Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    This premis that premarital sex for a women means that she is a xxxxx is and idiotic assumtion. Having sex does not make you goood or bad. You can have sex with multiple partners and still be a great person (man or woman). Having sex should not be looked upon as disrespecting ones self because it is very much a part of being a human being. Women do not get marries at 14 years of age anymore like they did in the past thus many of the morals relating to premerital sex are out of context and irrelivent today. Depriving yourself and others from one of the things that makes life worth living seems like a stupid idea to me especialy when it can be done in a safe and healthy manner.
    Right.... keep telling yourself that while some of my friends are recovering from divorce because their great and respectful wives took them to the cleaners while shacking up with losers while their hubbies were busy making money. Of course their complaints were "you're always working and I have needs" but I'll take your money and screw who ever I want. LOL.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      Right.... keep telling yourself that while some of my friends are recovering from divorce because their great and respectful wives took them to the cleaners while shacking up with losers while their hubbies were busy making money. Of course their complaints were "you're always working and I have needs" but I'll take your money and screw who ever I want. LOL.
      People suck! There are men who are terrible human beings and there are women who are terrible human beings. You're hearing the story from your male friends and we're not naive enough to think we tell stories without trying to cast ourselves in more positive light. I think the women have different stories about why their marriages failed and I wouldn't believe them either. The truth probably lies somewhere between.
      A virgin prior to marriage could do what you described as well. I would take this more as a lesson to choose our partners carefully.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
        People suck! There are men who are terrible human beings and there are women who are terrible human beings. You're hearing the story from your male friends and we're not naive enough to think we tell stories without trying to cast ourselves in more positive light. I think the women have different stories about why their marriages failed and I wouldn't believe them either. The truth probably lies somewhere between.
        A virgin prior to marriage could do what you described as well. I would take this more as a lesson to choose our partners carefully.
        True, but nobody listens to a man's lies, a man can hardly take a woman to the cleaners, man are much more likely to be prosecuted for delinquent child support payments, and finally, nobody will jail a woman just because her husband claims she forced him to have sex with her.

A virgin is less likely to do all of the above. While virginity is not a guarantee, it is a much better indicator of faithfulness. A virgin saves herself for her husband, whereas a woman who isn't is essentially selling herself to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
          A virgin is less likely to do all of the above. While virginity is not a guarantee, it is a much better indicator of faithfulness. A virgin saves herself for her husband, whereas a woman who isn't is essentially selling herself to the highest bidder.
          If it's not seen as much of an option if one wants to get married (as I would assume, you'd like it to be become?) doesn't it lose its predictive power? Assuming, of course, that there's a relationship between the two. E.g. If most women will wait because it's expected of them, then whether they waited or not (not enough variability) loses its usefulness at predicting who will be faithful.

I wonder whether women who wed as virgins later feel doubt in assessing their sexual satisfaction. Will she wonder if it could be better? I would think it would be more of an issue with the women who aren't enjoying sex with their husbands. Will they wonder if it's their husbands? I think open dialogue about sex between the couple would help, but to the extent that one partner doesn't feel like they could even bring up the topic with their spouse, would they be more likely to stray, just to see if it could be improved?
          My apologies for this not being well formulated, but I hope you all understand what I'm saying.
          I don't have an opinion either way... just thought it's an interesting question that might be worth considering.

Also, I don't think it's so black and white. There's a big difference between a woman with 20 partners and one with 1 or 2 previous partners no? Is it fair to say that the woman who had a long term relationship and had sex with that partner prior is a promiscuous or "selling herself to the highest bidder"?
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I wonder whether women who wed as virgins later feel doubt in assessing their sexual satisfaction. Will she wonder if it could be better? I would think it would be more of an issue with the women who aren't enjoying sex with their husbands. Will they wonder if it's their husbands? I think open dialogue about sex between the couple would help, but to the extent that one partner doesn't feel like they could even bring up the topic with their spouse, would they be more likely to stray, just to see if it could be improved?
            My apologies for this not being well formulated, but I hope you all understand what I'm saying.
            Most divorces are for money as most married guys I know are happy once a year, LOL.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              Most divorces are for money as most married guys I know are happy once a year, LOL.
              That's sad.
              Maybe if it was good, there'd be more of it?
              Really, baring some sort of medical condition or drug related side effect producing extremely low libido, I would think if it was enjoyable, both partners would want it more.

Seriously though... we were talking about the subset of divorces involving infidelity. What about in those cases?

Comment

If it's not seen as much of an option if one wants to get married (as I would assume, you'd like it to be become?) doesn't it lose its predictive power? Assuming, of course, that there's a relationship between the two. E.g. If most women will wait because it's expected of them, then whether they waited or not (not enough variability) loses its usefulness at predicting who will be faithful.
                I'm not sure what you mean here, especially in the first sentence. Would you reword?

While sex is important, it is not by any means the most important thing in marriage. It's a skill that can be learned and improved upon. There is a difference between not wanting to explore one's sexuality and waiting till marriage. For a woman, waiting indicates faithfulness to her future husband. If she is able to wait when she's free to do whatever she wants, then chances are higher that she will be faithful when she's married. Women who wed as virgins will be less likely to wonder about different partners than women who have mad many partners prior to being wed. There is no one to compare to, no measure of how good it can be. Plus, a lot of women enjoy sex the most when the feel sexy. Make a woman feel sexy and she'll enjoy it even when she's not enjoying it. There is a reason why every major religion expects women to be wed as virgins. In the end, women are free to do whatever they want, but they shouldn't expect men to accept them no matter what.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean here, especially in the first sentence. Would you reword?
                  I mean if it becomes social convention that women should be virgins, then it would increase the proportion of virgins. The closer we get to "100% virgins," we lose variability right? I.e. all virgins = zero variability. As we approach 100%, the value of that variable (virginity) as a predictor of fidelity decreases. I'm talking stats... I thought you had stats background? Am I confusing you with someone else?

While sex is important, it is not by any means the most important thing in marriage. It's a skill that can be learned and improved upon. There is a difference between not wanting to explore one's sexuality and waiting till marriage. For a woman, waiting indicates faithfulness to her future husband. If she is able to wait when she's free to do whatever she wants, then chances are higher that she will be faithful when she's married. Women who wed as virgins will be less likely to wonder about different partners than women who have mad many partners prior to being wed. There is no one to compare to, no measure of how good it can be. Plus, a lot of women enjoy sex the most when the feel sexy. Make a woman feel sexy and she'll enjoy it even when she's not enjoying it. There is a reason why every major religion expects women to be wed as virgins. In the end, women are free to do whatever they want, but they shouldn't expect men to accept them no matter what.
                  That's just it though... I'm wondering if not having anyone to compare to would be what makes them wonder. If you've had other partners couldn't you be less likely to think about what you might be missing? I think it could cut either way. Which way it goes, I don't know... I doubt that there's research on this, but I haven't looked.
                  Could we say the same of men then? If they're willing to wait and not have sex before marriage, does that mean they will be more likely to be faithful? If not, what's the difference?

I think making your partner feel sexy is a good idea in general, but I think orgasm would be more important to satisfaction.

Comment

I mean if it becomes social convention that women should be virgins, then it would increase the proportion of virgins. The closer we get to "100% virgins," we lose variability right? I.e. all virgins = zero variability. As we approach 100%, the value of that variable (virginity) as a predictor of fidelity decreases. I'm talking stats... I thought you had stats background? Am I confusing you with someone else?
                    Nop, your wording didn't make any sense to me. I think if women or shunned into being virgins and being faithful then everything works out. And the shunning must come from other women. And I would say that infidelity is much lower in countries where women wed virgins. And yes, you're confusing me with mos.

That's just it though... I'm wondering if not having anyone to compare to would be what makes them wonder. If you've had other partners couldn't you be less likely to think about what you might be missing? I think it could cut either way. Which way it goes, I don't know... I doubt that there's research on this, but I haven't looked.
                    Could we say the same of men then? If they're willing to wait and not have sex before marriage, does that mean they will be more likely to be faithful? If not, what's the difference?
                    You are talking as if sex is the single most important thing in life. Any woman for whom that is true is not fit for marriage, period. Others don't spend much time wondering if their lives would be better if they were having sex with someone else.

Almost all women would admit, a virgin guy is just not attractive. Whether secretly, or openly most women want a man who's more experience than they are.
                    I think making your partner feel sexy is a good idea in general, but I think orgasm would be more important to satisfaction.
                    Women don't orgasm if they don't feel sexy.

Comment

Almost all women would admit, a virgin guy is just not attractive. Whether secretly, or openly most women want a man who's more experience than they are.
                      You think Bill Gates got around before he got hitched? lol I don't think natives have this issue... seems to be an immigrant thing as natives usually hook up at a young age.

Comment

Working...
                      X