Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    Armenians might be guilty of many things against themselves in the past under imense pressure but slavery and cowardliness was never one of them.......and if what you say is true and we are still who we are against all odds after everything that has happened then what it means is that we were never slaves or barbarians.........we were above that.

As you said, we are survivors...............if you consider us all slaves and helpless victims, then, you do not understand guys like hrai, and many others like him.

Our best is yet to come.
    we are above no one and nothing.
    we all swim in the same sh*t.
    to say otherwise is to speak as a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
      Ara, Inchou Khojali-i masin mechperum genes meg keroghe me aytkan var zarnelov Hay deghamartgants ou Hay Fedayineroun yev sagayn vochinch agnargoutyun ches ener tatarnerou, aysinken aysorva "azerinerou" animanali yev ahavoror parparosoutyunneroun i hanteb polor mer Hay joghovourti zavagneroun, gineroun, dzereroun ou deghamartgants aveli kan tare me iver irents erads parparosoutyunneroun masin? Minchev Khojaleei badahare ( vore i-michi aylots Rous zinvornern en vor hartsageren "azerineroun" vera ) tatarnere aysinken "azerinere" Hay gineroun, bezdigneroun ou polor Hay martgants louys aravodov kazanayeen-oren ou vayreni-oren hartsagelov mahatsoutsin hazaravor Hayer 1988-en 1992 tevagannerou devoghoutyan Sumgaiti, Bakui, Gandzaki, Maraghai, Shamkhori, Shamakhi-i, Karintaki, Shushi-i, Hadruti, Getasheni, Berdadzori, Sheki-i, Voskepari, Zakatali, Chartakhli-i yev Shahoumiani mech.

Tatarnerou yev gam "azerinerou" ayt polor ahreli vayrenioutyunnere iprev artar mart ararads inchou penav ches khosir, kerer ou madnanesher adonts masin? Arants negadi arnelou te tou Hay mart gam Hay kerogh es; payts iprev artar khosogh yev artar kerogh mart ararads.

my job is to expose our failings.
      we already know the failings of our enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
        Saturday, August 8, 2009
        HASGANOUM ES?
        To say we have problems but no solutions is a big lie.
        Our only problem is big lies and their dupes.
        Expose them and that will be the end of our problems.
        Our liars know this better than anyone else.
        As for our dupes: they are what they are
        because they prefer pleasant lies to painful truths.
        And the most painful truth of all
        is their identity as damn fools.
        We have failed to solve our problems
        because our dupes think of themselves as smart
        and our liars have done their utmost
        to brainwash them to believe that.
        How do you convince a fool that he is a fool?
        It can't be done!
        How do you convince liars they are liars?
        No need. They already know.
        How do you break up the bond
        that exists between liars and dupes?
        Impossible! It is like the marriage
        of the mythical irresistible force
        with the immovable object.
        There is no power in heaven and on earth
        that can budge them.
        That is the only way to explain
        the millennial existence of organized religions,
        all of which assert a monopoly on truth
        even as they go about contradicting one another.
        When liars and dupes conspire,
        honest men have as much chance
        as a drop of rain in the Sahara at high noon.
        That's the only way to explain why
        all honest men -- from Socrates and Jesus Christ
        to Gandhi and Solzhenitsyn -- have been silenced,
        exiled, persecuted, jailed, and crucified.
        Hasganoum es?
        #
        This could be written by Shahan Nathali.

Comment

Originally posted by Javakhk View Post
          Thank you very much! :-)

Actually we still have not much information on Javakhk in the English-language web. We need distribite our info.

For tis purposes we made the following purely English site (Travel Guide for Javakhk):
          http://travel.javakhk.net
          OK thanks. You just encouraged me to travel to Javakhk. In the near future definitely If there are any other ways to help you guys out in Javakhk, let us know please.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            OK thanks. You just encouraged me to travel to Javakhk. In the near future definitely
            Thank you very much! I know guys, who want to develop tourism in Javakhk, and they may help.

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            If there are any other ways to help you guys out in Javakhk, let us know please.
            The most appropriate thing to do now is to distribute information about Javakhk. How can this be done in Armenian (and non-Armenian) information resources of America?

Comment

Saturday, August 8, 2009
              HASGANOUM ES?
              To say we have problems but no solutions is a big lie.
              Our only problem is big lies and their dupes.
              Expose them and that will be the end of our problems.
              Our liars know this better than anyone else.
              As for our dupes: they are what they are
              because they prefer pleasant lies to painful truths.
              And the most painful truth of all
              is their identity as damn fools.
              We have failed to solve our problems
              because our dupes think of themselves as smart
              and our liars have done their utmost
              to brainwash them to believe that.
              How do you convince a fool that he is a fool?
              It can't be done!
              How do you convince liars they are liars?
              No need. They already know.
              How do you break up the bond
              that exists between liars and dupes?
              Impossible! It is like the marriage
              of the mythical irresistible force
              with the immovable object.
              There is no power in heaven and on earth
              that can budge them.
              That is the only way to explain
              the millennial existence of organized religions,
              all of which assert a monopoly on truth
              even as they go about contradicting one another.
              When liars and dupes conspire,
              honest men have as much chance
              as a drop of rain in the Sahara at high noon.
              That's the only way to explain why
              all honest men -- from Socrates and Jesus Christ
              to Gandhi and Solzhenitsyn -- have been silenced,
              exiled, persecuted, jailed, and crucified.
              Hasganoum es?
              #
              I couldnt agree with you more about the organized religion part but i will say that people, including you i guess, assume there are better solutions which the government is not trying out without really knowing what the government is faced with. We do not know what goes on in closed doors negotiations nor do we know what the stratagy of our leaders is. Armenia is faced with terrible odds and many difficult problems which would make it challenging for anyone to govern her. Armenia has to deal with much more powerfull nations whose interests often do not coinside with hers. Everyone thinks they will do a better job untill they get the job and realize show xxxxed they are.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Racism and sexism are the only two things stopping the modern man from being successful. There is only one way to the top of the mountain and if that means leaving everyone else to swim in the valley of sh*t, so be it.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Javakhk View Post
                  Thank you very much! I know guys, who want to develop tourism in Javakhk, and they may help.

The most appropriate thing to do now is to distribute information about Javakhk. How can this be done in Armenian (and non-Armenian) information resources of America?
                  I really don't know about America. But American-Armenians are way too focused on the Genocide issue and its recognition that they often tend to forget the importance and urgency of Javakhk's issue and even Artsakh. Maybe you can write to organisations such as ANCA, AGBU or People like Harout Sassounian who have a voice in the community.

By the way, why don't you make a thread here dedicated to Javakhk and post anything relevant to it there and pile up information, instead of posting here and there in different sub-forums which goes unnoticed at times?

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    I couldnt agree with you more about the organized religion part but i will say that people, including you i guess, assume there are better solutions which the government is not trying out without really knowing what the government is faced with. We do not know what goes on in closed doors negotiations nor do we know what the stratagy of our leaders is. Armenia is faced with terrible odds and many difficult problems which would make it challenging for anyone to govern her. Armenia has to deal with much more powerfull nations whose interests often do not coinside with hers. Everyone thinks they will do a better job untill they get the job and realize show xxxxed they are.
                    without popular support armenia can do nothing.
                    and the only way to have popular support is to be open.
                    sunlight is the best disinfectant.
                    Last edited by arabaliozian; 08-08-2009, 09:56 AM. Reason: missed word

Comment

Have it your way Ara, as you say we are a bunch of racist slaves who do not even measure up to barbarians (talk about putting one above the other).

I don’t know much about racism but it seems to be a double edge sword that can cut both ways…………it is the level of racism (the extend) that a man or a state is ready to go to that separates men from Barbarians, I would think.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X