Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for Godot, by samuel Beckett.

A lovely play dealing with existential philosophy.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag .........I've read half of Romeo and Juliet. *yawwwwwn*..

I'm also gonna be reading Othello (again for one of my courses)...

You didn't like Romeo and Juliet? Probably because you knew what was going to happen at the end. Shakespeare's plays are too predictable. Othello was good though. Didn't see the play, but I read it, saw the movie and the ballet of it. I didn't like the ballet of it though......probably because I don't relaly like ballet. You should read it...pretty good.
      Originally posted by Anonymouse Waiting for Godot, by samuel Beckett.

A lovely play dealing with existential philosophy.
      do you think that play was religious? I don't really see it religious although a lot of people comment on it being so and if we need Beckett's explanation about the play to enjoy it.
      I see...

Comment

You didn't like Romeo and Juliet? Probably because you knew what was going to happen at the end. Shakespeare's plays are too predictable.
        Nawwwwwww, not that I knew the ending or whatever... it was too boring.. I've read books that I knew the ending of before, but this one is just super boring... unless you got a good version of the book with great footnotes, it's hard to follow. Especially for an ADHD person.

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag ......unless you got a good version of the book with great footnotes, it's hard to follow. Especially for an ADHD person.
          oooooooooooh. It was hard to understand Shakespeare? Well, it helps to read footnotes on the first act and then to read the play for the same act and so on. You'll catch on Shakespeare's language. lol. Call me a dork but I like Shakespeares poems...not to mention John Donne's also. Just so you know.....if you had trouble reading Romeo and Juliet and you found it boring......good luck reading Othello. Maybe you just don't like reading love stories, but keep those footnotes near by for Othello, because Othello is really good.
          I see...

Comment

actually, no, i don't find Shakespeare hard at all. i read Love's Labour's Lost and it was great. just that i think R&J sucks, and it's overrated like no other play is...

Shakespeare's poems are good. I like them. they're way too easy. I know some of them by heart even lol.. too much reading... shall I compare thee to a summer's day.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. lol

John Donne was too morbid lol

i've found that with shakespeare, it all depends on the version of the book, and i've found that footnotes do help a lot, unless ur reading at face value and don't want to pay attention to the puns. cos no matter what, meanings of english words then and now aren't the same.

and yeaaaaaa, i'm a very slowwwwwwwwww reader. lo. have you read any of Edmund Spenser's poetry??!?! that's like wow!! i took an Elizabethan and jacobean drama course in my first year, and oh my!! it ROCKED!! we had to read John Lily's Euphues: the anatomy of wit. that was very good too. not plays but still very good. anyway. lol

are u majoring in English Literature or something?

Comment

John Donne was too morbid lol
              yea right w/e, I love his poems.
              have you read any of Edmund Spenser's poetry??!?! that's like wow!!
              Actually I haven't, but I definitely will.
              are u majoring in English Literature or something?
              lol. no i'm not majoring in anything........i'm still in high school. I just enjoy literature very much
              I see...

Comment

lol, well, he WAS morbid!! come now!! read his poems and u'll see what i mean lol.. not that it's bad or anything.

Yea, Spenser's Astrophil and Stella is good.

Aha, don't ever think about majoring in English Literature. It's the dumbest major in the entire world (sorry all English Literature majors - i myself am an english lit. major....). you will come out as you came in lol... u won't learn anything. it will just give u the opportunity to read more books and spend more time thinking about them, that's all lol. do u really wanna pay that much money for that? anyway, just a few thoughts on that one lol.

Comment

i saw soghomon when it played at the greek ampitheatre or whatever its called.

Comment

Originally posted by Darorinag lol, well, he WAS morbid!! come now!! read his poems and u'll see what i mean lol.. not that it's bad or anything. .....
                    I have read his poems...they are morbid, but in a good way. Just that at first you made it sound like a bad thing.
                    Yea, Spenser's Astrophil and Stella is good.
                    ooh, I know that one. I just didn't know his name.
                    As for Majoring in English Literature.....never even thought about that and frankly I don't even want to. That just goes off topic.
                    i saw soghomon when it played at the greek ampitheatre or whatever its called.
                    and how was it?
                    I see...

Comment

Salome - Oscar Wilde
                      Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead - Tom Stoppard

See those - they are absolutely hilarious.

As for Waiting for Godot - it need not be religious. They are two men waiting for something to give their life meaning, an answer that will never come. Some people wait for God, others wait for something else.

Comment

Working...
                      X