Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    But American-Armenians are way too focused on the Genocide issue and its recognition that they often tend to forget the importance and urgency of Javakhk's issue and even Artsakh.
    That is to the point: one of the important stages of the Genocide took place in Javakhk during the Turkish attacks in 1918. Resistance of Akhaltskha and Akhalkalak to Turkish aggression is important. Please check the site www.Javakhk1915-23.com about that.

This means that for American-Armenians the Genocide is not an obstacle to understand Javakhk, but may be a direction to approach the problem of Javakhk.

I would say that Armenians of Javakhk themselves also are very focused in the Genocide.

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    By the way, why don't you make a thread here dedicated to Javakhk and post anything relevant to it there and pile up information, instead of posting here and there in different sub-forums which goes unnoticed at times?
    Good idea. Will do soon.
    :-)

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
      my job is to expose our failings.
      we already know the failings of our enemies.
      I understand the road you have taken and you wish to expose and exploit starting from the decadent clergy heads (that have been and are many from the times of Gomidas Vartabed who was extremely disappointed from the fatherhoods of Etchmiadsin and left them and went abroad), to our decadent and spoiled rich men and the uppercrust, to our selfish and self centered politicians in the homeland who think of themselves first and utmost it seems; but when it comes to defending our innocent children and women to live peacefully in Nagorno Karapagh from the "azeri" beasts and how our Fedayis lost their sweet lives to give their loving children a small peace of land for their security and to live in their homelands simply as human beings, then I cannot agree with you if you find fault in them. War is war and you cannot blame our Fedayis who fought with their fists to save their loved ones, their children, their wives and their elderly parents. What our brave Fedayis did was necessary to earn back that small piece of land that belonged to them. Our Fedayis fought in retaliation against the "azeri" barbaric genocidal pogroms. If they didn't fight back then the Armenian people wouldn't have had that land to live in peace. Plus as it has been said before, it was the Russian soldiers who attacked the "azeris" in Khojali as they were angered by them.

I also understand that Raffi in his time exploited the filthy rich and the selfish politicians who acted miserably and have lead demeaning lives lacking character altogether and that of course was a very good thing; but at the same token Raffi showed his people how to fight and why to fight against our enemy and against suppression. He wanted his countrymen to wake up from a bad dream and fight for their rights as human beings. We could even say that because of him Tashnagtsoutyoun came about and so Fedayis were born to fight for freedom and for the right of their homeland.

Comment

Sunday, August 9, 2009
        BORODAKHOSSOUTIUN
        In his biography of John Cheever, Blake Bailey mentions “an Armenian named Harout,” who introduces himself as an “architect” but is identified as an “unemployed waiter, a bore,” and a freeloader. See CHEEVER: A LIFE (New York, 2009, page 439).
        Speaking of this kind of borodakhos Armenian, I remember one of our elder statesmen saying: “They walk past an elementary school, and they claim to have a university degree.”
        There was a time when I would feel painfully embarrassed whenever I read about an Armenian like Harout. No more. I no longer feel responsible for their conduct probably because I no longer harbor tribal loyalties. I am a human being and all good men, regardless of race, color, and creed, are my brothers. As for Armenians like Harout: all I can do is to let them know that, if they think they are smart enough to fool all the people all the time, they are dead wrong. They may however succeed in fooling a handful of idiots like themselves.
        We are told history is the propaganda of the victor. What if our own history is not just the consolation of the defeated but the borodakhossoutiun of our panchoonies? I am not making dogmatic assertions, just asking a question.
        To those of my readers who get all worked up over what I write, I say: “Relax! No one gives a damn about what I think or, for that matter, whether I live or die. Take it easy, stop reading me, and enjoy your life. But if you insist in carrying on as you have been, let me warn you that I find all disagreement stimulating, especially disagreement with a touch of arsenic in it, because that's when I feel I have hit paydirt.”
        #

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
          I understand the road you have taken and you wish to expose and exploit starting from the decadent clergy heads (that have been and are many from the times of Gomidas Vartabed who was extremely disappointed from the fatherhoods of Etchmiadsin and left them and went abroad), to our decadent and spoiled rich men and the uppercrust, to our selfish and self centered politicians in the homeland who think of themselves first and utmost it seems; but when it comes to defending our innocent children and women to live peacefully in Nagorno Karapagh from the "azeri" beasts and how our Fedayis lost their sweet lives to give their loving children a small peace of land for their security and to live in their homelands simply as human beings, then I cannot agree with you if you find fault in them. War is war and you cannot blame our Fedayis who fought with their fists to save their loved ones, their children, their wives and their elderly parents. What our brave Fedayis did was necessary to earn back that small piece of land that belonged to them. Our Fedayis fought in retaliation against the "azeri" barbaric genocidal pogroms. If they didn't fight back then the Armenian people wouldn't have had that land to live in peace. Plus as it has been said before, it was the Russian soldiers who attacked the "azeris" in Khojali as they were angered by them.

I also understand that Raffi in his time exploited the filthy rich and the selfish politicians who acted miserably and have lead demeaning lives lacking character altogether and that of course was a very good thing; but at the same token Raffi showed his people how to fight and why to fight against our enemy and against suppression. He wanted his countrymen to wake up from a bad dream and fight for their rights as human beings. We could even say that because of him Tashnagtsoutyoun came about and so Fedayis were born to fight for freedom and for the right of their homeland.
          i believe neither Raffi nor the Tashnaks were successful in improving anything. on the contrary, there are some very serious historians who believe the Tashnaks did nothing but provoke the Genocide. Please, teach yourself not to give in to the termptation of playing the balem-game.

Comment

Ughghaki jur es dzedzum...

Comment

Originally posted by Javakhk View Post
              Thank you very much, Anoush jan! The potential of US "brokering" in Javakhk problem between Armenia and Georgia is huge because both countries depend on US, and because US already is evolved in a set of Armenian-Georgian joint programs, such as road construction, democratization, etc.

Recently some Armenian activists asked questions of this type to US Ambassador to Armenia Ms. Yovanovitch, too. (We still wait for answer, and I will inform you when it arrives).
              Dear Javakhk; You are most welcomed. I have just sent an e-mail to the president of ANCA and I have urged him to work upon and promote your justified cause to both the U.S. Senate and the U.S. Congress as soon as possible. I am now awaiting for an answer but more importantly for an action from them. Your cause dear Javakhk is also my cause.

Anoush

Comment

i believe neither Raffi nor the Tashnaks were successful in improving anything. on the contrary, there are some very serious historians who believe the Tashnaks did nothing but provoke the Genocide. Please, teach yourself not to give in to the termptation of playing the balem-game.
                FYI the Genocide was to happen with or without the Tashnags and or Raffi. The Doenme Zionist Jews were determined to carry out their mission whether Armenians wanted their lands back or not. The Doenme Zionist leaders headed by Talaat Pasha have wished to create WWI to make turkey much less than what she was and thus the Genocide of the Armenians for them was imminent. They have therefore created WWI to be able to get their Russian Jews out of Russia to create their 1948 Jerusalem as it stands today. Please speak the truth and not made up stories or hearsays.

I have also stated above why our loving Fedayis gave their sweet life in Artsakh for Freedom; for the peace and the security of their children and to answer for the future generations of Armenians - why they stood still and did nothing against the "azeri" genocidal pogroms who massacred thousands of their people from 1988 through 1992 - and to secure their anscestral lands for the peace of mind and the security of the Armenian people in Artsakh. You could not answer me on that. If you wish to speak about some of our spoiled rich or some of the selfish politicians, I would understand it; but NOT about our sacred Fedayis who secured our Artsakhian lands and with it the security of their families and the suppressed Armenian people in the region.
                Last edited by Anoush; 08-09-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Sunday, August 9, 2009
                  BORODAKHOSSOUTIUN
                  In his biography of John Cheever, Blake Bailey mentions “an Armenian named Harout,” who introduces himself as an “architect” but is identified as an “unemployed waiter, a bore,” and a freeloader. See CHEEVER: A LIFE (New York, 2009, page 439).
                  Speaking of this kind of borodakhos Armenian, I remember one of our elder statesmen saying: “They walk past an elementary school, and they claim to have a university degree.”
                  There was a time when I would feel painfully embarrassed whenever I read about an Armenian like Harout. No more. I no longer feel responsible for their conduct probably because I no longer harbor tribal loyalties. I am a human being and all good men, regardless of race, color, and creed, are my brothers. As for Armenians like Harout: all I can do is to let them know that, if they think they are smart enough to fool all the people all the time, they are dead wrong. They may however succeed in fooling a handful of idiots like themselves.
                  We are told history is the propaganda of the victor. What if our own history is not just the consolation of the defeated but the borodakhossoutiun of our panchoonies? I am not making dogmatic assertions, just asking a question.
                  To those of my readers who get all worked up over what I write, I say: “Relax! No one gives a damn about what I think or, for that matter, whether I live or die. Take it easy, stop reading me, and enjoy your life. But if you insist in carrying on as you have been, let me warn you that I find all disagreement stimulating, especially disagreement with a touch of arsenic in it, because that's when I feel I have hit paydirt.”
                  #
                  More than an extended education like a Masters degree or a Doctorate degree, the brain functioning, the good logic and the character of the human kind is far more important.

Some of us may not have your extended education but we happen to have character and logic, thank goodness. As for my humble self, I happen to have a little more than a primary school education; such as an Associate degree, logic, a heart and character.

More importantly, I don't put down our super hero Fedayis who secured our anscestral lands for the security and the peace of mind of our people. That is called good logic and good character. With your mega degrees I just wish you had them.
                  Last edited by Anoush; 08-10-2009, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Monday, August 10, 2009
                    WHITE TRASH
                    Speaking of a small town in Mississippi, where he acted in Elia Kazan's BABY DOLL, Karl Malden writes in his memoirs: “The people were, for the most part, small-minded bigots, who had elevated poor white trash to a fine art.”
                    About Archie Lee, his character in the film, he writes: “Archie Lee was poor white trash and the only thing that fed his feeble ego was the fact that no matter what, he could always believe that he (through no accomplishment of his own other than the color of his skin) held a higher status than the blacks.”
                    Immediately I recognized my former self, after I had been “educated” by my “betters.”
                    They brainwash children and they call it education. This is true of all nations. American history contains as many lies as, say, Turkish or Armenian history. All historians know this. They also know they are at the mercy of bureaucrats who are hired and fired by politicians whose central concern is to keep and whenever possible to increase their power.
                    After one of our eminent historians agreed to be interviewed, he refused to answer my questions.
                    Patriots are all alike in so far as they are willing to kill and die in defense of the Homeland, and to hate anyone who says patriotism is a fraud perpetrated by politicians (white trash) on dupes (themselves).
                    I define a fanatic as anyone who hates someone simply because he doesn't share his hatred of whatever it is that he hates.
                    Just because I say 2 plus 2 makes 4, or I call a spade a spade, I am immediately surrounded by a mob of civilized, progressive, and smart Armenians, descendants of the first nation that converted to Christianity, that would love to see me torn to shreds.
                    If we are as patriotic as we claim to be, we should at least allow a fraction of our love for our homeland to spill over on our fellow countrymen even when they speak like misguided fools.
                    Portrait of a patriotic Armenian: A damaged ego with an unsettled score in search of a victim.
                    #

Comment

FYI the Genocide was to happen with or without the Tashnags and or Raffi. The Doenme Zionist Jews were determined to carry out their mission whether Armenians wanted their lands back or not. The Doenme Zionist leaders headed by Talaat Pasha have wished to create WWI to make turkey much less than what she was and thus the Genocide of the Armenians for them was imminent. They have therefore created WWI to be able to get their Russian Jews out of Russia to create their 1948 Jerusalem as it stands today. Please speak the truth and not made up stories or hearsays.

I have also stated above why our loving Fedayis gave their sweet life in Artsakh for Freedom; for the peace and the security of their children and to answer for the future generations of Armenians - why they stood still and did nothing against the "azeri" genocidal pogroms who massacred thousands of their people from 1988 through 1992 - and to secure their anscestral lands for the peace of mind and the security of the Armenian people in Artsakh. You could not answer me on that. If you wish to speak about some of our spoiled rich or some of the selfish politicians, I would understand it; but NOT about our sacred Fedayis who secured our Artsakhian lands and with it the security of their families and the suppressed Armenian people in the region.
                      i am familiar with that line and it is ARF propaganda.
                      Read Toynbee, please.

Comment

Working...
                      X