Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Abortion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
    I can't stand the "right to do what I want with my body" arguement. That's great if you're only taking your own body into consideration. Pro choice? Yeah, I agree. You should have a choice. So choose to STOP SPREADING YOUR LEGS, you worthless, freaking wh*res!!!

Ok....I'm alright now.....

I can't get into a full rant right now, because I have to go to the Fry's Electronics grand opening! I'll let you know if they have any specials on do it yourself abortion machines.
    I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be serious or sarcastic or funny, but it's based on void. It is high time the myth of abortion as contraception is wiped off the face of the earth. No woman chooses abortion as contraception and no woman walks out of an abortion without being mentally scarred. Education about birth control and the consequences of having sex is a fundamental prevention program for teenagers and adults around the world. However, things can go wrong. Condoms break, morning-after-pill doesn't always work, rape, and even medical conditions in which both mother and child are in danger of losing their lives, should not be taken lightly. Yes, abortion is murder technically speaking, but sometimes it's the only option left for a woman. Instead of calling these women stupid and sl*ts pray to God (or whatever) every day that you or your partner will not have to go through that ever. Stop this nonsense.

Comment

I can't stand the "right to do what I want with my body" arguement. That's great if you're only taking your own body into consideration. Pro choice? Yeah, I agree. You should have a choice. So choose to STOP SPREADING YOUR LEGS, you worthless, freaking wh*res!!!

I can't get into a full rant right now, because I have to go to the Fry's Electronics grand opening! I'll let you know if they have any specials on do it yourself abortion machines.

Originally posted by nairi
      I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be serious or sarcastic or funny, but it's based on void. It is high time the myth of abortion as contraception is wiped off the face of the earth. No woman chooses abortion as contraception and no woman walks out of an abortion without being mentally scarred. Education about birth control and the consequences of having sex is a fundamental prevention program for teenagers and adults around the world. However, things can go wrong. Condoms break, morning-after-pill doesn't always work, rape, and even medical conditions in which both mother and child are in danger of losing their lives, should not be taken lightly. Yes, abortion is murder technically speaking, but sometimes it's the only option left for a woman. Instead of calling these women stupid and sl*ts pray to God (or whatever) every day that you or your partner will not have to go through that ever. Stop this nonsense.
      I understand both of you, in a weird sort of way, although I'm more in agreement with the Crimson.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

No woman chooses abortion as contraception and no woman walks out of an abortion without being mentally scarred. Education about birth control and the consequences of having sex is a fundamental prevention program for teenagers and adults around the world. However, things can go wrong. Condoms break, morning-after-pill doesn't always work, rape, and even medical conditions in which both mother and child are in danger of losing their lives, should not be taken lightly. Yes, abortion is murder technically speaking, but sometimes it's the only option left for a woman. Instead of calling these women stupid and sl*ts pray to God (or whatever) every day that you or your partner will not have to go through that ever. Stop this nonsense.
        Nairi, *if* it's a decent brand and is used properly, the chances of a condom breaking are literally 3%. The failure rate for "the morning after pill" is 1% - 2%. Same goes for birth control pills, and those are mostly due to human error. Does it happen? Yes. But the chances of it happening are slim to none, and of those people who have this happen, how many of them get pregnant (from the condoms), AND decide on abortion as a solution? What I'm getting at is, while the situations you mentioned are fesible, they represent a VERY small percentage of people who get an abortion. For the most part, it IS used as a contraceptive. I don't consider a medical condition, where abortion would be recommended by the doctor, the same as someone who is voluntarily "choosing" to erase a mistake. If I decide to go out and drive fast, and get in an accident fataly injuring myself, I have no one to blame but myself for not thinking ahead and being prepared for the activity of driving hard by pulling that belt across my shoulder. When a woman doesn't take the precautions necessary before engaging in sexual activity, consciously or not, she has elected to bring the possibilities of the consequences, should something go wrong, onto herself by not thinking/planning ahead. Unfortunately, unlike my driving analogy, abortion is a back up contraceptive if things go wrong during sex.

And mousy, you can understand both opinions because we're using most of the classic arguements for each side. As for agreeing more with me...I don't know what to tell you....maybe you got rat poisoning or something?

Comment

Nairi, *if* it's a decent brand and is used properly, the chances of a condom breaking are literally 3%. The failure rate for "the morning after pill" is 1% - 2%. Same goes for birth control pills, and those are mostly due to human error. Does it happen? Yes. But the chances of it happening are slim to none, and of those people who have this happen, how many of them get pregnant (from the condoms), AND decide on abortion as a solution? What I'm getting at is, while the situations you mentioned are fesible, they represent a VERY small percentage of people who get an abortion. For the most part, it IS used as a contraceptive. I don't consider a medical condition, where abortion would be recommended by the doctor, the same as someone who is voluntarily "choosing" to erase a mistake. If I decide to go out and drive fast, and get in an accident fataly injuring myself, I have no one to blame but myself for not thinking ahead and being prepared for the activity of driving hard by pulling that belt across my shoulder. When a woman doesn't take the precautions necessary before engaging in sexual activity, consciously or not, she has elected to bring the possibilities of the consequences, should something go wrong, onto herself by not thinking/planning ahead. Unfortunately, unlike my driving analogy, abortion is a back up contraceptive if things go wrong during sex.

And mousy, you can understand both opinions because we're using most of the classic arguements for each side. As for agreeing more with me...I don't know what to tell you....maybe you got rat poisoning or something?
          No rat poisoning, since rats are my cousins, just the good ole agreement that we see eye to eye on the issue. I as well do not deny those marginal instances where abortion is indeed the only way out, but as you said, and as the article pointed out, how many are they really? A very small percentage.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

So yes, abortion is tantamount to taking a life.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

In fact, A) both male and female are equally responsible for the act of procreation; B) often the male partner forces, directly or indirectly, his partner into getting an abortion; C) the male partner often encourages the female to get an abortion, either emotionally or by helping secure the procedure; D) the majority of doctors who perform abortions are male; and E) some pregnancies are the result of violence committed by males. Clearly, while it is impossible for a male to have an abortion, males are involved implicitly with abortion, and as such, are not exempt from moral judgement resulting from abortions.

i hope u are alright now!!!

*However, things can go wrong. Condoms break, morning-after-pill doesn't always work, rape, and even medical conditions in which both mother and child are in danger of losing their lives, should not be taken lightly. Yes, abortion is murder technically speaking, but sometimes it's the only option left for a woman.*

I would prefer to have a baby,
              Intentionally killing an innocent person is morally wrong.
              Abortion intentionally kills an innocent person.
              Therefore, abortion is morally wrong.
              I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

CG, when I say contraceptive, it means birth control. How many women do you know of that get an abortion as regularly as taking the pill? Probably a very small percentage. Most women actually have the ability to learn after making one mistake. In fact some are so scarred psychologically they are afraid to have sex ever again! You talk as if getting an abortion is like going shopping at Bloomingsdale and accidently buying too much. Again, keep praying that you will never have to go through this. You'll be singing a very different tune the day you are confronted with it and have to make "choices". It's so much easier to talk from the other side.

Comment

CG, when I say contraceptive, it means birth control. How many women do you know of that get an abortion as regularly as taking the pill? Probably a very small percentage. Most women actually have the ability to learn after making one mistake. In fact some are so scarred psychologically they are afraid to have sex ever again! You talk as if getting an abortion is like going shopping at Bloomingsdale and accidently buying too much. Again, keep praying that you will never have to go through this. You'll be singing a very different tune the day you are confronted with it and have to make "choices". It's so much easier to talk from the other side.
                  This may sound personal yet blunt, but have you had an abortion? I'm getting that from your tone so far.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Oh and 5%, add it up. That's how many women get ONE abortion. Less than 0.1% get two and even less get more than two "voluntarily".

Agreed with sleuth on the role of men and parents I must add. I can safely say that most women are young girls.

Comment

Mouse, what difference would it make?

Comment

Working...
                      X