Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: elegy

I'm talking about the present, and Ara's message is that our present condition, in terms of how our people think, move, work, etc... is not very much unlike the past 600 years. As you said, the majority go with the flow, apparently because they don't have the means to do great works. To me that is nonsense, some of the most influential people in history came from the lowest ranks.
    Yeah, but many of our famous people didn't grow up in Armenia. No matter what rank you are, see, in Armenia, it's very, very hard to move on. Other Armenians pull you down! That's the problem. We have so many talented people here. You know how they are treated? If not, good. You don't want to know. Anyways, I understand what your saying J. I just hope you understand what I'M saying.

As long as people live and think as individuals as opposed to a collective, nothing will change. If a group of 100 men work together to build homes, they can build an entire neighbourhood in months given the resources to do so. Government and the social structure is preventing this from happening.
    ...I have nothing more to add...
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
      Turkey is considered the most uncivil, backwards, and inhumane (can't really remember the word used) nation in the world. It's number one in the list! I doubt this could've happened if the Turks weren't racists and if Turkey didn't have VERY SERIOUS issues to deal with. I suggest you take a better look at what's going on and with what country we're dealing with.
      Saco, an advise: If you want to be taken seriously, never make such controversial allegations without a reference.

"Turkey is considered bla bla." Considered by whom? What list are you talking about? What are the qualifications of the people that prepared the list you mentioned?

In a serious discussion, without a reference or a with a reference to a crappy paper written by some nobody, you would ridicule yourself due to your above allegations.

And it's sad that I'm the one who reminds these simple facts to you. No Armenian shows up and tells the truth as long as someone is aiming at Turks.

Comment

about the majority of turks being racist:
        that's dangerous nonsense.
        many turks are very probably half armenian.
        they have our DNA.
        and we have their mentality.
        who is the winner?
        who is the loser here?
        armenians from armenia are emigrating to turkey today.
        how many turks or armenians from istanbul are emigrating to yerevan?

Comment

the majority of turks,
          like the majority of all nations, including armenians,
          are too busy taking care of number one to worry about anything else...and that includes entertaining racist thoughts.
          it is ridiculous to speak of a majority after knowing only 10 or 100 representatives.

Comment

Originally posted by seruven View Post
            Saco, an advise: If you want to be taken seriously, never make such controversial allegations without a reference.

"Turkey is considered bla bla." Considered by whom? What list are you talking about? What are the qualifications of the people that prepared the list you mentioned?

In a serious discussion, without a reference or a with a reference to a crappy paper written by some nobody, you would ridicule yourself due to your above allegations.

And it's sad that I'm the one who reminds these simple facts to you. No Armenian shows up and tells the truth as long as someone is aiming at Turks.
            The sad thing is that you are totally blind to your country's past and present; which constitutes the best proof/ reference you demand in here... How hypocritical of you Mr. seruven… Carry on lurking and jump in to correct us like some sort of a 'mentor' as soon as someone mentions some fact about Turks that hurts your sensitive feelings slightly. You seem to be playing quite well some Jews' victim game here. I must admit, we don't see many Turks like you.

Saco, it is really hard to engage in a "dialogue" with A. Baliozian, just look at his senseless, inane responses above. As usual, spewing incorrect, baseless assertions for the naïve, ill-informed reader to absorb. It is truly sad if anyone buys into it.
            Last edited by Lucin; 06-17-2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Yeah, but many of our famous people didn't grow up in Armenia. No matter what rank you are, see, in Armenia, it's very, very hard to move on. Other Armenians pull you down! That's the problem. We have so many talented people here. You know how they are treated? If not, good. You don't want to know. Anyways, I understand what your saying J. I just hope you understand what I'M saying.
              Saco, the right thing to do is let us know how they are treated, even though we already have an idea. But there are two ways of going about this, one is to slander Armenia and its people for being "cannibalistic", and the other is to simply state the facts, not judging Armenia and it's people despite their problems so that we may not feed sentiments of estrangement, bewilderment towards them. These are our people and that is our country, and I don't come here to learn about Armenians so that I can run away from them! So do tell us, because we want to not only know, but understand the grim reality.

Comment

Saco, an advise: If you want to be taken seriously, never make such controversial allegations without a reference. "Turkey is considered bla bla." Considered by whom? What list are you talking about? What are the qualifications of the people that prepared the list you mentioned?
                Kardesh, I wanted to, just couldn't remember the name . Sorry bro. This list exists though. It was created by the United Nations if I'm not mistaken and Turkey was in 1st place. It was a bit hard for me to believe as well at first (when I first joined the forums) but when I realized what's going on in Turkey, I completely agreed with the list. Turkey really is in a critical state. Let's face it and find a way to move on.

If you knew me well, you'd know that I don't lie and I don't mention anything unless it's serious. If you didn't know, now you know...

Well I do at all times, Kardesh. Don't confuse me with anyone!

Comment

about the majority of turks being racist:
                  that's dangerous nonsense.
                  many turks are very probably half armenian.
                  There are 70 million Turks ... how many are half Armenian? I'm sorry but you'll have to back up your statements in a much better way if you want me to take them seriously.

they have our DNA.
                  and we have their mentality.
                  I'm sorry but there is only one word for this ... BS! There are many Armenians in Turkey (a very small minority compared to everyone else) and during the AG and before that, Turks DID marry Armenians but that doesn't mean we all carry each other's DNA's. What a rediculous thing to say. Think about what your saying, Sir. And we don't have the mentality of the Turks. They have gotten almost everything they have through blood and murder ... not endeavor. We aren't murderers and we don't think like Turks. I'm not saying all Turks are bad, please don't misunderstand me, but their mentality is very different from ours. We have many similarities because of living side by side but that's not enough.

who is the winner?
                  who is the loser here?
                  armenians from armenia are emigrating to turkey today.
                  how many turks or armenians from istanbul are emigrating to yerevan?
                  Very few. There aren't thousands of Armenians going to Turkey though. What are you trying to say with that line? Emmigrating to Turkey? Why would an Armenian go to Turkey? You know how they are treated there? Not just Armenians, Kurds and many others as well. Armenians go there but not a majority or even minority. This simply happens from time to time...

the majority of turks,
                  like the majority of all nations, including armenians,
                  are too busy taking care of number one to worry about anything else...and that includes entertaining racist thoughts.
                  it is ridiculous to speak of a majority after knowing only 10 or 100 representatives.
                  You might know ten ... We know MILLIONS Mr. B!

Saco, it is really hard to engage in a "dialogue" with A. Baliozian, just look at his senseless, inane responses above. As usual, spewing incorrect, baseless assertions for the naïve, ill-informed reader to absorb. It is truly sad if anyone buys into it.
                  He says a lot of right things as well but there's a lot of rediculous stuff as well. PLUS he writes in a certain way that is hard to understand at times. I hope that changes in time...

And Lucin jan, please don't misunderstand Seruven. I think you guys have just gotten off on the wrong foot. Plus I agree, he might be a bit sensative when he sees people talk about Turks but I don't find that strange. Let's all just relax a bit. In the end, Seruven isn't exactly a denier.

Comment

Saco, the right thing to do is let us know how they are treated, even though we already have an idea. But there are two ways of going about this, one is to slander Armenia and its people for being "cannibalistic", and the other is to simply state the facts, not judging Armenia and it's people despite their problems so that we may not feed sentiments of estrangement, bewilderment towards them. These are our people and that is our country, and I don't come here to learn about Armenians so that I can run away from them!
                    Many do though...

Anyways, if you want to know ... I'll tell you !

A simple example is that some of the most talented students in Armenia can't get anywhere. You can see them working in Grand Candy. They have red xxxxing diplomas! You know what that is? You only get that if you've got straight A's like your whole damn life. These people don't get jobs. No one allows them to move on and become somebody. They have to remain nobodies.

The same Aram KHachatryan wouldn't be who he is today if he studied or grew up here. many have tried .... almost all have failed. Isn't it strange that almost all the great people we know today haven't become who they were HERE in Armenia? When W. Saroyan came to Armenia, the Armenians didn't even consider him to be Armenian. They looked at him as if he was a freakin gavur.

J, we have problems bro ... serious problems ... and we need to face them NOW. We're losing our identity in so many ways. It's time to move our asses and I mean right now. I'm doing my part, let's all do our parts.

Comment

There are 70 million Turks
                      There are 70 million Turkish citizens, about 20% Kurd. I'd estimate there are 50,000-100,000 Armenians who know they are Armenian. I'd also go out on a limb and say there are roughly a million who are of Armenian descent and don't know it.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X