Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

MilitaryPhotos.Net and Armenian representation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MilitaryPhotos.Net and Armenian representation

One site that is multicultural with many members,point of meeting for any defence material lovers.
    Considering the above i can say that we need more Armenians there to point the truth and show the Armenian side in some discussion threads...it is very easy to shut up there turkish and azeri members which i personally enjoy so much considering of how many views and people will see there humiliation.

Another problem is that is some way all armenian related topics just tend to disappear in oblivion just like somebody tries to hide them from the public if you search you can find many examples of that.

here is a link to an armenian related discussion :http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ijan-31-8-2010
    Last edited by UrMistake; 09-02-2010, 03:45 PM.

Re: MilitaryPhotos.Net and Armenian representation

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post

One site that is multicultural
    Yep - war is multicultural, an equal opportunities killer, death does not discriminate and all blood is the same colour.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The level of debate and content very poor.

Does not stand to comparison with Hyeclub despite the occasional flareups.

I am referring to the thread above.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        Yep - war is multicultural, an equal opportunities killer, death does not discriminate and all blood is the same colour.

Things have picked up for Armenians on that site as I left there URMistake. You should have seen it before I was Banned (well worth it), Turks were running out of control, however they are still protected.

What has helped also is the rift between Israelis and Kemalists there.....however they both still hoping for Erdogans end of reign so things can be like before. Watch out for that BorisA, he is a hard one to crack and he has the full backing of the main Mod (Hollis).
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          Best quote of yous bell Bravo !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

Things have picked up for Armenians on that site as I left there URMistake. You should have seen it before I was Banned (well worth it), Turks were running out of control, however they are still protected.

What has helped also is the rift between Israelis and Kemalists there.....however they both still hoping for Erdogans end of reign so things can be like before. Watch out for that BorisA, he is a hard one to crack and he has the full backing of the main Mod (Hollis).
            That sucks. So its basically been infiltrated by Turks, Azeri, pro-Turks, etc?
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              The level of debate and content very poor.

Does not stand to comparison with Hyeclub despite the occasional flareups.

I am referring to the thread above.
              And they have very strange google ads. "What's left by your Hemostatic?" WTF is a hemostatic. And why has google decided that war-obsessed geeks need them, and need ones that don't leave behind "fine clay particles" like unnamed competitors hemostatics.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                Watch out for that BorisA, he is a hard one to crack and he has the full backing of the main Mod (Hollis).
                Really? I always thought the mods were pretty fair on that site. You have some links to threads where they were biased?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                  That sucks. So its basically been infiltrated by Turks, Azeri, pro-Turks, etc?
                  The site is pro Zionist and the Turks there are old members. They maintain a political correctness based on same Western political views. I have seen Islamic Turks get banned for no good reason other than to question the Kemalist Turks. Azeris do not last there due to their behavior. The site is not anti Armenian but pro Israeli and very protective of Turks.

There is a sticky on that Forum dates back to 5 years ago started by the Mods as a warning to Turkish members. Apparently there were having problems with them and one Turkish member threatening the life of a Moderator and at one point all Turks were banned. Some claimed that the one member who threatened was masquerading as a Turk. Either way suggestion was to have a Turkish member moderate the Turkish threads. I think they ended up using a pro Turkish Zionist Mod instead.

The way I saw it was, for example, a Turk could easily get away from making a derogatory remark on any Armenian member (very few in MP.net) but the Armenians could not do exactly that without getting a warning and had to be careful how he words his sentence or he would get an infraction. The few older Armenian members in mp.net hardly ever post in Armenian or Turkish related threads (I wonder why, how can they stay quite), usually it s a new member. Regardless, it is there website and I have no complains about how they run it (in fact I never complained to them even once, in fact I told them that me and Turks don’t get along), I am just warning that one must tread carefully which makes it more challenging.
                  They kept my account active for a long time regardless of hundreds of infractions, tens of 2 week suspensions, flood of reports by Turks, closed threads, erased threads, posts, etc… (bear in mind I never troll, use bad language, start anti Turkish threads, or make direct personal attacks, however I don’t let Turks get away with their bull) I think most mods agreed with me but they have to keep that political correctness and Turkey as an ally.

I pretty much timed my own departure from there on purpose....their photo threads are awesome. Thanks to berjuin, ArmeniaR and a few others the Armenian Armed Forces thread stays updated.
                  After I left I noticed that two other Armenian members got banned though, not sure why.

Originally posted by Muhaha
                  Really? I always thought the mods were pretty fair on that site. You have some links to threads where they were biased?
                  Are you kidding? Most are erased, modified, or locked up in the archives. You won’t be able to tell how it actually went down even if you read it now.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                  X