Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
    Lol i dont agree with many stuff of ur opinion but i will defent ur right to say it to my last drop of blood.
    I dont feel that i need to read the above writers i have mind and opinion of my own.
    But some times i do reserch in there works but only to understand some issues.

if you read our writers
    you may discover that
    i belong to an authentic armenian literary tradition
    which is known as that of dissent and criticism;
    and our present leadership today
    belongs to another tradition
    which may best be described
    as that of corrupt and incompetent bunglers
    whose sole aim in life
    is not the welfare of the people
    but their own powers and privileges.

Comment

anyone interested in Njdeh
      will find his writings (in Armenian) in the following link:

http://hhk.am/ library/njdehhat yntir.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
        good human beings?
        are you one of them?
        Do you think so? Or I should say only God will know if I am or if I am not.

some smart ass?
        do you mean an ottomanized bastard?
        Do you think he should be ottomanized to be one? Personally, I have seen some turks to be and then again some Armenians to be as well.

Comment

i once received the following message:

"I am a proud Armenian."

signed "Anonymous"
          ... and how would you define and sum it up that statement?

I think that he is proud to be Armenian and happy that he was born Armenian. Perhaps he really meant it and sincere. He doesn't have to be looked down or talked down to because he said it, does he?
          Last edited by Anoush; 07-04-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

armenians who have not read our writers --
            from khorenatsi and naregatsi
            and from raffi, baronian, and odian
            to zohrab and zarian --
            have no business in criticizing me.
            beside them i am a regular sweetheart.
            No one said that you don't have writing talents and abilities, even though at times some of us may disagree with some of your outlooks in life.

Ara, how is your health these days?
            Last edited by Anoush; 07-04-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

why is it that
              most good armenians on this very forum
              are too ashamed to identify themselves?
              These forums give you the choice to identify or not to identify yourself, thus giving you that choice or the luxury. Most or I should say almost all do not. As a writer I know that you have to; but the rest of us "mahganatsouners" just regular people we don't have to if we don't want to. Sometimes we do when we talk to each other on a more personal level through personal messages or e-mails, and some other people I have noticed they have met each other as they lived nearby. Though as a rule I don't know for instance who is Anonimouse, Federate, Seruven, Pedro or LebHye. I have noticed however that you are bothered by it as you have done it, but most in here do not when they don't have to.

Comment

why is it that
                most good armenians on this very forum
                are too ashamed to identify themselves?
                Eddo at your service, sir.............no relations to the Mayor.
                Last edited by Federate; 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM. Reason: Removal of name.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  Eddo at your service, sir.............no relations to the Mayor.
                  xxxx realy cause i were about asking a favor dam..
                  Last edited by Federate; 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM. Reason: Removal of name.

Comment

if you read our writers
                    you may discover that
                    i belong to an authentic armenian literary tradition
                    which is known as that of dissent and criticism;
                    and our present leadership today
                    belongs to another tradition
                    which may best be described
                    as that of corrupt and incompetent bunglers
                    whose sole aim in life
                    is not the welfare of the people
                    but their own powers and privileges.
                    So true but in the other side even a lil kid can notice it.
                    Are grownup people smarter than 10 year old?
                    Well we can find it in every 4 years at the voting polls.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                      xxxx realy cause i were about asking a favor dam..
                      Imagine my own surprise when I found out the name of the new Mayor…………..if anything I should be asking for favors.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X