Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    You seem to be stuck on this hymen thing.... I'm not sure why. Chastity has nothing to do with a woman's hymen. It's about a belief and code of conduct that was common practice in traditional societies.

You claim that "your" model encourages less dishonesty but there is nothing dishonest about a woman who intentionally attempts to seduce a man who she knows is married. She knows what she is doing and it's up to the man to turn down the offer. Why do the men still get blamed? It's up to the women to take out the trash in their society. However, since the modern woman blames the man for a practice that she herself admits is acceptable then the man is really in a lose-lose situation.
    I'm not stuck on anything. I've been trying to redirect you to the comments to which you never replied.

That may not be dishonest, but it is unethical. I don't think women on the whole, think this is acceptable in the least.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

If you mean affair, then say affair.
      So, a couple of young adults date for a year or two and no one has any sex... you'd call that an affair?
      You want to argue semantics instead of addressing the actual content. Tsk tsk.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
        So, a couple of young adults date for a year or two and no one has any sex... you'd call that an affair?
        No, that's called dating.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

No, that's called dating.
          Of course... I should have specified "date exclusively"

Comment

Would you call herpes as aids?
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

That may not be dishonest, but it is unethical. I don't think women on the whole, think this is acceptable in the least.

Sex out of marriage - acceptable
              Changing partners due to dissatisfaction - acceptable
              Seducing other men when not getting attention in a "relationship" - acceptable

Interesting that modern women are shocked with the behaviour of men when they are the ones who condition the behaviour.

Comment

Would you call herpes as aids?
                Nope, but when someone in a conversation about STDs says "AIDS," I don't start talking about the difference between an aide and an assistant.

Sex out of marriage - acceptable
                Changing partners due to dissatisfaction - acceptable
                Seducing other men when not getting attention in a "relationship" - acceptable

Interesting that modern women are shocked with the behaviour of men when they are the ones who condition the behaviour.
                Where do you get these insights into the female psyche from?
                Women think it's okay to cheat? Is that what you're arguing? What does this have to do with premarital sex again? You evaded the topic so long, I got lost on this zigzaggy nonsensical journey.
                Do men find any of those things objectionable?

Comment

Nope, but when someone in a conversation about STDs says "AIDS," I don't start talking about the difference between an aide and an assistant.

Where do you get these insights into the female psyche from?
                  Women think it's okay to cheat? Is that what you're arguing? What does this have to do with premarital sex again? You evaded the topic so long, I got lost on this zigzaggy nonsensical journey.
                  Do men find any of those things objectionable?
                  premarital sex = sex out of marriage
                  affair = sex out of marriage

symantics?

It's only cheating if YOU DEFINE it as cheating. I see nothing wrong with having an affair with another woman while having a signed contract which the state has defined as your "wife". One is sex inside marriage (a signed contract) while the other is sex out of marriage (no contract).

Comment

premarital sex = sex out of marriage
                    affair = sex out of marriage

symantics?

It's only cheating if YOU DEFINE it as cheating. I see nothing wrong with having an affair with another woman while having a signed contract which the state has defined as your "wife". One is sex inside marriage (a signed contract) while the other is sex out of marriage (no contract).
                    I think you forgot where your sidestepping began. Here you go...

So a woman who has had sex at all (regardless of pattern of activity or circumstances) is cheap and basically good only as a cheap alternative to a prostitute? No, that's not an extreme view at all.

Let's assume we adjust the definition of loose women to actually apply to promiscuous women (less extreme standard)...
                    Wouldn't it be better for all to have education about sex and teach responsible practices, etc than to go on this way and have men go to the town wh0re or Russian prostitutes or whatever? Are the men not "dirty" in this scenario? Indiscriminate and reckless? They're going to go expose themselves to disease and then transmit it as a gift to their virgin bride on their wedding night? "Hey, baby... Wait til I show you the skills (and herpes) I picked up practicing with my favorite Russian prostitute " Give me a moment while I swoon at the romance and thoughtfulness.

Alternatively, some guys might recognize this risk, but a society that views premarital sex this way motivates unethical behavior for them too. It makes it a more appealing option to find a girl to "con" as Gegev described: promise to marry her, sleep with her, and then discard her like spent single-use batteries or something. And are these guys going to be honest about this?

And what does it encourage for the girls? Honesty? No... They are motivated to engage in practices that would leave the hymen intact. These are risky behaviors as well; we know anal is riskier and with oral people don't tend to use any protection. Then of course, they would deny any of this.
                    Then there's the other women who have their hymens surgically recreated... Either way, the outcome is denial and lies. And that works fine for them because all anyone's interested in is a bloody bed sheet.

This kind of behavior is far more morally reprehensible than a woman who has sex inside a committed monogamous long-term relationship.

Comment

I think you forgot where your sidestepping began. Here you go...
                      I'm not sidestepping, you're trying to label women as having "degrees" of promiscuity.

Comment

Working...
                      X