Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
    Friday, July 3, 2009
    ON ARMENIANS
    There is a brown-noser and a bastard in all of us – the brown-noser is reserved for odars, the bastard for our fellow Armenians. Somewhere between the two there is a human being, but he is well-hidden.
    May God forbid he lets himself out to be nice. But thank goodness most people on this Forum are good human beings. I can vouch for that.

Dissatisfied with what you have just read? Your refund is in the mail.
    #
    Are you sure? What if some smart ass asks for an arm and a leg.
    Last edited by Anoush; 07-03-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
      May God forbid he lets himself out to be nice. But thank goodness most people on this Forum are good human beings. I can vouch for that.

Can I have an arm and leg...wait you didn't see that

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
        OK Pedro jan.

Comment

#
          Saturday, July 4, 2009
          UNTITLED
          Criticizing odars is a waste of time.
          They have critics of their own.
          They don't need our 2 cents.
          They might even tell you to go back where you came from.
          I speak from experience.
          If by criticizing others we try to cover up our own problems
          on the grounds that nobody is perfect,
          we delude ourselves.
          We may not know all there is to know about our past.
          Nobody does.
          But we should know one things for certain
          even if it may be hard for some of us to admit it.
          We should know that what we were told in our formative years,
          what we read in our papers today,
          and what our speechifiers and sermonizers tell us,
          is irrelevant nonsense.
          We should know that the dark pages in our history
          are not tragedies but blunders,
          and only when we see them as such
          may we arrest our downward spiral
          and be born again as a nation.
          #

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post

good human beings?
            are you one of them?

some smart ass?
            do you mean an ottomanized bastard?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
              why is it that
              most good armenians on this very forum
              are too ashamed to identify themselves?

Comment

i once received the following message:

"I am a proud Armenian."

signed "Anonymous"

Comment

Frankly stated: Armenia National Assembly Deputy Zaruhi Postanjyan’s got balls.

She represents the sort of fresh, youthful leadership that Armenia needs more of. Instead she has become a target for short-sighted “patriots” who still imagine that Armenia is the powerhouse of their distant ancestors’ day, rather than the poorhouse it is in contemporary regional and international debate.

While on diplomatic duty at the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) last weekend, Postanjyan introduced a document calling on the CE to re-think its position on the cleanup of the post-03/01/08 mess that has hung over Armenia like summertime pollution in the capital.

In getting her proposal to the floor (where it was defeated), Postanjyan secured the signatures of the Azeri and the Turkish delegation in support of her resolution that, among other things, called for the release of ALL “political prisoners” held in connection with 03/01.

Since returning from Strasbourg, the first-term MP and representative of the opposition Heritage Party, has been called a traitor, has been chastised by colleagues for her “lack of experience” and, we suspect, has likely been mocked by chauvinists as an example of what happens when you “send a woman to do a man’s job”. (A local rag referred to her as “a political xxxxx”.)

What a sorry reflection the controversy has been on the political community and the general public of Armenia, whose out-lash toward Postanjyan has only enforced perceptions of Armenia as an insecure tribal-oriented sufferer of victimization syndrome.

Criticism of Postanjyan (including comments by readers of ArmeniaNow) has insinuated or stated bluntly that, by engaging the support of a Turk and an Azeri the deputy betrayed Armenian blood spilled in Karabakh. Blinded by tri-color, such misplaced nationalism dismisses the considerable fact that Karabakh war veterans would have been among those released, had Postanjyan’s draft been realized. A Turk, and an Azeri voted in favor of releasing wrongly-held Armenian “warriors” (though we suspect they did not consider what their support implied). What other representative of this Armenia has achieved such a coup?

The deputy should have come home to praise rather than castigation. Regrettably, however, her nay saying counterparts in Parliament have forgotten what it is like (if they ever knew) to perform their duties for reasons other than self interests or political preservation. Instead, they pander to the sort of myopic hysteria that Postanjyan’s performance has elicited.

For sake of relevance, let us consider what else happened in Armenian diplomacy during this time frame . . .

President Serzh Sargsyan awarded Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili the Order of Honor, the highest honor a non-Armenian can receive.

The honored Saakashvili dictates anti-Armenian policy over 100,000 Armenians who are subjected to ethnic discrimination in the Georgian region of Javakhk. The same Saakashvili has favored Azerbaijan in regional matters, largely due to his enmity toward Russia.

Has anybody called Sargsyan a traitor for cozying up to the Georgian? Like Postanjyan, Sargsyan’s in his first term, too. Might such an arguable mis-step be seen as “inexperience”?

Let us agree that, at 37, Postanjyan is young for state duty. For sake of argument let’s stipulate that she made a youthful mistake. Like, perhaps, the mistake the faculty of Yerevan State University made when it bestowed upon Saakashvili a Gold Medal and Honorary Doctorate during his visit? Need we mention that President Sargsyan serves as president of the Board of Trustees at YSU?

Also this week . . .

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev visited Baku, where he implied that he supports a course of action regarding settling the Karabakh Problem that assures “territorial integrity”. In other words: Let the Armenians give back whatever they won, then things will be fine.

Serzh Sargsyan has sucked up to Moscow like a Hoover to a dustball. Does that make him a “traitor”? No, it makes him a cagey politician who understands who holds the power when neither he nor his nation does.

Why should Zaruhi Postanjyan be judged any differently?

On grounds of political principle, Postanjyan was right because IN PRINCIPLE it is wrong to hold political prisoners, and getting Turkish and Azeri politicians to support that point means they’d also have to support that point at home. Democrats uphold human rights; demagogues don’t.

The llink http://www.armenian ow.com/?action= viewArticle&AID=3894&CID=3704&IID=1242&lng=eng

Comment

armenians who have not read our writers --
                    from khorenatsi and naregatsi
                    and from raffi, baronian, and odian
                    to zohrab and zarian --
                    have no business in criticizing me.
                    beside them i am a regular sweetheart.
                    these were tough hombres with cojones
                    who were not afraid to say what they think,
                    unlike some of my readers
                    who seem to be scared sh*tless of their own shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
                      armenians who have not read our writers --
                      from khorenatsi and naregatsi
                      and from raffi, baronian, and odian
                      to zohrab and zarian --
                      have no business in criticizing me.
                      beside them i am a regular sweetheart.
                      these were tough hombres with cojones
                      who were not afraid to say what they think,
                      unlike some of my readers
                      who seem to be scared sh*tless of their own shadow.
                      Lol i dont agree with many stuff of ur opinion but i will defent ur right to say it to my last drop of blood.
                      I dont feel that i need to read the above writers i have mind and opinion of my own.
                      But some times i do reserch in there works but only to understand some issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X