Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kurdistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurdistan

So do you think that the USA and the world should have allowed for a kurdistan to be formed out of Northern Iraq? Because Turkey, Syria, and Iran, are never going to give up land, and Northern Iraq would be more than sufficient. Also with a creation of a homeland, many Kurds in other countries would migrate "home" over time. I know there would be many Kurds who'd complain and still want to claim more land, however, that would pass. I just think there was never a better time to do this (and it should be done) since the Treaty of Sevres and that with Iraq coming to an end that the time frame allowing for the creation of a Kurdish state has passed, and i don't think it will ever come up again for quite some time.

Re: Kurdistan

Kurds lay claim over a very vast tract of territory and it's not like in the case of Armenians where most of our claims are in Turkey and Azerbaijan. Funny thing is, they claim the same lands we do in Turkey.

In order to create this vast Kurdistan, they'd need a superpower that would trump Turkey, Syria, Iran and Iraq simultaneously. Who is in a position to upset every power in the Middle East and unite them against a common threat similar to the creation of Israel right now? This is why their threat is better left checked by the aforementioned nations, and it's not easy (if not suicidal) for a country like the US to get in the way at a time like this. They will likely lose all their military bases in Turkey, and Turkey would switch over to Russia's side completely.

If the Kurds want anything attainable, perhaps they can keep Northern Iraq. I don't know what their fate will be by continuing to aggravation of Turkey, even if they achieve its eventual disintegration. They are afterall, squatters there.

Comment

Kurds are squatters in Occupied Armenia, but they have more claim to the area then the turks, as they are native to the Near East and an Iranic people.

I think kurds should continue to strengthen their autonomy in northern iraq and wait for conditions to be ripe for them to become independent. But their goal of "kurdistan" is unrealistic on many fronts, not just the political but also the logistical. What would kurds do with those vast areas, certainly they are in no position to develop those lands.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

i'm not talking about giving the kurds, the giant Kurdistan they envision. I'm am saying give them northern Iraq.

Like somewhere from Iraq's border with Turkey to somewhere between the red and yellow lines. Many Kurds would migrate their, and they could have kirkuk which is a source of economic income for the country. Turkey, Syria, and Iran would not be required to give up land, and over time the Kurds would stop claiming those areas as theirs. On the plus side there'd still be tension between Turkey and them, giving us an ally in the middle east based on the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Comment

Well read my post again and see that I am not against the idea of a kurdish state in what is now northern iraq. And yes, we would have an ally against turkey.

Also, I would rather see Assyrians get a homeland in the middle east, but that has less of chance of ocurring, because of their low population and the infighting amongst them.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            Well read my post again and see that I am not against the idea of a kurdish state in what is now northern iraq. And yes, we would have an ally against turkey.

Also, I would rather see Assyrians get a homeland in the middle east, but that has less of chance of ocurring, because of their low population and the infighting amongst them.
            my other post was in reference to jgk3's post

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
            In order to create this vast Kurdistan, they'd need a superpower that would trump Turkey, Syria, Iran and Iraq simultaneously.
            i guess i should have put that in there

Comment

I'm curious, how much does Turkey or Syria resist the idea of allowing northern Iraq to become a Kurd state?

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                I'm curious, how much does Turkey or Syria resist the idea of allowing northern Iraq to become a Kurd state?
                turkey enough to invade it, and syria enough to support turkey in its invasion and to issue diplomatic hints to the kurds and iraq that they will not tolerate an independent kurdistan. Iran is just as against the idea of kurdistan as the above two.

Comment

I see. Well I hope that satisfies ara87's wondering on the potentiality of a free Kurdistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                    turkey enough to invade it, and syria enough to support turkey in its invasion and to issue diplomatic hints to the kurds and iraq that they will not tolerate an independent kurdistan. Iran is just as against the idea of kurdistan as the above two.
                    You make a deal though, signed by Turkish, Syrian, Iranian, Kurdish leaders, as well as the US, and various European countries, that if a free Kurdistan is established in N. Iraq that the Turkey, Syria, and Iran will recognize it as long as Kurdistan gives up all claims to those countries lands, which they will b/c they know it's to good of an opportunity to pass by

Comment

Working...
                    X