Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ideal Form of Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs I rest my case.
    Isnt that what we do though? We are imperfect beings striving to be perfect. Government and political economy, provide the arena for such a goal. Government itself strives to collectively bring us to perfection. Tis the reason it exists. You have not rested your case. Anon distains government, however, he provides an alternative solution. You however just state that government is imperfect. My response to you is "So what are you trying to say?" And if there is no perfect government, then what is the population of the world to do?

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo Isnt that what we do though? We are imperfect beings striving to be perfect. Government and political economy, provide the arena for such a goal. Government itself strives to collectively bring us to perfection. Tis the reason it exists. You have not rested your case. Anon distains government, however, he provides an alternative solution. You however just state that government is imperfect. My response to you is "So what are you trying to say?" And if there is no perfect government, then what is the population of the world to do?
      Did I ever imply that there IS a solution? Because there isn't.

Either that, or we have not discovered enough to present a solution...we as humans.

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo Your answer is wrong. Anarchy leads to government. That is the very reason we are submitting ourselves to a state in the first place. Now go cut your hair into a mohawk and stick your toungue out.

Besides, the political economy requires a means of distribution of resources. Anarch does not have a system which can hold people accountable, nor does it have a system which handles the distribution of precious scarce resources.
        Government leads to anarchy, since per the second law of thermodynamics, all systems move towards disorder, and they all crash.

And contrary to Hobbesian doublethink, no State comes into existence via "Social Contracts" but all do so through violence".

We are submitting ourselves to the State because of our ignorance. That is why the forefathers realized the need for education in order to prevent tyranny, which this country has morphed into.

Few of you Statists who claim to be "Republicans" haven't even bothered to read the debates between the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists, or George Washington's Farewell Address. Force, unregulated is wasted and is destructive. The blind force of "the people" is a force that must be economized and also managed. It must be regulated by intellect. It is because force is unregulated that revolutions prove failures and States do not function, and you have individuals thinking for themselves. Hitler highlighted this brilliantly in Mein Kampf. The masses are a means to an end, a force that must be harnessed by those who rule.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

The ideal form of goverment is NO goverment! If there was an ideal goverment..people would all be payed equally, and all would pay equal taxes, costs would be reasonable and there would be no need for law enforcment or a judicial branch of goverment because everyone would have common sense and knowledge of what is right and wrong there would be no curruption or embezzlement and everyone would just get along! However, we are blessed with being human and humans are blessed with having certain traits that don't allow us to have a perferct world, or an ideal goverment. In conclusion, Our goverment is currupt, we can't change it ever, there will be no "ideal" anything, so we might as well just sit here and wait untill we die!

Comment

You guys are getting chippy and ignoring the intent of this thread. An ideal is, as surfer said, that which you strive for. The ideal form of government would be that which best serves the purpose you think government should serve. It need not be perfect; it need only be the best you can imagine.

If certain people here do not believe any government is necessary, fine. Stay out of a thread that is meant to be a discussion of government. As you said, everyone here already knows how you feel. I want to know how the rest of them feel.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname You guys are getting chippy and ignoring the intent of this thread. An ideal is, as surfer said, that which you strive for. The ideal form of government would be that which best serves the purpose you think government should serve. It need not be perfect; it need only be the best you can imagine.

If certain people here do not believe any government is necessary, fine. Stay out of a thread that is meant to be a discussion of government. As you said, everyone here already knows how you feel. I want to know how the rest of them feel.
              Quiet you. Sip on some of sense juice before posting. "Government" can imply in its various definitions, the individual in itself a form of government over itself, or the family as the form of government. Thus one might assert that the ideal form of government is familial government, or individual government.

Now that the issue is settled, I will not leave the thread but maximize my post count.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

I don’t understand the concept of “no government”

Whether we consider a small scale of social reciprocal-ity or the large scale political government.

Some sort of ‘government’ always emerges amongst people.

We can see this on small scales,-- in the forum, in the media, corporations, -basically any group of people who come together, for any reason, eventually form a ‘government’ amongst themselves.

It’s inevitable.

No government means a completely idle society.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse "Government" can imply in its various definitions, the individual in itself a form of government over itself, or the family as the form of government. Thus one might assert that the ideal form of government is familial government, or individual government.
                  That's good. Now expand upon that. I want to hear some original ideas here. How can families or even individuals come together to run a state? There has to be some kind of system in place, even if its entirely unregulated. I remember you speaking about market-like forces driven entirely by self-interest working politically rather than just economically? How would that work exactly? Who would keep the peace, and how would any national identity be formed? Would there be policy of any sort? How would resources be allocated? What laws would exist?

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname That's good. Now expand upon that. I want to hear some original ideas here. How can families or even individuals come together to run a state? There has to be some kind of system in place, even if its entirely unregulated. I remember you speaking about market-like forces driven entirely by self-interest working politically rather than just economically? How would that work exactly? Who would keep the peace, and how would any national identity be formed? Would there be policy of any sort? How would resources be allocated? What laws would exist?
                    You do know what the definition of 'government' is don't you? I have a secret, it's not jus the State. Government can mean anything really. The State is just a form of government that has emerged since Machiavelli.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse You do know what the definition of 'government' is don't you? I have a secret, it's not jus the State. Government can mean anything really. The State is just a form of government that has emerged since Machiavelli.
                      All I'm asking is that you be a little more specific. Is that so much to ask? Do you want us to regress to tribalism, or exist as autonomous family units? If so, how is this feasible? Same questions. How will the peace be kept? How will contracts be enforced? What will be done with people who attack other people or steal from other people? How will land resources be allocated? Surely you must have some actual ideas rather than just anti-state rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                      X