Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Attraction to women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attraction to women

When/if you are in a committed relationship (serious gf, wife) etc. do you occasionally find yourself seriously attracted to another girl/woman? Do you think it's normal?

Let's say you work together or go to school together and you see this person very frequently. There is a cheerful bond which develops, she is fun and kind and interesting and is insanely attractive. Do you continue a very close friendship/mild flirtation at work/school/etc., ooor the moment you feel that attraction starts to increase do you voluntarily decrease the contact with the woman/girl?

Do you know what I'm talkin' bout?

Re: Attraction for men

I just woke up so I'll say something but this isn't the best answer.

I'm in a serious relationship and I don't really get attracted to another girl. If I come across a friendly girl in class, that's how it remains; an acquaintance in class. I don't really look for anything so I don't allow myself to get interested. I don't really take the time to look at another girl so I guess I'm already nothing allowing myself to get interested. Why would I look?

That's just me.

Comment

I think it's perfectly normal to have some connection, even attraction women other than the one you're with.

If you get to close to some other girl, without actually doing anything with them, at least be careful not to explicitly grade the girl you are with based on "all the wonderful qualities" of this other girl. That's a no no. You might find yourself all alone.

For advice on how to "jump ship" between relationships, you'll have to ask someone else, I've never done that.

Comment

This looks strangely wrong; we both replied in a thread titled "Attraction for men."

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post

I'm in a serious relationship and I don't really get attracted to another girl. If I come across a friendly girl in class, that's how it remains; an acquaintance in class. I don't really look for anything so I don't allow myself to get interested. I don't really take the time to look at another girl so I guess I'm already nothing allowing myself to get interested. Why would I look?

That's just me.
          A contributing factor to this, imo, is how high sex is graded as a priority in your life. If it's too high, you'll definitely be looking and seeking accordingly to your environment.

There's nothing wrong with having it as a lower priority, it doesn't necessarily mean you have a weak libido, it's just that you don't put libido goggles on during your day outside of home. I find I get on with women better at school this way, there's more comfort. Sometimes I pursue a girl after I established this comfort, and then I do start to think about sex, that's when I start to feel less relaxed and can act awkwardly, forgetting my bits of wisdom :P

Comment

This looks strangely wrong; we both replied in a thread titled "Attraction for men."
            Perhaps we should change the title. Ah... much better.

Comment

Unlike One-Way I don't believe it's a black and white issue. Even if you are in a relationship, attraction is attraction.

The mere virtue of being involved in a relationship does not make one blind to beautiful people and attraction. The problem is in the emphasis that is placed. You can be alone and appreciate a beautiful woman or handsome man, and be with your significant other and be inappropriate. Likewise, you can be with your other and acknowledge "He/she is a good looking man/woman."

Attraction is not a choice, unlike love. However, because it is not a choice, it does not mean you cannot choose to control it. In other words, let's not confuse the choice with a lack of choice. What you find attractive and gravitate toward on a carnal and physical/chemical level does not mean that you have no choice in curbing it or exercising restraint. If that were the case then there should be no relationships since everyone would be even more blatantly animalistic in their deceptions and infidelities.

As One-Way pointed out, you just don't allow yourself to develop a bond or get interested because you know that is a road that leads to nowhere but problems. And I should say, it says more about you then your significant other. Maybe there is something about your significant other that you do not like and were hiding it inside in the depths of your being.

She can be the hottest girl for miles, but if that overshadows her personality, your relationship will fail. She can be the most amiable girl for miles, but if that overshadows her looks, your relationship will fail. A relationship simply needs both emotional and physical attraction to work. It is a matter of the heart and penis, not the mind, thus this attraction must be felt and not rationalized. For if the latter, then you end up precisely in scenarios where you are flirting at work with someone who you are attracted to.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: Attraction to women

Eh, I think the third part of Anonymouse's paragraph is more of what I was trying to say.

To me, it doesn't matter, because I won't allow myself to develop a bond. It doesn't matter if I, for a second, think someone is attractive. In all honesty, I don't find it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                  Perhaps we should change the title. Ah... much better.
                  I liked my original title, it had a ring to it. A cologne that Calvin Klein would create.

Comment

That's just me.
                    Well, it's not really looking per se. You happened to be around this person a lot, you end up communicating and little by little you develop a bond. It helps if the woman is very attractive, I'm sure. Perhaps in school it's different, but if it's at work and you have to work together it could be a more serious situation. What would you do if the woman is very cool, sexy, funny and clever and she is a good friend to you. No intentions from the beginning, but what about later?

Comment

Working...
                    X