Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Russian Georgian conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Russian Georgian conflict

Originally posted by ARK
    Good, actually this community of 80000 people has no influence in politics but plays a major role in industrial domain. They are mostly well-off and I’d say rich (for Iran of course), the population is mainly concentrated on three main regions of the capital ( Ahmadinejad lives in one of those areas hugely populated by Armenians, 90%) with about 12 schools and many churches. It is the only minority in Iran that has the permission to teach its language and religion (kron) at schools, j ews, kurds, and other minorities cannot do so. But the country is not a hell for j ews, they are free to practice Judaism and surprisingly are the only Iranians allowed to travel to “ Israel”( in our passports it says: the holder of this passport in not entitled to travel to the occupied Palestine.)
    We don’t have big problems right now but a few years ago we changed the stupid law on blood money concerning the minorities. In general, we get on well with Iranians and most of them love armeninas(it is reciprocal) and as soon as some meet an armenian, they start to praise some of their qualities. Our situation is way too different from that in Georgia or Turkey.

And then you have people here in USA who where born in Iran, and they say US should drop nuke and eliminate Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      I guess you can say the same about Turks and Joos as well.
      You can say the same thing for every country, and every group of people...because there are always bad and good people...

Growing up in Russia...Russians were such a mother xxxxers...the most racist people i have ever seen...i was the only Armenian, everyday was hell, do you know who where the people that stood up for me...Turks and Chechens...it maybe be hard for you to believe but thats the reality. You can take me to the moon and back but i cannot forget what "our enemies" have done for me

Comment

It's their own fault. They encouraged Armenian colonization of the north Caucasus and the Armenian community in Moscow and Saint Petersburg have been around since way before the 20th century. Let's not forget that tons of ethnic Russian Muscovites are actually immigrants from Siberia and other former Soviet republics.

It's what they get for their imperialism. They had to expand their empire all the way to the Far East, and this is how they inherited all the ethnic groups they love to hate.

Comment

Fedayeen,

May I ask where in Russia you grew up? In my experience, Russians in Moscow and those outside in the more rural areas have quite different attitudes.

Comment

In my experience, Russian girls were very friendly.

But, seriously Fed, I understand your personal experiences have left an impression, but the issue of Azeris or Georgians and their overall attitude against Armenia and Armenians, not individually but as a unity of people goes deeper than the matter of personal treatment you may have recieved from them, whether good or bad.

You said Russians were racist to you. I can understand that especially as a kid, such things can stay hurtful for a while. I myself lived in Moscow for a year and I've seen some of that myself. The worst thing I remember was when I heard once in a line an old grandma say that she would like to put all people of Caucusus against the wall and machine gun them all. Though she did say that maybe not Armenians, because they are better than the other two.

In your own story I can imagine that the Turk (did you mean an Azeri or a Turkmen) and the Chechen stood up for you because at least in that instant you shared the racism all darker people experience in Russia. Also, ingeneral on a neutral territory cultural dislikes, grudges and even hatreds subside. But allow me to make a point. It is absolutely possible that you may meet a very nice and kind Georgian or a Turk or even an Azeri (we had neighbors who were Azeris and they were very nice people as shocking as that may sound), but that only means that at that moment the decidely anti-Armenian views of their nation and peoples did not play a role. Like I said it was perhaps due to the neutrality of the place. Their individual treatment of you in no way has bearing on how they would vote or sanction barbaric or aggresive actions of their peoples against Armenia and Armenians in general. If you ask Skhara, I'm sure he'll tell you stories of his family recieving much more unfriendly treatment from Azeris. Why, because in their house, where it matters most, they saw Armenians not as individuals, the way they saw you in Russia, but as Armenians, who should be robbed, kicked out and neutralized. I've always thought that if you could suck out the "Turkishness" or the "Azeriness" out of the Turks and Azeris, you may find wonderful people, people who strive to be great parents, great sons and daughters, great brothers and sisters, same things we Armenians and indeed all people on this earth strive for. That humanistic thing we all people of earth share. But what xxxxs it up is the ugly cultural, societal, national values, teachings, ambitions, etc. A turk is not born anti-Armenian, but he or she will in most likelyhood grow up anti-Armenian (again not necessarily in the sence of hating you individually, but in the sence of being a tiny cell in the collective anti-Armenian organism of his nation or culture), unfortunately, because of what they will read and hear and watch as they grow up. That's decades and centuries worth of generational and national(ist) agendas and brainwashing, and nurture. Though that alludes to the argument of nature vs nurture, which is still somewhat open. I think that somewhere along the line, for Turks the centuries old nurture of warfare and causing oppression probably translates some of that nurture to the nature.

As far as me, I should add that without fail, every time I got to spend more than 15 minutes with any Russian, the respect they had for Armenia was pulpuble. I'd heard on many occasions Russians excitedly saying that Armenians were some of the oldest people in the world and the oldest civilization among the old republics. Also, the old radical grandma I met was a huge exception, for besides her I only met friendly and very motherly babushkas.
            Last edited by karoaper; 10-03-2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Karo, how are the Circassians, Dagestanis and Ossetians treated? Do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                Karo, how are the Circassians, Dagestanis and Ossetians treated? Do you know?
                Sorry bro, I have no idea. Certainly after Beslan, there's going to be very friendly and emotional attitutude towards Ossetians. But towards the other two I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara
                  Fedayeen,

May I ask where in Russia you grew up? In my experience, Russians in Moscow and those outside in the more rural areas have quite different attitudes.
                  Siberia, and traveled all over Russia, but generally speaking most Russians are idiots...same as "white people" are idiots here...i think idiocy has something to do with being white blue eyed, blonde haired crackhead, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
                    Siberia, and traveled all over Russia, but generally speaking most Russians are idiots...same as "white people" are idiots here...i think idiocy has something to do with being white blue eyed, blonde haired crackhead, for the most part.
                    lol that's funny I lived in Siberia for coupe of years where my dad had a job there. From what I remember and from what my mom has told me the people loved us.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                      In my experience, Russian girls were very friendly.

But, seriously Fed, I understand your personal experiences have left an impression, but the issue of Azeris or Georgians and their overall attitude against Armenia and Armenians, not individually but as a unity of people goes deeper than the matter of personal treatment you may have recieved from them, whether good or bad.

You said Russians were racist to you. I can understand that especially as a kid, such things can stay hurtful for a while. I myself lived in Moscow for a year and I've seen some of that myself. The worst thing I remember was when I heard once in a line an old grandma say that she would like to put all people of Caucusus against the wall and machine gun them all. Though she did say that maybe not Armenians, because they are better than the other two.

In your own story I can imagine that the Turk (did you mean an Azeri or a Turkmen) and the Chechen stood up for you because at least in that instant you shared the racism all darker people experience in Russia. Also, ingeneral on a neutral territory cultural dislikes, grudges and even hatreds subside. But allow me to make a point. It is absolutely possible that you may meet a very nice and kind Georgian or a Turk or even an Azeri (we had neighbors who were Azeris and they were very nice people as shocking as that may sound), but that only means that at that moment the decidely anti-Armenian views of their nation and peoples did not play a role. Like I said it was perhaps due to the neutrality of the place. Their individual treatment of you in no way has bearing on how they would vote or sanction barbaric or aggresive actions of their peoples against Armenia and Armenians in general. If you ask Skhara, I'm sure he'll tell you stories of his family recieving much more unfriendly treatment from Azeris. Why, because in their house, where it matters most, they saw Armenians not as individuals, the way they saw you in Russia, but as Armenians, who should be robbed, kicked out and neutralized. I've always thought that if you could suck out the "Turkishness" or the "Azeriness" out of the Turks and Azeris, you may find wonderful people, people who strive to be great parents, great sons and daughters, great brothers and sisters, same things we Armenians and indeed all people on this earth strive for. That humanistic thing we all people of earth share. But what xxxxs it up is the ugly cultural, societal, national values, teachings, ambitions, etc. A turk is not born anti-Armenian, but he or she will in most likelyhood grow up anti-Armenian (again not necessarily in the sence of hating you individually, but in the sence of being a tiny cell in the collective anti-Armenian organism of his nation or culture), unfortunately, because of what they will read and hear and watch as they grow up. That's decades and centuries worth of generational and national(ist) agendas and brainwashing, and nurture. Though that alludes to the argument of nature vs nurture, which is still somewhat open. I think that somewhere along the line, for Turks the centuries old nurture of warfare and causing oppression probably translates some of that nurture to the nature.

As far as me, I should add that without fail, every time I got to spend more than 15 minutes with any Russian, the respect they had for Armenia was pulpuble. I'd heard on many occasions Russians excitedly saying that Armenians were some of the oldest people in the world and the oldest civilization among the old republics. Also, the old radical grandma I met was a huge exception, for besides her I only met friendly and very motherly babushkas.

Bravo...you definatly do understand...thank you.

You see the whole school was all Russians...from the teachers to 98% of students just hated us...students i could understand but teachers...damn
                      It was me, 2 turks with last name Aliev, a chechen, then there was someone else from ingushetia...always had to watch out for eachother. Only two teachers liked me, one was from Greece and other was Chechen. But as you said all this is personal level...and i understand that...and everyone should understand too that there is bad and good people in every race/group of people...and personal level is different then speaking in general

Comment

Working...
                      X