Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey manages to displace 378,000 ethnic minorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, the reason why I did not interest this topic is because it is one of those dozens of "lets label Turkey" thread. Yes, govenrment displaced some Kurdish citizens by evaquating the villages. We protested those policies in the strests, we protested a lot of things in Turkey. That's why Turkey became more democratic state comparing to 1992-93.
    But I don't have a desire to discuss those issues with you since your aim is not discussing democratisation issues in Turkey but labelling Turkey with your obsessive hatred.
    I don2t discuss with you because you are not kind of people who cares about humanity, democracy, etc. If you were so you would start by Armenia instead of Turkey. Armenia is your country not Turkey, so if you care about those issues too much first critisize your people instead of Turks. Armenia is suffering with facisit government, lack of democracy, corruption, etc. If you do this first, then I can believe your honesty and discuss about Turkey's problems with you.

Comment

Dude, I'm so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
        Dude, I'm so sorry.
        Is this all? don't you have anything to say?

Comment

Fine, so don't bother me complaining about your stupid copy/paste threads anymore, bye...

Comment

I made this thread when we were being insulted by really mean immature Turks, not because of intellectual Turks like you. The point was Turkey is still doing bad things to people, it was for the Genocide denyers. To show that Turks are completely capable of doing the Genocide.
            But you had some good points so I apologized.
            The point is the Genocide happened. It was violently aggresive and humiliating to our people. And although Armenia has a lot of problems we are fixing them and we still want the Genocide recognized in order to normalize ties w/ Turkey again. That's all.

Comment

I know how you feel about the recognition of genocide by Turkey. But this is not a thing that can be done from today to tomorrow because of several facts. Let me count some facts why genocide is a hard issue in Turkey.
              1. Ordinary people in Turkey don't know anything about 1915.
              2. People in Turkey feel they are blackmailing by Armenian diaspora to recognize genocide. You have to understand that this is a sensitive issue and can not be solved by force.
              3. You turned this a political issue instead of historical. People think that you are blackmailing some countries parliements who have no idea about 1915.
              4. People think that (and I share this opinion) they are not sure whether the recognition is the final step or the first step to demand some other things like money, land, etc.
              I want to normalize relations between Turkey and Armenia too. But we have to solve our problems by mutually speaking, not by force of international community. I admit that Turkey had made some faults about this issue by creating a government rhetoric like "no, they killed us, there is nothing to talk about, nothin happened at 1915,etc"
              But you also have to admit that not Armenia but diasporan Armenians are also the fact that make the issue unsovled, too.

Comment

Actually, Sev Shun, you seem to have forgotten the fact that Turkey has been dragging this issue for 90 years. Had the Turks never committed genocide, this issue would not even be discussed. Had Turkey apologized and compensated, as any normal human being and nation should do, 85 years ago, we would not be discussing this issue right now.

History should be left to historians and politics to politicians. The Armenian genocide was committed by politicians and continues to be denied by politicans. You decide whether this is a historical or political issue.

In other words, blame your government instead of blaming the victims and their descendants when they ask, request, or demand justice, and consequently, compensation. You should have feared 90 years ago before committing genocide instead of trembling like dogs now. What the hell were you thinking? That we'd let you get away with it?? Come on now, get real. Acccept the genocide, and everything else that comes with it, the sooner the better. You deserve it, and so do we. Even if that means losing a bit of your land and a few billion dollars. That's about as much as you stole from us, so don't come blaming us for asking it back. That's the least we deserve after being forced into exile for over 85 years.

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
                  Actually, Sev Shun, you seem to have forgotten the fact that Turkey has been dragging this issue for 90 years. Had the Turks never committed genocide, this issue would not even be discussed. Had Turkey apologized and compensated, as any normal human being and nation should do, 85 years ago, we would not be discussing this issue right now.

History should be left to historians and politics to politicians. The Armenian genocide was committed by politicians and continues to be denied by politicans. You decide whether this is a historical or political issue.

In other words, blame your government instead of blaming the victims and their descendants when they ask, request, or demand justice, and consequently, compensation. You should have feared 90 years ago before committing genocide instead of trembling like dogs now. What the hell were you thinking? That we'd let you get away with it?? Come on now, get real. Acccept the genocide, and everything else that comes with it, the sooner the better. You deserve it, and so do we. Even if that means losing a bit of your land and a few billion dollars. That's about as much as you stole from us, so don't come blaming us for asking it back. That's the least we deserve after being forced into exile for over 85 years.
                  Nairi, noone is trembling like dogs. Don't speak as if you have a power or anyone is afraid of your power. You are as weak as before and you will live with this weakness in your little landlocked state as a third world country if you don't establish good relations with Turkey. I am sorry but this is the reality. I know how you feel weak, insecure and you are trying to behave as if you have the control or initiative. But this childish acts don't contribute to find a solution to the problem. Turkey can live denying genocide like it lived 90 years. Armenia is not an important country and noone can force Turks to do otherwise except bother Turkey with some weak political claims. So it is you who have the problem. Yes, you are the victim of history but sorry this is the reality of the world. So instead of trying to insult a person like me who is looking for a solution on your side, be a mature person, face with the reality and contribute for a solution, not for stupid revenge dreams.

Comment

So pretty much you look at the Genocide issue logically, but then when we say the reasons why we bring up the Genocide issue you get angry and say we don't have the power to make you change. We just want you to admit what you did. And give us some of our old land back with our old churches on it. Like Ani and Van.

"So instead of trying to insult a person like me who is looking for a solution on your side, be a mature person, face with the reality and contribute for a solution, not for stupid revenge dreams."

Here's a good solution. Admit what you did, instead of saying you won't because we can't make you, and I'm sure we can normalize relations.

"face with the reality" you say, I'm facing it. Turkey should face it.

Comment

You're the one interpreting this as revenge. I spoke of justice, something, you, with your highness, do not seem to understand yet.

There is nothing to discuss. We have already been over it all. Turkey either recognizes its own history and lives as a dignified nation, or continues in its nationalistically fascist lies and remains a retarted nation. You choose.

As for Armenia, don't you worry. Time will tell who will survive and who won't.

Comment

Working...
                      X