Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

So do you think that this is right: the girl is in a serious relationship 4 a long time...and does want to have sex but shes afraid that if she does an then lets say they break up then she's not a virgin nemore..so she thinks that no other guy is gna want her (armenian neway)...and for this reason she doesnt have sex with her bf...do u think that this kind of mentality is right or a healthy one?

Comment

In my opinion, unfortunently, her way of thinking is right. Not necessarily healthy, but it's right, for the following reason:

The girl wants to have sex but is worried if she breaks up, nobody will want her. That itself proves she should not have sex because she's already considering they might break up.

The girl should wait until she meets the right person; whether it's this boyfriend or the next. At that point, she can either have sex with him (without the worrying of breaking up, since he's the right one for her) or wait until they are married.

You see the problem is girls just want to have sex, regardless of who it is. I think we should all wait until we meet the right person. That way, there is no worry of "what if we break up" and in my opinion, if you have sex before marriage, I consider it okay, because it's with who you love and will eventually marry.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
        In my opinion, unfortunently, her way of thinking is right. Not necessarily healthy, but it's right, for the following reason:

The girl wants to have sex but is worried if she breaks up, nobody will want her. That itself proves she should not have sex because she's already considering they might break up.

The girl should wait until she meets the right person; whether it's this boyfriend or the next. At that point, she can either have sex with him (without the worrying of breaking up, since he's the right one for her) or wait until they are married.

You see the problem is girls just want to have sex, regardless of who it is. I think we should all wait until we meet the right person. That way, there is no worry of "what if we break up" and in my opinion, if you have sex before marriage, I consider it okay, because it's with who you love and will eventually marry.
        So, would u say that a girl made a mistake or is a xxxx if she does have sex with her bf and at that time she thinks that he's the right one and no doubt in her mind...but a year later for some reason...doesnt really matter...they break up...

do u think that this way of thinking should change in our community? y or y not (i mean since it's not healthy)?

Comment

One-way as much as I respect you for voicing your opinion, I am just going to have to disagree on this.

Okay, in that case, here is my opinion.

I believe if two people love each other -- and I don't mean movie love -- where you really like somebody but once you glance at other guy/girl, you fall in love again. I mean true love, it exists, maybe some people might not agree, and I wouldn't have either two years ago but I'm talking about love.

If two people love each other, they will do whatever their other half suggets. That means if the girl tells the guy (whether or not the guy is a virgin) that she wants to wait until marriage, the guy should agree, no question. There should be no talk of him cheating because she's not having sex with him or anthing else. That just means it's not love and it was founded on NOTHING. This work vice versa, obviously.
          Well this just sounds absurd. If one person suggests something then the other person should "do it" no matter what, because of "true love"? There is no "true love." It's just a continuing process between people that we all have and can grow in and out of and with many different combinations of people. It is "practical politics." I am not denying love, I am denying it any of the heavenly and imaginary and idealistic dimensions we ascribe it, raising it on a pedestal. We are all capable of selfless (which many would equate to love) and selfishness (which many would equate as the antithesis).

I don't think in the real world - the practical world - "love" exists in the same idealistic realm as you have ascribed it. There is no "true love." In love there is no equality. One person puckers up to kiss, and one person always braces for the kiss. In other words, there is a power dynamic. So, if one person wants to have sex, they are more likely to cheat and/or get it somewhere else. The reason for this is because many people do not know themselves well enough, or well at all, to know what they are capable of - their potentials and limitations. And because many people tend to be more selfish and seek the self-gratification of their prurient interests, they are more likely to chart on this course as opposed to waiting. I am not speaking about everyone (obviously), but that is the way it goes in the real world of practical politics and human animality for most of the people who do not possess self-knowledge, and are not capable of introspection.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

This taps into a very interesting question. At what point does someone become a "slut"?
            Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-19-2008, 12:02 PM.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
              One-way as much as I respect you for voicing your opinion, I am just going to have to disagree on this.

Well this just sounds absurd. If one person suggests something then the other person should "do it" no matter what, because of "true love"? There is no "true love." It's just a continuing process between people that we all have and can grow in and out of and with many different combinations of people. It is "practical politics." I am not denying love, I am denying it any of the heavenly and imaginary and idealistic dimensions we ascribe it, raising it on a pedestal. We are all capable of selfless (which many would equate to love) and selfishness (which many would equate as the antithesis).

I don't think in the real world - the practical world - "love" exists in the same idealistic realm as you have ascribed it. There is no "true love." In love there is no equality. One person puckers up to kiss, and one person always braces for the kiss. In other words, there is a power dynamic. So, if one person wants to have sex, they are more likely to cheat and/or get it somewhere else. The reason for this is because many people do not know themselves well enough, or well at all, to know what they are capable of - their potentials and limitations. And because many people tend to be more selfish and seek the self-gratification of their prurient interests, they are more likely to chart on this course as opposed to waiting. I am not speaking about everyone (obviously), but that is the way it goes in the real world of practical politics and human animality for most of the people who do not possess self-knowledge, and are not capable of introspection.
              I can agree with most of what you said in your last paragraph. More importantly, I can understand what you mean entirely. But yes, in my opinion, if two people are in a relationship and claim they are in love, they should work together to keep that relationship moving forward. Therefore, if one person wants to have sex and the other doesn't, as you said, that person is more likely to cheat. That in itself proves that person didn't love ther other.

Originally posted by RareChik View Post
              So, would u say that a girl made a mistake or is a xxxx if she does have sex with her bf and at that time she thinks that he's the right one and no doubt in her mind...but a year later for some reason...doesnt really matter...they break up...

do u think that this way of thinking should change in our community? y or y not (i mean since it's not healthy)?
              Look, I don't believe in the "I thought he was the right one but now I realized I was wrong" mentality, okay? Mainly because if you want to have sex, you should know for sure if that person is who you think they are. People will disagree and say you can never know for sure, I think it's possible. I've known my girlfriend for a little over a year and in a month, I think we both had each other figured out to the last drop. If you want to have sex with someone, you better be sure or else don't bring up that excuse because it's your fault.

Comment

My thoughts: If all things being equal between two girls; one being a virgin and one not, I'm going to choose the virgin.

And this mentality is shared by at least 90% of the Armenian guys, and by at least 80% of guys in general. Whether you like it or not, that's life, and you have to learn to deal with it. Of course, there are never situations where everything between two girls are equal, so the issue then becomes how much value a guy puts in the girl being a virgin, and that's a personal choice. Girls don't put as much value in a guy being a virgin so most guys don't feel the pressure to stay a virgin. In fact, some girls would wonder what’s wrong with the guy.

It's all a matter of preference, just like some girls prefer tall guys, some prefer doctors, some prefer bums. But unlike genetics, a girl can choose to be a virgin, just like a guy can choose to work hard, go to med school and be a doctor. The choices you make have both positives and negatives, so you personally will need to weigh your options and make the decision yourself. If you want to end up with a nice, decent, well educated, strong moral values, all the good stuff Armenian guy, you'll probably want to have all the factors that you control (non-genetic) in your favor including being a virgin.

Again, no one’s forcing Armenian girls to stay virgins (although the parents may try to, only because they want the cream of the crop for their daughter), but the girls shouldn’t get angry at “old” traditions, etc when the good looking big shot multimillionaire lawyer or business owner or whatever chooses another girl simply because she’s as good as them, except a virgin.

Comment

When will the girls get to choose? The times when the girl has to sit at home and be pure and wait for a guy to approve of her is over. If you are a girl, take charge of your life, do whatever you want to do, and don't be too worried about the approval/disapproval of some guy with "tradditional" issues which in this day and age don't really mean anything.

Also, sex is waaaaaaaay overblown and too dramatized. It's really not that big a deal anymore. If you haven't lived under a rock, aren't doing STUPID things to impair your rational judgement (like drink heavily and do drugs), then the physical risks from sex can be very minimal. The emotional risks are also something you'll learn to live with but the best way is to live rather than to wait in fear of "what if".
                  Last edited by Sip; 06-19-2008, 05:46 PM.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

I can agree with most of what you said in your last paragraph. More importantly, I can understand what you mean entirely. But yes, in my opinion, if two people are in a relationship and claim they are in love, they should work together to keep that relationship moving forward. Therefore, if one person wants to have sex and the other doesn't, as you said, that person is more likely to cheat. That in itself proves that person didn't love ther other.

Look, I don't believe in the "I thought he was the right one but now I realized I was wrong" mentality, okay? Mainly because if you want to have sex, you should know for sure if that person is who you think they are. People will disagree and say you can never know for sure, I think it's possible. I've known my girlfriend for a little over a year and in a month, I think we both had each other figured out to the last drop. If you want to have sex with someone, you better be sure or else don't bring up that excuse because it's your fault.
                    well wat if that girl doesnt regret nething she didd...shes perfectly fine with it . u think it's wrong for guys to think of her as a xxxx just cuz she's not a virgin?

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                      When will the girls get to choose? The times when the girl has to sit at home and be pure and wait for a guy to approve of her is over. If you are a girl, take charge of your life, do whatever you want to do, and don't be too worried about the approval/disapproval of some guy with "tradditional" issues which in this day and age don't really mean anything.

Also, sex is waaaaaaaay overblown and too dramatized. It's really not that big a deal anymore. If you haven't lived under a rock, aren't doing STUPID things to impair your rational judgement (like drink heavily and do drugs), then the physical risks from sex can be very minimal. The emotional risks are also something you'll learn to live with but the best way is to live rather than to wait in fear of "what if".

wow! I havent heard this from a lot of ppl or any for that matter. I'm surprised. Not a lot of ppl think this way(especially armenian).

Comment

Working...
                      X