Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Originally posted by arabaliozian
    Like all fundamentalists, an Armenian wants to change the world but not himself.
    [...]
    To assess oneself amounts to pronouncing a verdict of not guilty after a trial without judge, jury, and prosecution.
    Originally posted by arabaliozian
    Our dime-a-dozen pundits, speechifiers,
    and sermonizers, and activists are
    past masters of voodoo.
    Where solidarity is essential, they divide.
    Where honesty is a must,
    they engage in charlatanism.
    As most writers, you mostly write about yourself.

Comment

Some pages back we had a discussion with Ara, regarding his propaganda of Mamikonians being Chinese. I could not convince him but here is a logical, comprehensive and thorough explanation from another member (Lion1700) who happens to be a historian and has published numerous books. It may shed some light on the misunderstanding.

Ինչպես ցույց է տալիս Մովսես Խորենացու բերած տվյալների (Գիրք 2, գլուխ 81) ուշադիր վերլուծությունը, նրանք ոչ թե <<եկել են Հայաստան>>, այլ ընդամենը տեղաշարժվել են Հայաստանի մի գավառից մյուսը: Ըստ Պատմահոր Մամիկոնյանները տեղաշարժվել են. <<… արևելյան հյուսիսային քաջատոհմիկ ու գլխավոր աշխարհից` Ճենաստանից, որ ես (Մովսես Խորենացին – Մ.Հ.) բոլոր հյուսիսային ազգերի մեջ առաջինն եմ համարում>>: Ինչպես տեսնում ենք Խորենացին նկատի ունի մի տարածք, որը գտնվում է Հայաստանից (v դարում ապրած Խորենացու իր ժամանակին բնորոշ <<Հայաստան>>-ի հյուսիսային սահմանի մի մասը Պարխարյան լեռներն էին) հյուսիս-արևելք: Ոչ մի ակնարկ չկա Հայաստանից արևելք գտնվող Չինաստանի մասին: Իսկ <<Ճենաստանը>> (իրականում Փոքր Հայքի Խաղկտիք գավառը, որը իրոք <<հյուսիսային գլխավոր աշխարհն էր>>) աշխարհագրորեն իրոք գտնվում է <<Խորենացու Հայաստանի>> հյուսիսում և հյուսիս-արևելքում, այն դեպքում, երբ Մամիկոնյանների տոհմական կալվածքները, մինչև Տարոնին տիրելը և այն իրենց կալվածքների կենտրոն դարձնելը, գտնվում էին Տայքում` Խաղկտիքի սահմանում, կենտրոն ունենալով Էրախանի ամրոցը և իրենց որոշ մասով ընդգրկելով նաև Պարխարյան լեռները: Այսինքն պատմիչը նկատի ունի Տայքի հյուսիսը` Պարխարյան լեռները, որոնք երկար ժամանակ այնտեղ բնակված ճաների անունով խոսակցականում կոչվում էին <<Ճենաստան>>:
      Լրիվ տրամաբանական այս սխեմայից զատ կարելի է բերել նաև մի քանի այլ ուղղակի և անուղղակի ապացույցներ.
      1. հռոմեական աղբյուրները Լուկոլլոսի արշավանքի ժամանակ որպես Տիգրանակերտի կայազորի հրամանատար հիշատակում են Մամիկին, որը ըստ Ն. Ադոնցի <<Մամիկոնյան>> անվանման կրճատ ձևն է,
      2. մ.թ.ա. 51 թ-ին Հայկական բանակը առաջնորդել է Վասակ իշխանը, իսկ 62 թ-ի գարնան Հռանդեայի ճակատամարտին ու դրան նախորդած իրադարձություններին մասնակցել է ևս մեկ Վասակ իշխան` մի անուն, որը բնորոշ էր Մամիկոնյաններին,
      3. վաղ միջնադարում և հատկապես v դարում մեր պատմիչները հստակ պատկերացում չունեին Չինաստանի մասին և ըստ նրանց արևելքում <<աշխարհը վերջանում էր>> Հնդկաստանով, առավել ևս, որ այդ ժամանակաշրջանում Չինաստանը հաճախ չուներ ներկայիս Չինաստանի սահմանները և սահմանափակվում էր միայն ներկայիս Չինաստանի հարավ-արևելքով` Հուանհե և Յանցզի գետերի հովիտներով,
      4. քիչ հավանական է, որ եկվոր փախստականներին Տրդատ ii Մեծը հանձներ այնպիսի մի կարևորագույն պաշտոն, ինչպիսին սպարապետությունն է, թեկուզև Սլկունիների տոհմին հաղթելուց ու նրանց ամրոցը գրավելուց հետո, այսինքն ողջ բանակը, իր և իր երկրի ապագան դներ եկվոր, օտար ու ըստ էության չստուգված և առանձնակի հեղինակության չհասած և միայն իրենց խորամանկությամբ աչքի ընկած անձանց տիրապետության տակ, քանի որ Ողականը եկվորները գրավեցին ու Սլկունիներին ոչնչացրին ըստ էությամբ խորամանկությամբ,
      5. օտար տոհմը չէր կարող միանգամից այնքան սիրել, նվիրվել իր նոր հայրենիքին, նրանում մի քանի տարում ուղղակի չէր հասցնի ձևավորվել այն տոհմական հայասիրական-հայրենասիրական մթնոլորտը` տարոնականությունը, որով դաստիարակվել և որը մարտի դաշտում միանգամից դրսևորում են Մամիկոնյան հենց առաջին ժառանգական սպարապետները` Վաչեն, Վասակը, Մուշեղը և այլն:
      Այսպիսով, ընդհանրացնելով վերը բերված բոլոր ապացույցները, կարելի է գալ միանշանակ հետևության, որ Մամիկոնյանների տոհմը տոհմիկ հայկական է և նրանց <<եկվորության>> մասին որևէ տվյալ ուղղակի չկա, այլ այդ թեզը առաջ է եկել զուտ <<ճեն>> բառը որպես <<չին>> սխալ մեկնաբանելուց:

http://forum.hyeclub.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=69

Comment

Originally posted by axel View Post
        As most writers, you mostly write about yourself.
        That is an understatement..

Comment

01/11/10
          WWIII
          You cannot win a war against an enemy who loves death more than life. The Japanese lost because the Yanks dropped the Bomb on them. If terrorists succeed in staging more 9/11-style attacks, the Yanks will have no choice but to elect a more warlike president who will not only carry a big stick but he will also use it.
          I say what I think;
          you say what you were told;
          after which we go our separate ways.
          That's dialogue, Armenian style.
          In our Ottoman phase, no Armenian would ever dare to contradict a Turk.
          In our diaspora today, no Armenian would ever dare to contradict a boss, bishop, or benefactor.
          As the French are fond of saying, “Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme merde.”
          My guess is, one reason our revolutionaries lost is that they were brought up to believe they were so smart they could do no wrong. Positive feedback may work in Oriental carpet dealership but will be counterproductive in politics and international diplomacy where the competition is stiff.
          We have enough gold in our communities (think of Gulbenkian, Krikorian, Manoogian, & Co.) for two Golden Ages. Instead, we wallow in the recycled crap of our Panchoonies and Jack S. Avanakians.
          #

Comment

If 911 was the work of arab terrorists then Ara trueley is a intellectual. This thread should be banned for insulting everyones intelligence-mostly Ara's.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Turks and Israelis deserve each other.....says some people.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

01/12/10
                THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
                We are a failed state.
                Our “brainless” leaders have been successful only in one endeavor, that of brainwashing us to channel our discontent in the direction of the enemy.
                As for our press, whose main function is to expose corruption and incompetence: its favorite motto is, “No polemics, please!”
                Who the hell is talking about polemics?
                I am talking about facts.
                But facts are not facts to those who refuse to acknowledge them.
                Case in point: our genocide is a fact to us.
                It is a controversy to them.
                See what I mean?
                I once wrote a letter to an editor questioning a fact discussed in an editorial and I received the following answer: “We don't, as a rule, publish letters that are critical of our editorial.”
                Anti-Turkish venom, no matter how predictable, repetitive, and tedious is in.
                Armenian reality is out.
                What xxxs were to the Nazis, capitalists to communists, and Armenians to the Sultan and Talaat, Turks are to us. Turks are the alpha and omega of all our problems. That's the way it is with all rotten systems. They need scapegoats and when the can't find them, they invent them.
                The Turks are guilty of a crime that was committed a century ago. They have nothing to do with our divisiveness, intolerance of dissent and dialogue. Only the blind leading the blind and their dupes refuse to see this.
                #
                BOOKS RECEIVED
                THE DARK VALLEY: SHORT STORIES by Axel Bakounts, translated from the Armenian by Nairi Hakhverdi. Preface by Victoria Rowe. (London, 2008).
                SOUTHERN FEVER: SHORT STORIES by Abig Avagyan. (Yerevan, 2002). (In Armenian)
                HOMO DEI or A BIBLICAL STORY: A NOVEL and
                CAVE STORIES or 1993: NOVELLAS by Karen A. Simonian (Yerevan, 2006). (In Armenian)
                COLORS OF THE PRISM: COLLECTED REVIEWS, ARTICLES, AND DRAWINGS by Krikor Keusseyan (Watertown, 2009). (In Armenian)
                DRO (DRASTAMAT KANAYAN): ARMENIA'S FIRST DEFENCE MINISTER OF THE MODERN ERA by Antranig Chalabian, Translated by Jack Chelebian. (Los Angeles, 2009).
                #

Comment

01/13/10
                  SARTRE ON ASCETICS
                  “The ascetic is a man rich enough to choose his poverty freely.”
                  Good point.
                  Gandhi enjoyed the financial support of a wealthy Indian industrialist by the name of Birla, who once complained that Gandhi's poverty cost him a lot of money.
                  As for Tolstoy: he was a multimillionaire.
                  SARTRE ON HIMSELF
                  “I turned rebel later only through having pushed submissiveness to the extreme.”
                  In my case, I became a dissident through having said “yes, sir!” to too many idiots.
                  If I knew my words mattered, I would be more careful in my choice of them.
                  One reason Armenian writers are willing to work for nothing is that the job has other compensations, one of them being deflating noxious gasbags.
                  THREATS
                  I don't believe in Armenians who send me threatening e-mails anonymously. I believe if an Armenian can do me harm, he would have done it already.
                  AN UNFORTUNATE DEVELOPMENT
                  As a result of the Genocide, we have become self-righteous fanatics not only in our dealings with the enemy, but also in our dealings with our fellow Armenians.
                  ON SURVIVAL
                  Survival is important. But what is even important is survival with honor. To stress the importance of survival at the expense of honor is to legitimize cowardice, opportunism, moral degradation, even treason and betrayal.
                  #

Comment

January 14, 2010
                    THE ARMENIAN MESSIAH
                    About twenty years ago I met a doctor who thought only a book like the Bible can save us. “Why do you think xxxs have survived for five thousand years?” he demanded.
                    Shortly thereafter he sent me a thick bundle of typewritten pages. After reading a few paragraphs I put it aside.
                    Will he finish writing it?
                    Will he find a publisher?
                    And if he does, will he find readers?
                    We are a nation of writers, not readers.
                    Once, when asked why I did not encourage young writers, I had no choice but to reply: “We need readers, not writers.”
                    Neither do we need charlatans with messianic ambitions.
                    Consider the case of our Turcocentric ghazetajis who seem to be totally unaware of the following facts:
                    (one) by stressing the important role Turks have played in shaping our destiny, they may be degrading the nation;
                    (two) by reminding us of our trauma, they may be crippling our resolve to move forward; and
                    (three) by looking backward they may run the risk of turning us into pillars of salt.
                    A trauma should be discussed but only in the context of overcoming it, not of making it a permanent condition.
                    One of these ghazetajis once said to me: “All I am doing is defending our rights.” Our rights should be defended, but not by monomaniacal idiots who pretend not to see the obvious, namely that the Turks are not the only ones who have violated our human rights.
                    As for the possibility that a book may save us: The Bible is not a “xxxish” book. It is first and foremost a human document. The experiences and ideas discussed in it (see below) have universal application.
                    We don't need a “nationalist” Bible to see the light.
                    There is nothing “xxxish” in the dictum
                    “A house divided against itself cannot stand,” or
                    “Man does not live by bread alone,” or
                    “Set your house in order,” or
                    “Even a fool, when he keeps his mouth shut, may be thought of as wise,” or
                    “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?”
                    #

Comment

January 15, 2010
                      CHARITY
                      Did you know that doing charity work can be as profitable a business as working on Wall Street?
                      Chief executive officers of major charity organizations make millions. The official explanation is, “They know how to motivate people.”
                      What is it exactly that motivates these bloodsuckers, I wonder.
                      And if you think Armenian charity organizations are morally superior, think again. Ask an insider – if you know one – how much one of our own fund-raisers makes and be prepared to foam at the mouth with outrage.
                      Why is it that those who rely on our compassion are themselves such greedy bastards?
                      Why is it that those who pretend to be our betters are such unspeakable sh*ts?
                      Why is it that those who abuse me verbally on the grounds that my thoughts and feelings do not echo theirs have nothing to say about this kind of atrocity?
                      Once a dupe always a dupe?
                      There is no law that says if you were born a jerk you will die a jerk.
                      Dupes and jerks of the world unite, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
                      My guess is, if we knew what goes on behind closed doors, we would cancel our membership in the human race and consider joining a club of serial killers.
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X