the way they do, and everyone there thinks Armenians are cool, so everytime I see them- they always tell me, "Yeah! Another Armenian. You guys are so cool."

Ya feel it?

Comment

Originally posted by oNe-wAy
                  ^ I rather have it like your school. At mine, every Armenian gets stereotyped. If I try talking to a girl, who isn't Armenian, they'll be like, "Oh he's Armenian. He probably has a Mercedes and comes to school looking like [describes rabiz people]."

Even my friends poke fun at it. They always say stuff like, "Hey Armen, how come you don't act like the rest of the Armenians?" I always say, "We're not all like that, and you guys know that by now."

Going to a school with almost no Armenians is cool because at my cousin's school, they look up to Armenians. My cousins act the way they do, and everyone there thinks Armenians are cool, so everytime I see them- they always tell me, "Yeah! Another Armenian. You guys are so cool."

Ya feel it?
                  =P Oh ya I feel it

Comment

Originally posted by slickesthye
                    Im the only hye in my area...n im proud!

But does anyone here feel somewhat isolated because there isnt enough of us lovely people round?

i Mean who actually knows what an Armenian is??
                    "oh i didnt know it was a country!" - quoted!
                    frustratin aint it?

i get that all the time.

american: whats a armenian? did u make that up?
                    me: no. why the hell would i do that?
                    amercian: no seriously where r u from?
                    me: armenia, do i have to show u a map?
                    american: u know its mean to lie to people
                    me: *walking away*

Comment

Working...
                    X