Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Sunday, July 5, 2009
    JACKASSES
    I learned to read in time of war when books were luxuries beyond our means. We had only one in the house – a dilapidated elementary school anthology with black and white drawings. The story on page one was not so much a story as an exchange of insults:
    A street urchin to a donkey driver:
    “Good morning, mother of jackasses.”
    “Good morning, my son.”
    An exile is someone who lives in an alien country.
    A double exile is an exile whose homeland is ruled by aliens,
    and no one can be as alien as one's fellow countrymen.
    You cannot speak of freedom to a slave
    who cannot see or feel the weights of his chains.
    A fool who fools another fool
    thinks of himself as smart.
    Don't think of me as a writer or as an Armenian.
    Think of me as a fellow human being
    who writes not for readers
    but for his younger self
    when he was brainwashed, manipulated, and abused.
    A few years ago I wrote a series of short stories whose central character was named Jack S. Avanakian – an Armenian-American variation on Odian's Panchoonie.
    Once when asked by an interviewer what I was working on, I replied I was planning to write an autobiography titled “The Swan-Song of a Jackass.”
    “Why a jackass?”
    “Because only an obstinate jackass would go on writing for thirty years hoping against all hope to make a difference.”
    #

Comment

Do you think he should be ottomanized to be one? Personally, I have seen some turks to be and then again some Armenians to be as well.[/QUOTE]

i have met bastards from many nations;
      but none of them was as nasty
      as an ottomanized armenian bastard
      who thought of himself as an authentic/patriotic armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
        So true but in the other side even a lil kid can notice it.
        Are grownup people smarter than 10 year old?
        Well we can find it in every 4 years at the voting polls.
        i think perhaps you are talking about retards.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
          ... and how would you define and sum it up that statement?

I think that he is proud to be Armenian and happy that he was born Armenian. Perhaps he really meant it and sincere. He doesn't have to be looked down or talked down to because he said it, does he?
          i think most so-called "proud Armenians"
          are brainwashed to say they are proud Armenians.
          What can we be possibly be proud of, may i ask?
          of being slaves to barbarians for most of our historic existence?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            Eddo at your service, sir.............no relations to the Mayor.
            It was an Armenian with your name who first inspired me to dedicate my life to reading and writing.
            He was from Egypt.
            He committed suicide in Yerevan.
            His dad was an eminent Tashnag.
            Last edited by Federate; 03-12-2010, 01:55 PM. Reason: Removal of name.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
              No one said that you don't have writing talents and abilities, even though at times some of us may disagree with some of your outlooks in life.

Ara, how is your health these days?

my health?
              no one has ever asked me that question before.
              probably because they were afraid i would say i am okay.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
                i think most so-called "proud Armenians"
                are brainwashed to say they are proud Armenians.
                What can we be possibly be proud of, may i ask?
                of being slaves to barbarians for most of our historic existence?
                I don't know what the answer is, but aren't you being a bit too pessimistic or too critical about your anscestors and what they did or didn't do and what they should have or shouldn't have done? If we say that all we did throughout history were blunders and bad deeds than as a nation we might as well hang ourselves. I know and I understand and neither am I proud or happy the way things are in Armenia today (I mean about the corrupted government milking every inch of money that comes to Armenia, starting from Kirk Kirkorian's to any Armenian benevolent individual's money). I am well aware as you do that they keep the bulk of the people in poorhouses and they are immersed within a great deal of money, extravagances and plus they take out their bloody millions out of the country just in case they may have to give up on their reign. I am not proud for the way things are and how un-patriotic and extremely selfishly they are behaving; but Ara let's face it, the majority of Armenians are intelligent and brave. Unfortunately though the ones that reign suck.
                Last edited by Anoush; 07-05-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

my health?
                  no one has ever asked me that question before.
                  probably because they were afraid i would say i am okay.
                  Well I am and I mean well. How is your health? I promise you I am not like those who will be unhappy when you're well. We may disagree and bicker (sometimes more so than not); but I wouldn't wish you anything else but to have and enjoy a good health!

I have conversed with you a little in the past and you said that you've been through some health problems, that's why I'm asking. But you don't have to answer me if you don't want to.
                  Last edited by Anoush; 07-05-2009, 08:41 AM.

Comment

It was an Armenian by the name of Beglarian who first inspired me to dedicate my life to reading and writing.
                    He was from Egypt.
                    He committed suicide in Yerevan.
                    His dad was an eminent Tashnag.
                    I know of him. His father's name was Vahan Navasartian and the son's name was Beglar Navasartian not Beglarian. They were both extremely intelligent individuals and his father used to write for Housaper Daily from Egypt. His father used to direct every Armenian paper throughout the diaspora as he was very good with his pen and as I said intelligent, brave and demanding. He was my grandfather's friend from Egypt. However I have known of Eddo from his writings in here and I know that he is also a very intelligent and a good person.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 07-05-2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

i have met bastards from many nations;
                      but none of them was as nasty
                      as an ottomanized armenian bastard
                      who thought of himself as an authentic/patriotic armenian.
                      Ara, could you please elaborate what you mean by an Ottomanized Armenian?

Comment

Working...
                      X